Razor vs Electric Shaver

Yeah that works pretty well. I try to get into the barber once every week for a beard line up and every three weeks for a full cut and line up. I got this Colombian chick as a barber who does an amazing job with my hair and beard so I let her do it. I just use my straight edge to clean the cheeks and neck line because my shit grows super fast otherwise.
I get to the barber every 3weeks. But they want $25 extra to shape and shave around the beard... way too much imo. I'm already paying $30 plus tip for the hair cut. I just do the beard myself. The place is less than 15min away from my house. That's less than 30min round trip plus the 45min it takes for the hair cut.

I used to to to a place that charges $20 plus tip for the haircut with beard trim included, but it's 45 min away, plus the 45min cut and another 45 to get home. Way to much time... 1st world problems and all that.

I've seen a few vids on YouTube where the barber uses wax for the hair on the upper cheek and neck lines... apparently it lasts weeks, but i haven't found a barbershop that does that around here.

I get to the barber every 3weeks. But they want $25 extra to shape and shave around the beard... way too much imo. I'm already paying $30 plus tip for the hair cut. I just do the beard myself. The place is less than 15min away from my house. That's less than 30min round trip plus the 45min it takes for the hair cut.

I used to to to a place that charges $20 plus tip for the haircut with beard trim included, but it's 45 min away, plus the 45min cut and another 45 to get home. Way to much time... 1st world problems and all that.

I've seen a few vids on YouTube where the barber uses wax for the hair on the upper cheek and neck lines... apparently it lasts weeks, but i haven't found a barbershop that does that around here.

Shit that's pricey even for major cities. I'm paying $35 for a complete cut and shave and only $10 for a lineup and touch up for their haircuts. Plus they are only 5 minutes from my house so it makes sense. I'm not driving 45 minutes both ways or paying $25 for a lineup

There are advantages and disadvantages to both the regular shaver and the electric one. I can't even choose which is better. On the one hand an electric razor is quite expensive. And on a permanent basis, I unfortunately can not buy it. But on the other hand it removes hair more effectively than this a regular razor. What I don't like about a regular razor is that it gets hairy really fast and I need to change it often. For my own hygiene. So there is a controversial opinion.

Last edited:
Electric. All day, every day. I dry shave.

For everyday use an electrc shaver.

When I need to dress up for something special and look nice, I use the razor for a cleaner shave.

Electric razor:

882083.jpg

Straight-edged and safety razors are skill-dependent. Modern razors are so good and easy to use. The only reason to go back to the old ones is nostalgia. Electric shavers never give as close of a shave. Unfortunately, the non-exciting modern plastic-handled 5 blade razor with the lubricating strip is the fastest, easiest, and gives the best results

I use a Wahl Aqua electric trimmer.
I can shave my face and head in the shower.
Really convenient and everything washes down drain.
Fucking blade spring broke the other day and when I went to cut hair before work was just pulling hair.
Had to bust out my Braun foil shaver and finish the job lol

Close shave = ingrown hairs for me
Sucks
Electric trimmers that leave a slight stubble seem to work best for avoiding them

I use the Remington Short Cut Pro for my head & face twice a week.
c870x524.jpg

Then if I want a really close, clean shave for some reason I use a Harry's.
c3be31be-5e44-43ff-b46c-0d7b5a246954.34ced6fddc26fef29d751e1245ca1972.jpeg

Then I finish with some sandalwood shave balm.
71baGHbVo5L._AC_SS450_.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-8_5-8-22.png
    upload_2021-10-8_5-8-22.png
    848.4 KB · Views: 1
i am a low t beta and cant grow facial hair of any substance so i do like Mac from Predator and just use a bic razor at almost all times

High end electric razor is cheaper when all is said and done when you factor in how long it last and how much time you save.

High end electric razor is cheaper when all is said and done when you factor in how long it last and how much time you save.

Agreed. After going through many cheap electrics, have been using a Braun Series 7 since 2015 and it rocks. Mows through 4 days of stubble like nothing. Before that used a 5-blade Gillette Fusion (closest shave hands down) but still needed to use an electric or a thinner razor to get a clean shave right under my nose. Series 7 knocks it all out with no hassle.

71IZM7UI7WL._SL1500_.jpg

Straight razor and use it on your balls too don’t be a pussy.
Be careful down there though or you’ll wind up with a pussy

Electric. I buzz my head once weekly and my face twice weekly. Shaving is a pussy's endeavor, rubbing creams and lotions on your face like a silky cocksucker.

"silly cocksucker" ??
<JerryWWF>

imo “silky cocksucker” is a great insult

Back