RDA loses all credibility for this

RDA: "Jesus first!"

Jesus: "lol you last, no fight 4 u."

I kind a get it but it was wrong to lead us on especially those of us who knew he was gonna bring Conor into grinding misery. I think Rafael knew the media would be all over the newz and the naysayers will be doing what they doing now. He was probably hoping to will his leg better.

Just ban idiot ts who knows nothing about life. Grow up kiddo

RDA was talking shit the whole time leading up to March 5th. Every day there would be a new article with RDA calling Conor a clown or saying he was going to make him quit or break like a girl etc.

Then he pulls out 11 days before the fight...

Not a good look.

Talk shit get banged?

Very disappointed this fight isn't happening but...

RDA hasn't lost any credibility in my eyes, it's an unfortunate thing but obviously his team are going to (continue) hyping a major PPV before they've made a final decision on the injury.
Have lost some respect for Aldo. If he's not going to back up his trash talk then just be quiet.
Am more appreciative that we have guys like McGregor

Dude you know how long an x ray takes? I've broken my ribs in BJJ and knew about it two hours later, this guy is a professional athlete and still keeps hyping a fight 3 days after he knew his foot was broken? The least he could've done was to keep quiet on all fronts.

...fucking LOL

Were you also injured as you were about to headline one of the biggest events in UFC history? Stop playing dumb. You are trolling for hits, simple as that.

Wow, this is ridiculous. An additional week notice would have been huge for the replacement fighter who's going to have to probably come close to killing himself now to make weight for a fight two weeks away.

Calm down, there, hefe! It's a big decision, I don't blame him and his team for taking some time with the doctors to figure out how bad the injury was and whether or not he'd be able to fight through it. In the meantime, it just makes sense to keep promoting the fight. I don't remember anybody ever saying "hey everybody, I got injured, it'll take me a few days to figure out whether or not I can still compete". If nothing else, it's not good to let your opponent know that you have an injury.

Nope I'm not just talking about getting injured, we all know Kings MMA and Nova Uniao both train like fools and spar hard 2 weeks before title fights, but hey injuries happen...No, what I'm talking about is flat out lying for 2/3 days that he was injured. According to Sherdog article he broke his foot late last week.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ra...t-of-UFC-196-Fight-with-Conor-McGregor-100689

Go look at the guys twitter

https://twitter.com/rdosanjosmma

Multiple posts hyping the fight since the end of last week when he and his team KNEW he wasn't going to be able to fight with a broken foot. Call it fighter bashing all you want but that is total bullshit. Bad enough he pulled out, but to pull something like that shows the character of the man. Typical Brazilian, talks about God, Jesus, Respect, etc but when it comes down to it his actions are that of a scumbag.
Or he wanted to give it a few days to see if he felt he could work through it???

You guys acting all butthurt about this sound ridiculous.

I'm not butthurt, FFS Sherdoggers and their buzz words.

Anyone who has broken a bone knows that you know STRAIGHT away it has happened, the pain is something else. The hospitals and x rays are just a formality but again, this can be done in an hour or two, especially for a pro athlete. Once it is confirmed, NO doctor in the world will clear you to fight 2 weeks later.

When you keep quiet about it for a few days longer than you need to it's basically you being an asshole and trying to fuck up the card. It gives any replacement a half week less to get into shape/start cutting for a fight which at that stage is crucial. I'm guessing that RDA wanted the card called off most likely...So yes, he totally loses all credibility for this. Not quite as bad as Hendo, but a real low move from someone who constantly talks about Jesus and respect and the rest of it.

And LOL at caring about hits on Sherdog. Don't judge me by your loser standards dude.

I'm not butthurt, FFS Sherdoggers and their buzz words.

Anyone who has broken a bone knows that you know STRAIGHT away it has happened, the pain is something else. The hospitals and x rays are just a formality but again, this can be done in an hour or two, especially for a pro athlete. Once it is confirmed, NO doctor in the world will clear you to fight 2 weeks later.

When you keep quiet about it for a few days longer than you need to it's basically you being an asshole and trying to fuck up the card. It gives any replacement a half week less to get into shape/start cutting for a fight which at that stage is crucial. I'm guessing that RDA wanted the card called off most likely...So yes, he totally loses all credibility for this. Not quite as bad as Hendo, but a real low move from someone who constantly talks about Jesus and respect and the rest of it.

And LOL at caring about hits on Sherdog. Don't judge me by your loser standards dude.

That's not always true, particularly in cases of hairline fractures. You could think it's just badly bruised or a sprain (depending on the bodypart) and try to ice/rest it for a day or two before realizing something more serious must be wrong. I would think that could be especially true for a pro fighter who is used to constantly dealing with bumps, bruises, pain, etc.

Note that I have no idea of the severity of RDA's injury, just speaking in general.

That's not always true, particularly in cases of hairline fractures. You could think it's just badly bruised or a sprain (depending on the bodypart) and try to ice/rest it for a day or two before realizing something more serious must be wrong. I would think that could be especially true for a pro fighter who is used to constantly dealing with bumps, bruises, pain, etc.

Note that I have no idea of the severity of RDA's injury, just speaking in general.

According to the translation in this thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...d-by-a-guy-emulating-mcgregors-style.3178809/

He couldn't stand on his foot...And by the sounds of what that article is saying this also happened last Friday and he didn't turn up to training on Saturday and Sunday. His team spoke to the UFC on Monday. If you can't stand on your foot two weeks before a title fight the first thing you do is go get it x-rayed and then you'd find out straight away it was broken and you weren't fighting. Again, all this likely happened on Friday...

i was looking forward to this fight...*sigh*

now its Holm vs Tate

Back