RDA Got Words For McGregor (cliffs)

That was prolly Poirier's idea too but realized that Conor was always out of range for a takedown. We'll see if RDA has the same kind of speed + explosiveness that Mendes has in his takedowns.

possible, maybe rda will want to wall n' stall if the jab n' grab doesnt work

then get an inside leg trip or something and lay n' pray

The part about disagreeing with Alvarez tells me that he may try to stand and bang, and I don't think he has near the accuracy and timing that Conor has.

FWIW, he should listen to Alvarez. You take the fight to your opponent's weakest area - take Conor down and pound on him.

Now I'm fully expecting RDA to just get clipped and we will have a 2 weight champ. Sheesh.

I hear you, and after the aldo fight it's hard not to think like that. That said, RDA whooped pettis ass standing and I doubt anyone expected that after the bendo and melendez fights

WTF is RDA supposed to do? Not say anything? You guys go on and on about how guys need to trash talk to sell the fight, and when he does, you all fall over yourselves about Connor being in his head.
Oh well... We'll see what happens when connor gets in the ring with frankenstien.

Conor isn't in Frankensteins head. He's not even past the bolts yet. Should be a war.

I think RDA is saying he will stand with him and I believe he will but his game plan will be to get the fight to the ground. I believe he will stand with him in the later rounds but he will first take him down and beat him down. It's what I'm hoping he does.

I'm curious how Conor wins this. I would love a tech vid of his movements slipping away from clinch or takedown attempts like we saw for Aldo/ Conor. (That was an amazing thread)

I wonder how hard Conor is studying the Pettis tape, hopefully he takes a lot from that.

Im glad he plans on striking as a Conor fan and a fight fan though.

Ha, wow, big surprise that people tell you they want you to win when you're standing right there in front of them. Your neighbors told you they're rooting for you, how very damning for Conor. I'm sure everyone in Ireland hates the biggest sports star their country has ever produced.

The guy who beats Conor is very good at everything and a superb athlete, somebody like a bigger Demetrius Johnson. Conor brings RDA down quickly and savagely 10 times out of 10 in my opinion.

Conor only has a puncher's chance. He doesn't bring any other danger to RDA.

Dos Anjos will Khabib him for 2-3 rounds -> submission/tko finish

You guys realize RDA ran through Cowboy, Pettis, Nate, and Bendo right? You momo's act like Conor is the greatest striker to ever live. Siver was able to hang with him for a bit and leg kick him 30 times. Mendes landed on him and took him down till he was gassed.

One 13 second fluke knockout and you dummies think nobody in MMA should stand with Conor lol.

RDA is much smarter about MMA than all of you momo's. He isn't gonna stand and bang, nor is he going to shoot un set up takedowns. He's going to fight MMA. He will leg kick Conor, he will stay away from the left hand, and he will set up takedowns when they are there.

I'm not a fan of Conor but I do respect his skills.

That being said, you always take the fight to your opponent's weakness to insure the best chances of winning for yourself, especially in a game where many variables are involved, and everything can be lost by one simple mistake. That's just common sense. It has nothing to do with saying Conor is the GOAT - it's called objectively analyzing what gives one fighter the best chance to win.

I think RDA is saying he will stand with him and I believe he will but his game plan will be to get the fight to the ground. I believe he will stand with him in the later rounds but he will first take him down and beat him down. It's what I'm hoping he does.
RDA knows to watch for the straight left, I assure you. Rafael Cordeiro ain't no fool and he's devised a perfect gameplan to deal with Conor on the feet long enough to get on the inside and render him useless. I think this will include a lot of the GSP vs. BJ Penn gameplan of working to get in close, make Conor carry his weight and wear his arms by building up lactic acid in his muscles. All the while, kneeing Conor's legs to shut his mobility down for the later rounds and also making it easier to score takedowns. Once Conor is on his back, RDA is gonna rip him apart. It won't leave the third round. I see the first round a lot of clinching. Second round more of the same with a takedown and some punishment. Then a TKO finish on the ground in the third. Conor won't be able to deal with the pace, the cardio and the savage punishment that RDA is gonna deliver.

I think RDA allows Conor to get the double underhooks to tire his arms out and continually press him against the cage and knee him constantly to the legs. This isn't gonna be the war people are hoping it will be. The first couple of rounds are gonna be RDA "stalling" (working Conor over in the clinch and tiring him out) and then executing a fast pace barrage of strikes on the ground once he gets it there.

Last edited:
I didn't have a horse in this race, but now I hope Conor wins and afterwards rips up a photo of Jesus and eats some of it.

That's some Francis Dolarhyde level shit right there and I would finally become a fan.

He should be quiet ... I bought the ahit aldo was saying, he is the joker, he is doing all the promotion, i will have last laugh ... I was disappointed ... Rda cant let me down

I'm leaning towards RDA more as the fight nears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back