RDA loses all credibility for this

I've broken my foot in the past. I spent a good few days just thinking it was a bruise or something. It still hurt and was hard to walk, but it did not bother me enough to think it was broken. I could see how in a big fight like this he would be hoping it was minor and he would still be able to compete.

As was said, Dan Henderson did the same thing and his was far worse considering they hid it so his teammate could get an edge in the potential fight with Jones.

Don't get how you can be mad at him, he can't fight with a broken foot. Release your anger on a punching bag instead

An alternate interpretation is that he still wanted to fight if there was a way and he didn't 100% know that he was out of commission. I guess we're not talking about Nova Uniao training methods, so I have nothing to say about that.

Idiotic thread. Even McGregor's trainer understand why he did it.

Nope I'm not just talking about getting injured, we all know Kings MMA and Nova Uniao both train like fools and spar hard 2 weeks before title fights, but hey injuries happen...No, what I'm talking about is flat out lying for 2/3 days that he was injured. According to Sherdog article he broke his foot late last week.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ra...t-of-UFC-196-Fight-with-Conor-McGregor-100689

Go look at the guys twitter

https://twitter.com/rdosanjosmma

Multiple posts hyping the fight since the end of last week when he and his team KNEW he wasn't going to be able to fight with a broken foot. Call it fighter bashing all you want but that is total bullshit. Bad enough he pulled out, but to pull something like that shows the character of the man. Typical Brazilian, talks about God, Jesus, Respect, etc but when it comes down to it his actions are that of a scumbag.

Drama queen.

Broke his foot while having a kick checked

tried to continue to train

pulled out due to fracture

what is so hard to understand

Don't get how you can be mad at him, he can't fight with a broken foot. Release your anger on a punching bag instead

the anger stems from training/sparring in a way that could injure you so close to the fight. At this stage most guys are just shadow boxing or doing 50% sparring where you wouldnt even throw a kick hard enough to break anything and would be padded up

Broke his foot while having a kick checked

tried to continue to train

pulled out due to fracture

what is so hard to understand

why is he sparring with no pads this close to fight? why is partner checking kick this close to fight?

He iced it n stayed off it for the weekend but it didn't get any better so he got it checked out by the ufc doctor

the anger stems from training/sparring in a way that could injure you so close to the fight. At this stage most guys are just shadow boxing or doing 50% sparring where you wouldnt even throw a kick hard enough to break anything and would be padded up
I agree you shouldn't train like that, but its a problem with that gym's philosophy, getting mad at Dos Anjos is pointless and makes you look stupid.

Wow, this is ridiculous. An additional week notice would have been huge for the replacement fighter who's going to have to probably come close to killing himself now to make weight for a fight two weeks away.
Nobody's killing themselves to make 170 for that fight

Him and his team didn't know it was broken till this week when a Dr could look at it. They couldn't a Dr on the weekend

Conor fan here, but i don't blame RDA. He broke his foot. The reason for the delay might be that they didn't know if it was broken. Sometimes you don't find out right away, it takes time.

Your post makes too much sense for a Conor fan. This is quite baffling.

"RDA loses all credibility for this"

Well, I am sorry to say this, but you loose all credibility with thread like this.
All that because he got injured and even in that condition he was trying to see if he could fight?
Please, do us all a favor...

Cain did the same thing, and so do plenty of other fighters. Some end up healing well enough, others find out they have more serious issues than expected and have to pull out. As much as we hate this as fans, it's actually that ol' fighter spirit, thinking/hoping things can clear up in time. They do need to immediately check themselves out, but...

Back