Rate this dudes pad work...

Seeing him hit the pad at fifty certain doesn't do the twenty-one year old version of him any justice.

Oh, Hey, Hey, Hey, now! Watch where you're going with that "fifty" thing. I just turned the "Big 50" this summer, and I can still run circles around most forty-eight and a half year olds. :icon_lol:

Not only that, I am much wiser than I was at twenty-one. :wink:

Ps. Are you still in Thailand?

:icon_chee

Oh, Hey, Hey, Hey, now! Watch where you're going with that "fifty" thing. I just turned the "Big 50" this summer, and I can still run circles around most forty-eight and a half year olds. :icon_lol:

Not only that, I am much wiser than I was at twenty-one. :wink:

Ps. Are you still in Thailand?

No shit? Congrats, man. I have all the respect in the world for someone still training their ass off at that age. I'm 32 now, and honestly I have no idea how much longer I've got in me. My body does not appreciate the hard work.

I am still in Thailand at the moment. I have about two weeks left.

No shit? Congrats, man. I have all the respect in the world for someone still training their ass off at that age. I'm 32 now, and honestly I have no idea how much longer I've got in me. My body does not appreciate the hard work.

I am still in Thailand at the moment. I have about two weeks left.

Thanks man. :icon_lol: Enjoy the remainder of your trip!

i've trained at that gym, frank lee is a cool dude!

People are going to say hes shit because he punches low on the bag. So does Pacman what a loser. The bag is denser there. He doesn't have the best punches but mabye thats his style, most Thai Fighters have average punches anyway, alot of them litterally spend more time shadow boxing elbows than punches.

As soon as he threw a kick I knew he was good. Good push kicks too.

The guy looks like he knows what he's doing to me. The kicks are hard and fast. The knees are hard. The hands are okay, but the Thais aren't really known for exceptional hands. I don't see anything wrong with the footwork. What is it that you think needs a lot of work?

This.

Wheter you like the form or not those kicks and knees are landing really hard.
Thats a heavy bag, is not that easy to move it.

The hands are solid too, connecting hard and all that... but not so good as the kicks. Uses too much shoulder, too little legs/waist; in combinations, after the first punch, his body goes up too much everytime he punches, sometimes when thrwoing the clossing hook the two feets are in the air. But, again, this is a mistake a lot of pros made too, is not that easy to stay put in the ground when the inertia of punches is lifting you up.

After watching these fight videos, I can guess how he became a champion. He does know basic defense and his reactions are good. In standup, soemtimes you can get away with poor technique, look at James Toney and even Chuck Lidell's non-connventional standup.

Still though, the bag work looks terrible.

James Toney poor technique?
Smh shows what you know.

This.

Wheter you like the form or not those kicks and knees are landing really hard.
Thats a heavy bag, is not that easy to move it.

The hands are solid too, connecting hard and all that... but not so good as the kicks. Uses too much shoulder, too little legs/waist; in combinations, after the first punch, his body goes up too much everytime he punches, sometimes when thrwoing the clossing hook the two feets are in the air. But, again, this is a mistake a lot of pros made too, is not that easy to stay put in the ground when the inertia of punches is lifting you up.

Kind of curious how you know how heavy that bag is.

Kind of curious how you know how heavy that bag is.

Well, thing is i dont know. I didnt explain myself correctly, (english not my first tongue). I wasnt saying how heavy is it, in fact, looking at how he moves it with the hands it prolly is a "medium" heavy one (not the extremely solid big ones) and with a lot of swinging (hanging from a long rope). What i was trying to say is that to move that kind of "heavy bags" with kicks the way that dude does is quite difficult, you gotta kick pretty hard - even if its not a solid "heavy" one.

I'm not one to comment on bag work much but I like his kness and his 2-1-1 punch combo a lot.

His tech isnt horrible or bad even but its very typical of an early MA/TMAist.
Not many combos , his right kick is karate-like (not KK), his defence is ok to low (most KB guys from that time are) his hands are average to basic.
His footworks fine but i'd have no problem boxing him......of course he is 50 so...

btw doesnt mean his fighters would suck. As long as he has his fight exp. and knowledge to pass , they'll be fine.
Technique changes over time . Even if he cant do them , he can still teach them.

can't edit? ^^^^ maybe cos the double yellows

anyways what i meant to write was that there are uppercut bags but they look different

Who cares if his technique on the bag is shitty? If he knows how to fight and was able to use his skills to be a champion thats all that matters.

Who cares if his technique on the bag is shitty? If he knows how to fight and was able to use his skills to be a champion thats all that matters.

Well, seeing as how the subject of this thread is "Rate this dudes pad work...", I suppose the most obvious answer to your question is "the person who started this thread".

cmon_son.jpg

After watching these fight videos, I can guess how he became a champion. He does know basic defense and his reactions are good. In standup, soemtimes you can get away with poor technique, look at James Toney and even Chuck Lidell's non-connventional standup. Still though, the bag work looks terrible.

you lost all credibility on that one there kiddo.

"you can get away with poor technique if your reactions are good "? :icon_lol:

JToney is fucking revered in the boxing world for his superb technique. If it wasnt for that , the short fat man who never does cardio would've been over a long time ago. Reactions ? Hes no Roy Jones. What you call reactions is actually knowledge. Knowledge that tells him how you're gonna react and what to counter with. Reactions is what Ali or Roy Jones had.

and theres nothing "un-conventional" about JT's boxing. Its a Philly-Shell. Been around for almost a hundred years.
Yeah you dont see it that much but thats like saying a Southpaw's something crazy you've never seen.
You've ever been to a Golden Gloves or a real boxing gym ? You'll see quite a few then.
Hell, even a peek-a-boo style is more uncommon than that.

Lol at your stupid "White belt" comment too.
Like what an online forum rates you on how many postes you've had has something to do with what you know......in that case STFU you yellow belted noob. Now go clean the Dojo.

In short
douchebag.jpg

Last edited:
you lost all credibility on that one there kiddo.

"you can get away with poor technique if your reactions are good "? :icon_lol:

JToney is fucking revered in the boxing world for his superb technique. If it wasnt for that , the short fat man who never does cardio would've been over a long time ago. Reactions ? Hes no Roy Jones. What you call reactions is actually knowledge. Knowledge that tells him how you're gonna react and what to counter with. Reactions is what Ali or Roy Jones had.

and theres nothing "un-conventional" about JT's boxing. Its a Philly-Shell. Been around for almost a hundred years.
Yeah you dont see it that much but thats like saying a Southpaw's something crazy you've never seen.
You've ever been to a Golden Gloves or a real boxing gym ? You'll see quite a few then.
Hell, even a peek-a-boo style is more uncommon than that.

Lol at your stupid "White belt" comment to.
Like what an online forum rates you on how many postes you've had has something to do with what you know......in that case STFU you yellow belted noob. Now go clean the Dojo.

Philly-shell thanks! I was actually looking up his style on google at the exact moment I was reading this post. I have the window open right now Floyd Mayweather uses that stance too, yes?

Back