RDA Got Words For McGregor (cliffs)

The part about disagreeing with Alvarez tells me that he may try to stand and bang, and I don't think he has near the accuracy and timing that Conor has.

FWIW, he should listen to Alvarez. You take the fight to your opponent's weakest area - take Conor down and pound on him.

Now I'm fully expecting RDA to just get clipped and we will have a 2 weight champ. Sheesh.
He decided to take Nate Diaz down when he was about to win via tko low kicks.

He's not going to have a problem with Connor's guard.

RDA tko round 2.

He's a great actor, McGregor. Acted like he iced Aldo in a baker's dozen seconds, and everyone believed him.

All I am getting from this is McGregor actually managed to get in "this guy's" head. He is doing mistake like everybody else before by bringing the emotions into the cage with him.
He's not acting emotional, nothing said here indicates he's emotional about the fight in fact it's exact opposite based on RDAs words....he's just doing press for the fight just like Conor nothing more

He's not acting emotional, nothing said here indicates he's emotional about the fight in fact it's exact opposite based on RDAs words....he's just doing press for the fight just like Conor nothing more

I think he IS emotional. He is putting a lot of pressure on him by saying he will do this for his god, for his wife and kids, for Irish people etc...He will definitely not be cold blooded in the cage as he tries to appear right now. Pressure will get to him.

Notice how RDA didn't call Conor by his name in this interview at all, just called him "this guy." Zero hespect.

- "I'm not taking this personal you know, he's an actor. He's acting. I don't talk, I do. I'm just gonna go there and send this guy back home. Send him back to his division. He's gonna have nightmares with lightweight division for the rest of his life."

- "When I was a kid my parents told me to never argue with crazy people, let them talk, so that's what I did."

- "I'm a cold-headed fighter, I do my job. I know the time will come. March 5th I'm gonna finally put my hand on this guy, and he gonna pay for everything. He say bad things about my God, he say bad things about my wife and my kids. Ofcourse for sure he's crossing the line, but on the octagon is the place when everybody will pay for this, and he gonna pay for it."

- "Even Irish fans, they come to me man and say 'please shut this guy's mouth. This guy's been talking so much.' Maybe 90% of the people that I meet, they say the same thing. I'm gonna do this for me, for my coaches, for my family, for my fans. For my God."

- "The Irish say that this guy is embarrassing his own people. He's making everybody ashamed. I have my neighborhood, the guy who lives next door to me is Irish. His wife is Irish too, they have two kids, they live next door to me. Every time we speak they say 'please beat this guy, he's embarrassing us. He's embarrassing the Irish people.'"

- "It's not the biggest opponent, it's not the toughest opponent, but it's the biggest fight of my career because this guy, the way that he's been talking, he's been getting a lot of attention. But I beat better guys before."

- "Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone, these guys are different level. They're stronger, they're faster, they're taller than this guy. I didn't have a chance to thank Dana White on the press conference, because that guy didn't let me speak. But I want to thank Dana White and Lorenzo for finally giving me an easy fight you know? Finally, I always have tough fights. Finally I have easy fight."

- "This guy is looking to be two weight champion but he's not gonna make history over me."

- "I don't agree with Eddie Alvarez. I think I can beat this guy everywhere. If I fight a jiu jutsu match with him I will beat him. If I fight a karate match with him I will beat him. If I fight a K1 rules with him I will beat him. I can beat him anywhere. I'm gonna break his mind standing, he gonna feel very bad after I hit him hard several time. If I want to I will take him to the ground and smash him a little bit there but i'm not gonna be scared of his stand up because he doesnt bring anything different to me. I'm a better fighter everywhere"

- "He's a good fighter, he's got a good straight left, good counter, so I need to watch it, but not anything I've never seen before. Nate Diaz is a better boxer than him."

- "I'm gonna show him the bad part of the Octagon. He gonna break like a girl."

so stand and bang? uhuhu oh yea baby can't wait XD

Notice how RDA didn't call Conor by his name in this interview at all, just called him "this guy." Zero hespect.

- "I'm not taking this personal you know, he's an actor. He's acting. I don't talk, I do. I'm just gonna go there and send this guy back home. Send him back to his division. He's gonna have nightmares with lightweight division for the rest of his life."

- "When I was a kid my parents told me to never argue with crazy people, let them talk, so that's what I did."

- "I'm a cold-headed fighter, I do my job. I know the time will come. March 5th I'm gonna finally put my hand on this guy, and he gonna pay for everything. He say bad things about my God, he say bad things about my wife and my kids. Ofcourse for sure he's crossing the line, but on the octagon is the place when everybody will pay for this, and he gonna pay for it."

- "Even Irish fans, they come to me man and say 'please shut this guy's mouth. This guy's been talking so much.' Maybe 90% of the people that I meet, they say the same thing. I'm gonna do this for me, for my coaches, for my family, for my fans. For my God."

- "The Irish say that this guy is embarrassing his own people. He's making everybody ashamed. I have my neighborhood, the guy who lives next door to me is Irish. His wife is Irish too, they have two kids, they live next door to me. Every time we speak they say 'please beat this guy, he's embarrassing us. He's embarrassing the Irish people.'"

- "It's not the biggest opponent, it's not the toughest opponent, but it's the biggest fight of my career because this guy, the way that he's been talking, he's been getting a lot of attention. But I beat better guys before."

- "Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone, these guys are different level. They're stronger, they're faster, they're taller than this guy. I didn't have a chance to thank Dana White on the press conference, because that guy didn't let me speak. But I want to thank Dana White and Lorenzo for finally giving me an easy fight you know? Finally, I always have tough fights. Finally I have easy fight."

- "This guy is looking to be two weight champion but he's not gonna make history over me."

- "I don't agree with Eddie Alvarez. I think I can beat this guy everywhere. If I fight a jiu jutsu match with him I will beat him. If I fight a karate match with him I will beat him. If I fight a K1 rules with him I will beat him. I can beat him anywhere. I'm gonna break his mind standing, he gonna feel very bad after I hit him hard several time. If I want to I will take him to the ground and smash him a little bit there but i'm not gonna be scared of his stand up because he doesnt bring anything different to me. I'm a better fighter everywhere"

- "He's a good fighter, he's got a good straight left, good counter, so I need to watch it, but not anything I've never seen before. Nate Diaz is a better boxer than him."

- "I'm gonna show him the bad part of the Octagon. He gonna break like a girl."

I have yet to hear any fighter alive that doesn't think they are going to win. Of course he thinks he's a better fighter and he's going to win. But the fact is, he's not going to win. he's never faced anyone that hits like conor. Not even close. He's going to crack him harder than jeremy stephens ever could. rda is a sloppy version of aldo. a slower version and a more aggressive version. all that spells trouble for rda. Being aggressive against conor is suicide.

Or RDA is very aware and is bluffing. And shoots right after the overhand left.

I think he IS emotional. He is putting a lot of pressure on him by saying he will do this for his god, for his wife and kids, for Irish people etc...He will definitely not be cold blooded in the cage as he tries to appear right now. Pressure will get to him.
Lmao, Conor said he would do it for Brazilian people first. So this response by RDA is actually perfect and a lot better becuase hes using his real life example of his irish nieghbors instead of Conors made up shit (viva Brazillia!) And Conor has proclaimed before fights that he fights for the people of ireland yet you would never clain thats too much pressure for Conor....so whats wrong with RDA fighting for God? and why would fighting for his family and in the name of God be to much pressure for a fucking Warrior.

He says he expected the talk and it doesn't bother him as he will make Conor pay in the octagon for everything,becuase everyone pays in the octagon. It's a good retort to Conors trash talk. You're way off base With your analysis.anything RDA would have said would have led you to your conclusions

Ah man, he's in RDA's head already lol

Head clean off!

Do you people really think he would say "You know what? Alvarez nailed it! My game plan will be the following: get him to the cage and wrestlefuck him the first couple of rounds and after that, wrestlefuck him some more. Oh and Eddie's got a point too, my stand up is nowhere near Conor's level...thanks Eddie."

If someone asked Demian Maia if he could stand with Wonderboy ahead of a match...he'd say yes. If someone asked Conor if he could wrestle and submit Khabib, he'd say yes.

Any fighter with a shred of sanity would say what RDA said.

Lmao, Conor said he would do it for Brazilian people first. So this response by RDA is actually perfect and a lot better becuase hes using his real life example of his irish nieghbors instead of Conors made up shit (viva Brazillia!) And Conor has proclaimed before fights that he fights for the people of ireland yet you would never clain thats too much pressure for Conor....so whats wrong with RDA fighting for God? and why would fighting for his family and in the name of God be to much pressure for a fucking Warrior.

He says he expected the talk and it doesn't bother him as he will make Conor pay in the octagon for everything,becuase everyone pays in the octagon. It's a good retort to Conors trash talk. You're way off base With your analysis.anything RDA would have said would have led you to your conclusions

My man, I think you are getting emotional here too, for no reason. RDA is an excellent fighter, all I am saying, it appears to me that Conor has made him emotional like everybody else before. But it is fine if you disagree.

The part about not agreeing with Eddie Alvarez concerns me.

I think Eddie is right.

You guys realize RDA ran through Cowboy, Pettis, Nate, and Bendo right? You momo's act like Conor is the greatest striker to ever live. Siver was able to hang with him for a bit and leg kick him 30 times. Mendes landed on him and took him down till he was gassed.

One 13 second fluke knockout and you dummies think nobody in MMA should stand with Conor lol.

RDA is much smarter about MMA than all of you momo's. He isn't gonna stand and bang, nor is he going to shoot un set up takedowns. He's going to fight MMA. He will leg kick Conor, he will stay away from the left hand, and he will set up takedowns when they are there.

-Werdum showed a pic puting his hand on Mcgregor's ass.
-Dos Anjos says “He gonna break like a girl."

its kinda homoerotic

My man, I think you are getting emotional here too, for no reason. RDA is an excellent fighter, all I am saying, it appears to me that Conor has made him emotional like everybody else before. But it is fine if you disagree.
Not emotional,just letting you know everything you said was wrong. Who knows what's going through either fighters mind but assuming that based off this interview is reaching man. He's just responding man, doing his job for promotion.

I think Eddie is right.

The part about disagreeing with Alvarez tells me that he may try to stand and bang, and I don't think he has near the accuracy and timing that Conor has.

FWIW, he should listen to Alvarez. You take the fight to your opponent's weakest area - take Conor down and pound on him.

Now I'm fully expecting RDA to just get clipped and we will have a 2 weight champ. Sheesh.

proly just saying that as a tactic, and is planning on going full mma and not just striking

-Werdum showed a pic puting his hand on Mcgregor's ass.
-Dos Anjos says “He gonna break like a girl."

its kinda homoerotic

i like it. hopefully rockhold will get in on it

I think Eddie is right.

Exactly. When I heard his answer to this question I was like "I can see how this is driving Eddie even more mad again"

These guys are too proud. Conor gets in their head and they follow. They feel they HAVE to prove they can strike with him. But he only needs one clean shot. It's an unwise plan.....

Eddie was right and RDA is playing right into Conor's hands.

CONSPIRACY IDEA: RDA is actually planning to only wrestle and he's getting in Conor's head, making CMG think he's got RDA ready to strike.

Probably not the conspiracy idea in real life, though....

proly just saying that as a tactic, and is planning on going full mma and not just striking

That was prolly Poirier's idea too but realized that Conor was always out of range for a takedown. We'll see if RDA has the same kind of speed + explosiveness that Mendes has in his takedowns.

Back