Raw 800 squat

That was awesome. He was straining to lock it out for a couple seconds but he got it. Nice lift for sure.

"Unsuited" would mean a suit wasn't involved. Raw would additionally mean no knee wraps. The reason being, knee wraps add kilos to the lift.

Incorrect.

Geared = Suits, briefs, knee wraps, etc.

Raw = Belt, knee sleeves, wrsit wraps.

Raw (with knee wraps) = Raw (with knee wraps).

Raw powerlifting records are kept for lifts done with and without wraps, it's just noted as such.

I did a 800 lbs squat once, when I was 21 years old and trying to make it to a NFL training camp. My training partner bet me I couldn't do it. I did, and felt it for about a month. I did 650lbs as a sophmore in HS, and never tried going that heavy until then. It helped that I was 320 lbs at the time of the squat, didn't help that I'm 6'3" and that much weight can cause you to get into bad posture.

I'm sure you did and I'm sure if you had 800 lbs on your back, you "squatted" it to depth.

and what the fuck would a spotter be able to do if he missed it? you are not helping a guy up with fuckign 800 lbs. dip shit.

Spotters routinely catch squats of 800+ every weekend at powerlifting gyms. I've been a spotter on several 900+ missed squats. You just need good spotters.

Also, please read the forum rules. No flaming is allowed.

I did a 800 lbs squat once, when I was 21 years old and trying to make it to a NFL training camp. My training partner bet me I couldn't do it. I did, and felt it for about a month. I did 650lbs as a sophmore in HS, and never tried going that heavy until then. It helped that I was 320 lbs at the time of the squat, didn't help that I'm 6'3" and that much weight can cause you to get into bad posture.

Out of the very few people on earth who have full squatted 800 lbs, one happens to be a sherdog member who happened to just read this thread.

.........riiiiiight.

I'm sure you did and I'm sure if you had 800 lbs on your back, you "squatted" it to depth.

Ahhh you got me it was actually about 805 but whos counting, and it was done with a thigh beeper and it beeped my thighs broke level so it was to depth. Was it a "jail house" squat where my ass slapped the ground? No. I'm 27 and have disk degeneration due to all that heavy squatting also.

I did it, would i ever try or build up to weight like that again? Hell no, nor would i recomend it to anyone unless they were heavy into competitive power lifting.

Ahhh you got me it was actually about 805 but whos counting, and it was done with a thigh beeper and it beeped my thighs broke level so it was to depth. Was it a "jail house" squat where my ass slapped the ground? No. I'm 27 and have disk degeneration due to all that heavy squatting also.

I did it, would i ever try or build up to weight like that again? Hell no, nor would i recomend it to anyone unless they were heavy into competitive power lifting.

Actually if you don't get to parallel is too much weight for you to have on your back. I do believe that your young, strong +300 LBS body on roids that was exposed to heavy weights since high school was capable of having 800 lbs on its back. And I do think you did go down a few inches. But I bet 0.1 of a penny (what internet wild claims asually are worth) that you didn't get to parallel.

Actually if you don't get to parallel is too much weight for you to have on your back. I do believe that your young, strong +300 LBS body on roids that was exposed to heavy weights since high school was capable of having 800 lbs on its back. And I do think you did go down a few inches. But I bet 0.1 of a penny (what internet wild claims asually are worth) that you didn't get to parallel.

Well then it is what it is. I will say i had about 3 puss pads stacked up and a towel wrapped over them for it, and no roids, i just have big ass legs. - didn't make it toa training camp mostly due to completly sucking at bench (80" reach) it was nice to be considered though.

Now let me tell you about time i got polar bear in a arm bar....

Well then it is what it is. I will say i had about 3 puss pads stacked up and a towel wrapped over them for it, and no roids, i just have big ass legs. - didn't make it toa training camp mostly due to completly sucking at bench (80" reach) it was nice to be considered though.

Now let me tell you about time i got polar bear in a arm bar....

If you're really as strong as you claim to be, then we'd all be really interested in your training experience and input. Make yourself at home.

Incorrect.

Geared = Suits, briefs, knee wraps, etc.

Raw = Belt, knee sleeves, wrsit wraps.

Raw (with knee wraps) = Raw (with knee wraps).

Raw powerlifting records are kept for lifts done with and without wraps, it's just noted as such.

OK so you agree that a squat with knee wraps on isn't raw, and needs an addendum "with knee wraps" added. Just like I'm a vegetarian (except I also eat meat). Very logical.

This is a stupid non-debate. A squat with knee wraps isn't raw, we all know it. I'm done posting in this thread.

If you're really as strong as you claim to be, then we'd all be really interested in your training experience and input. Make yourself at home.

I highly doubt that a guy that was just asking about a miracle supplement to lose bellyfat squatted 800 lbs.

I highly doubt that a guy that was just asking about a miracle supplement to lose bellyfat squatted 800 lbs.

Seems like an honest guy to me.

I'm 6'3" 296lbs, and its getting to me because no matter what I do it won't go away. I run 3-6 miles a day, eat right, lift. The only thing I can think of is I skip breakfast alot due to work, but i eat around 4-5 meals a day. I Stay away from the junk, eat a lot of lean meats, only take in minimal carbs per day. I've worked with trainers to set up diet & exercise plans, and in over a year I've only lost 5 pounds! I'm clueless as too what will help me lean down, I want to get down around 265 so if I'm scheduled for a fight I dont have to kill myself to loose 30 pounds. My wife tells me its all belly fat and I can't possible loose weight anywhere else, is there any miracle suppliments that attack belly fat? I'm 27, been involved in martial arts all my life and was hoping to have my first MMA fight this year. Any thoughts, advice, scoldings, are welcome.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/tried-everything-need-cut-1355089/#post43386013

Alright, I was a heavyweight in High school and would have to cut weight almost every week to make it to 215. And I was about as lean as I could be at 215. This is not the Healthiest* thing to do, but if you need to lose 15-20 pounds it will work(worked for me).

1. Dehydrate, take in the minimal until after you weigh ins. Get in the sauna with a sweat-suit, garbage bag, whatever to make you sweat. Take 15-20 minute sessions, make sure you take a few sips of water between sessions and if you start having a upset stomach, feel dizzy, stop.
2. Body De-tox, Don't know if you can still get it at GNC. It makes you crap, like HOLY CRAP! you have a few pounds of just sludge sitting in your intestine, this will clean you out if you can get it. Its kinda like getting an enima. Just, make sure you don't have anything strenuous planned and !!DO NOT!! gamble on a fart :D
3. Eat very sparringly, multiple times a day. Take in High protein foots, and dietary fiber (meats/nuts/veggies) and really slim the meals down, split like 1000 calories between 4-5 meals. It sucks and you feel hungry, especially since your not drinking your normal ammount of fluids.

**AFTER WEIGH INS**
when you make weight, immediatly after if you don't have a match scheduled right away, take in some carbs & protein, sodium, and WATER. Try to force hydrate if you can till your pee is clear then stop for a while to let your body absorb that H2O. You will not be feeling 100% for the fight but you will get to fight..

again its not the best for you but if you need to drop a quick 15-20 pounds it has worked for me. And i had minimal body fat when I used to do this.

Goodluck!

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/please-help-my-weight-cut-very-worried-1356865/#post43432143

He's wearing the same shoes as me. So I guess I'll be squatting 800 any day now.

OK so you agree that a squat with knee wraps on isn't raw, and needs an addendum "with knee wraps" added. Just like I'm a vegetarian (except I also eat meat). Very logical.

This is a stupid non-debate. A squat with knee wraps isn't raw, we all know it. I'm done posting in this thread.

Just as many federations consider knee wraps raw as those that don't... so what is your argument?

I'm guessing more likely that he loaded up a leg press machine for 800 lbs and did a quarter rep.

But, who knows, there's a (very) small chance that he might be serious.

I'm guessing more likely that he loaded up a leg press machine for 800 lbs and did a quarter rep.

But, who knows, there's a (very) small chance that he might be serious.

Lol why do people even come onto sherdog just to lie.

Who thinks that if the NFL didnt exist we would see a lot more like this?

Who thinks that if the NFL didnt exist we would see a lot more like this?

I dont, the only reason i worked squats hard is because its a standard test of strength for football. It was always much easier for me to do cleans and dead lifts due to my long arms. Now im only 27 and have to go to a chiropractor 2 times a month a month due to lower back pain. i blame it no so much the deads & cleans, but on working heavy on squats from age 13 to 22

Back