RDA Got Words For McGregor (cliffs)

DaffodilMcWoozy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Notice how RDA didn't call Conor by his name in this interview at all, just called him "this guy." Zero hespect.

- "I'm not taking this personal you know, he's an actor. He's acting. I don't talk, I do. I'm just gonna go there and send this guy back home. Send him back to his division. He's gonna have nightmares with lightweight division for the rest of his life."

- "When I was a kid my parents told me to never argue with crazy people, let them talk, so that's what I did."

- "I'm a cold-headed fighter, I do my job. I know the time will come. March 5th I'm gonna finally put my hand on this guy, and he gonna pay for everything. He say bad things about my God, he say bad things about my wife and my kids. Ofcourse for sure he's crossing the line, but on the octagon is the place when everybody will pay for this, and he gonna pay for it."

- "Even Irish fans, they come to me man and say 'please shut this guy's mouth. This guy's been talking so much.' Maybe 90% of the people that I meet, they say the same thing. I'm gonna do this for me, for my coaches, for my family, for my fans. For my God."

- "The Irish say that this guy is embarrassing his own people. He's making everybody ashamed. I have my neighborhood, the guy who lives next door to me is Irish. His wife is Irish too, they have two kids, they live next door to me. Every time we speak they say 'please beat this guy, he's embarrassing us. He's embarrassing the Irish people.'"

- "It's not the biggest opponent, it's not the toughest opponent, but it's the biggest fight of my career because this guy, the way that he's been talking, he's been getting a lot of attention. But I beat better guys before."

- "Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone, these guys are different level. They're stronger, they're faster, they're taller than this guy. I didn't have a chance to thank Dana White on the press conference, because that guy didn't let me speak. But I want to thank Dana White and Lorenzo for finally giving me an easy fight you know? Finally, I always have tough fights. Finally I have easy fight."

- "This guy is looking to be two weight champion but he's not gonna make history over me."

- "I don't agree with Eddie Alvarez. I think I can beat this guy everywhere. If I fight a jiu jutsu match with him I will beat him. If I fight a karate match with him I will beat him. If I fight a K1 rules with him I will beat him. I can beat him anywhere. I'm gonna break his mind standing, he gonna feel very bad after I hit him hard several time. If I want to I will take him to the ground and smash him a little bit there but i'm not gonna be scared of his stand up because he doesnt bring anything different to me. I'm a better fighter everywhere"

- "He's a good fighter, he's got a good straight left, good counter, so I need to watch it, but not anything I've never seen before. Nate Diaz is a better boxer than him."

- "I'm gonna show him the bad part of the Octagon. He gonna break like a girl."

The part about not agreeing with Eddie Alvarez concerns me.

I think Eddie is right.

The part about disagreeing with Alvarez tells me that he may try to stand and bang, and I don't think he has near the accuracy and timing that Conor has.

FWIW, he should listen to Alvarez. You take the fight to your opponent's weakest area - take Conor down and pound on him.

Now I'm fully expecting RDA to just get clipped and we will have a 2 weight champ. Sheesh.

Rda will win by tko imo, but I hope he is taking Connor seriously as he did with Pettis, Bendo and Cerrone. That guy can turn your lights out at any time.

All I am getting from this is McGregor actually managed to get in "this guy's" head. He is doing mistake like everybody else before by bringing the emotions into the cage with him.

He's obviously going to mix it up as he always does. But good luck to him if he thinkis he'll be able to hold Conor down for 5 rounds.

RDA is a mentally tough, focused individual who isn't going to fall for Conor's lame trash talk.

RDA by late TKO in the third round.

I think RDA is saying he will stand with him and I believe he will but his game plan will be to get the fight to the ground. I believe he will stand with him in the later rounds but he will first take him down and beat him down. It's what I'm hoping he does.

RDA is a mentally tough, focused individual who isn't going to fall for Conor's lame trash talk.

RDA by late TKO in the third round.
Just as long as he doesn't get caught early hanging his chin out.

RDA IS Frankenstein you can't get in Frankenstein's head lol, but yea RDA wins by TKO R3

Sometimes people get fired up and hubris gets in the way, but hearing RDA claim he can beat McGregor standing makes it seem like he doesn't have the ability to critically analyze his opponents strengths and weaknesses. Obviously he is the Lightweight Champion so claiming he lacks any self awareness as a fighter doesn't make any sense, but given how McGregor likes to "get inside" his opponents head through insults and braggadocio I have to wonder if it is effecting RDA to some extent.

RDA can say whatever he wants but at the end of the day they all fall when they face Conor.

All I got from this was that RDA is a gringo who lives next to some plastic paddys

He's obviously going to mix it up as he always does. But good luck to him if he thinkis he'll be able to hold Conor down for 5 rounds.
I know Rda can go beast mode for 5 rounds. Idk if Connor can. Imo the longer the fight lasts the better for Rda.

He shouldn't have disagreed with Alvarez, it's too late now, the fight is over

Pettis is no Conor

RDA will have to do something different if he wants to win, Alvarez knows as much about beating Conor as I do.

I know Rda can go beast mode for 5 rounds. Idk if Connor can. Imo the longer the fight lasts the better for Rda.

Well, with all due respect, Conor isn't Pettis. Conor is well conditioned as well and more importantly doesn't panic in bad spots. We'll see.

RDA IS Frankenstein you can't get in Frankenstein's head lol, but yea RDA wins by TKO R3
He's Frankenstein's monster, not the doc himself. Sorry - pet peeve.

Back