RDA vs Conor McGregor - Pre-Figth Analysis - Coach Firas Zahabi

Nice yellow cards chum. I see you're going places, lol.

Not the first, won't be the last. When you're interesting, sometimes you cross somemody's line.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

As for you.... your av is indeed predictive of behavior.

I haven't seen anything about Connor that suggests he will slow down after the first couple of rounds. RDA obviously has great cardio and a strong will, but I believe Connor does as well. IF RDA can secure the takedowns and really do some damage from the top, I can see him wearing Connor down over the course of the fight. RDA also hits harder than anyone Connor has fought, and he seems to have a solid chin.

I agree that Connor could possibly pick RDA apart in the standup, but I'm curious as to how Connor's chin will hold up in this contest. I actually don't really know who to pick here, Connor has been very hard to bet against, but this is a pretty big challenge for him......

I disagree with him in that I think if McGregor dominates the first few rounds and doesn't get the finish, he can grab a decision.

Otherwise, solid stuff from Firas. I think he overestimates RDA's striking a little bit as well, but great arguments from one of the best.

That's because you love Conor's nuts so you are incapable of agreeing.

Conor not going to win a decision.

You don't know me, so it's funny you suggest I was ever banned. I'm from a different forum where I WAS banned there. But that's neither here nor there. I've lurked here long enough to know that your MMA knowledge is poor at best and you let a whole lot of bias show in your analysis.

Wait, so you know me but I don't know who you are? lol. Ok. I hope RDA tries what Conor is already preparing for and you get to see that I was right. If/when this happens I'll be bumping the thread. It wouldn't be the first time a fighter tried to smother another fighter only to end up hurt by an inside jump / spinning back kick.

Last edited:
That's because you love Conor's nuts so you are incapable of agreeing.

Conor not going to win a decision.
What makes you think that? Conor is undefeated in fights that have reached decision and has shown no signs of slowing down or having bad cardio.

I agree Zahabi. RDA's leg kicks and body kicks can be the difference since he's a southpaw. But then again, Conor fights by this code: "BE FIRST". He has never abandoned this code and has always been right in front of his opponents, pressuring him with his in and out style, making his opponents tentative. It's hard to throw leg kicks or Body kicks with all the pressure Conor imposes on his opponents.

What makes you think that? Conor is undefeated in fights that have reached decision and has shown no signs of slowing down or having bad cardio.

The holloway fight was a weird half assed fight from both fighters since they were hurt. Aldo Conor was tired in the mendes fight from bottom elbows. You couldn't tell right before final flurry and right after fight? But that was FW so he should have better cardio at LW.

Those half ass doubles from Conor aren't going to work on RDA. RDA style will rack up more points.

Wait, so you know me but I don't know who you are? lol. Ok. I hope RDA tries what Conor is already preparing for and you get to see that I was right. If/when this happens I'll be bumping the thread. It wouldn't be the first time a fighter tried to smother another fighter only to end up hurt by an inside jump / spinning back kick.
I hope you keep this account after March 5th. I really do. But in the event that you don't, it's gonna be just like the Titanic.

You're going to abandon a sinking ship, jump on another boat and watch me clown your old account from afar in the misty and foggy cold darkness. And the whole time there won't be a thing you can do about it.

I hope you keep this account after March 5th. I really do. But in the event that you don't, it's gonna be just like the Titanic.

You're going to abandon a sinking ship, jump on another boat and watch me clown your old account from afar in the misty and foggy cold darkness. And the whole time there won't be a thing you can do about it.

LOL. Whatever will help you sleep that night.

Not the first, won't be the last. When you're interesting, sometimes you cross somemody's line.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

As for you.... your av is indeed predictive of behavior.
As I walk through the misty cold darkness of a mid-December evening through a vast and vegetated jungle in Northern Vietnam, I changed my name to @CatchnShoot, started a Sherbro account and tried to impress a bunch of people with fancy words that I don't even know the meaning of.

The holloway fight was a weird half assed fight from both fighters since they were hurt. Aldo Conor was tired in the mendes fight from bottom elbows. You couldn't tell right before final flurry and right after fight? But that was FW so he should have better cardio at LW.

Those half ass doubles from Conor aren't going to work on RDA. RDA style will rack up more points.

Erm... McGregor didn't look too tired against Chad. He got up and blasted Mendes into turtle mode.

I don't imagine Conor would try and take down RDA. The point of my post was to say there isn't any credible evidence to believe Conor will easily gas out and lose a decision. His entire career he has shown fine cardio.

captain spaulding hey look who we have here, silvio dante , eric baneman, H0T CARL etcc hahaa i told ya that you wouldn't last

Pettis's kicks are more dangerous than Conor's kicks. Pettis finishes guys with his kicks, Conor's kicks hurt but he's not really setting the world on fire with them either. They're flashy and just another addition to the McGregor mind game in my opinion.

RDA was able to completely nullify Pettis' kicking game for two reasons.

1.) He stayed close enough for Pettis to not be able to launch them.

2.) Pettis had to worry about the takedown.

These are both factors that Conor will have to deal with as well. This leaves me to believe that Conor will have to stick to his boxing exclusively. Both Firas and myself agree full heartedly on this. Can Conor score a KO with RDA being in close? Maybe, it's not out of the realm of reality. But my money says Conor is gonna have to rely on his boxing and leave the kicks in the locker room for this one.

I'd agree on the boxing for the majority but to leave out the body kick's against a more stationary opponent than he is used to, I wouldn't advise.

Notice: I used the term "more stationary" as opposed to "stationary" because although RDA is not completely flat footed, the 155 and above fellas move nowhere near as well as 145 and below (see Ross Pearson vs Cub Swanson).

Erm... McGregor didn't look too tired against Chad. He got up and blasted Mendes into turtle mode.

I don't imagine Conor would try and take down RDA. The point of my post was to say there isn't any credible evidence to belive Conor will easily gas out and lose a decision. His entire career he has shown fine cardio.
Conor was clearly winded at the end of that fight. Luckily for him he had just enough gas for one more burst and Mendes didn't. You need to take those rose colored glasses off and watch that fight again.......

Or in your case, the first time.

captain spaulding hey look who we have here, silvio dante , eric baneman, H0T CARL etcc hahaa i told ya that you wouldn't last
You are quite the fucktard. You're immediately blocked because I KNOW you're a twelve year old. I'd spank your ass and your daddy's ass too if he tried to step in because he's obviously failed you.

Conor was clearly winded at the end of that fight. Luckily for him he had just enough gas for one more burst and Mendes didn't. You need to take those rose colored glasses off and watch that fight again.......

Or in your case, the first time.

Lets take a look at a gassed fighter finishing the fight.

adP2h1S.gif

Better yet, lets look earlier into round 2 where he was clearly gassed.

McGrbSI.gif

Oh wait... So tired he scrambled the INSTANT chad went for a sub and then got to his feet even later.

Come on, let us try and use facts here.

Lets take a look at a gassed fighter finishing the fight.

adP2h1S.gif

Better yet, lets look earlier into round 2 where he was clearly gassed.

McGrbSI.gif

Oh wait... So tired he scrambled the INSTANT chad went for a sub and then got to his feet even later.

Come on, let us try and use facts here.

Go watch the fight in real time. He was clearly winded. Even in the gif you can see he's mouth breathing.

You don't know me, so it's funny you suggest I was ever banned. I'm from a different forum where I WAS banned there. But that's neither here nor there. I've lurked here long enough to know that your MMA knowledge is poor at best and you let a whole lot of bias show in your analysis.
Sad and desperate

Back