Rate this dudes pad work...

1. Needs a heavier bag
2. Needs to be taught footwork
3. Wear boxing gloves when hitting the bag

Those are the three main things. Nearly everything else needs alot of work but you would need to get the footwork down first.

Also that's bagwork not padwork.

Now, "I could be wrong" and was tempted to let this thread run, so that people could trash the short video and pick it apart piece by piece, but, isn't that Frank Lee. Frank Lee as in the person Black Belt Magazine crowned the "Father of Kickboxing in North America." The martial artist, trainer, and promoter with forty years experience who has trained successful fighters who have fought all over the world including North America, Europe, Hong Kong, and Rajadamnern and Lumpinee stadiums in Thailand.

And, aren't these some of his fighters?

Ps. If I am right, and that is who I think it is, he could switch up those Ring to Cage MMA Gloves for some Super Bag Gloves, but I think that I will leave that up to him.

:icon_chee

Last edited:
Haha I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to notice he isn't a newbie. That's actually Billy Chow, who used to be a world champion kickboxer and has played many roles in movies (notably the fight scene with Jet Li). He's over 50 and still going at it. But that is indeed Frank Lee's gym that the video is shot at.

Haha I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to notice he isn't a newbie. That's actually Billy Chow, who used to be a world champion kickboxer and has played many roles in movies (notably the fight scene with Jet Li). He's over 50 and still going at it. But that is indeed Frank Lee's gym that the video is shot at.

Close, but no cigar for me today. Something told me he was not a beginner, that's for sure. I probably should have let the thread run longer, it would have been interesting for sure.

:icon_chee

You mean this Billy Chow?!

Here's one of my favorite movies that he's in...

Follow the video back to YouTube and look at some of his fighters. Base your opinion off that.

Why is his technique so awful then?

He's just working out on a heavy bag. I personally don't do everything 100% on any given day; and if I'm working the bag...sometimes I'm just working the bag.

But if you look at his kicks on the bag vid and then some of the movie clips...you'll see they are done the same. Sometimes the environment changes the perception.

He has kind of an awkward style, but those kicks are definitely hard.

Fist of Legend is one of my all time favorite movies.

man what i would do to have a heavybag that moved like that

I didn't like his kicks though. Kicks straight up.

Is there any videos of him actually fighting they all seem to be from movies.

Is there any videos of him actually fighting they all seem to be from movies.

Yes he can fight, he was a champion of WKA or something not really too knowledgeable on my kick boxing organisations and he also fought and lost to Benny Urquidez.

I have a DVD of one of the movies he is in where it includes an exhibition fight against a thai fighter that he won, the latest fight of his at that point.

Last edited:
It's okay looks like he staying extremely basic on a soft bag for the cameras. He's holding a lot back. Just basic bag work.

I don't know man, he looks really shit. Even when I'm just fooling around on the bag, the technique is perhaps emphasised even further because I don't care about the power and just work on movement.

Either you guys are easily impressed, taking the piss, or the dude is just fucking around. But if he truly was a kickboxing champ then credit/kudos to him.

Yeah I agree with the guy above, I know you all need to act impressed now you've found out who he is but his technique is bad. Kicks are bad, footwork is nonexistant, boxing is poor. He doesn't even step properly or keep his hands up.

Also there doesn't seem to be any fights of his on the internet besides movie fights.

Back