Rate The Card: UFC 229 Khabib vs. McGregor (Las Vegas, NV)

I hope they bump o'Malley to the main card
I understand him being the "Prelim Headliner" even though he isn't on the PPV, just the card being marketed "Conor vs. Khabib" is going to get eyes on the prelims. If he's the future star they think he is and he shows up and gets a big KO on a McGregor undercard, he's going to draw a lot of attention and probably be on Main Cards from there on out.

Not a Blockbuster but certainly not a waste 7.5/10 Waterson/Herrig are not main card worthy even for women fighters. F*king table dancers on the main card.... Shameful!

it's pretty good about 8 outta 10.. I'll buy it on ppv.

wmma fights are great i love em, everytime they are on im in my kitchen recharging my snacks, its almost all the time guaranteed 3 rounds so 30 minutes pause every wmma fight is great I can smoke etc.

they should add 1 wmma fight for every big fight card

And that's the thing about it too; most of these people who complain about the events aren't even paying for it anyway. I can understand complaining if being asked to pay for a PPV like UFC 228, but this is leaps and bounds better than that.

My only complaint is that not all PPV's are worth $65.

I have no problem paying for a fight of this magnitude.

Complaining about something you stream for free:

giphy.gif

wmma fights are great i love em, everytime they are on im in my kitchen recharging my snacks, its almost all the time guaranteed 3 rounds so 30 minutes pause every wmma fight is great I can smoke etc.

they should add 1 wmma fight for every big fight card

I was about to call you pussy, but read on... Carry on sir.

Seriously? Man, what more would it take? I don't get it. Not every card is going to be card of the year material. This is an awesome card featuring one of the most dominant MMA fighters in the modern era vs. a polarizing superstar coming off of an extended hiatus. A #1 contender fight on the Co-Main and top 10 ranked fighters in every PPV slot.

MMA fans are a bit entitled in 2018.

Let's ignore the biggest draw in MMA and the 2 fighters who are on 9 and 10 fight win streaks.

Volkan vs Lewis could easily be an underwhelming fight as both have had several mediocre fights in recent years.

OSP vs Reyes is interesting but it's hard to be super hyped for it when you know they are both ok-ish fighters who wouldn't beat the top 3 or top 5 of their division past or present rankings. So it's nothing people are going to go nuts for though they are both fairly entertaining fighters on a regular basis.

Waterson vs Felice could easily be a snoozefest for several different reasons.

Omalley is must see TV.

Sergio could easily just pepper Formiga to an uneventful point fighting decision or Formiga could backpack Pettis for 3 straight rounds.

Most of the other fights aren't anything to get out of your seat about.

It has potential to really suck(outside the main and co main) but it also has a chance to be bananas.

Top heavy card, 8/10 simply bc Conor, Khabib, Ferguson, OMalley, big Pettis all on the same card.

9/10 but if the co-main falls apart it's only 7.5/10, and if both the co-main and the main event fall apart it's only 1/10

It's an ok card. Solid main and co main. Prelims are ok. It is what it is

If what were hoping will happen happens, then 9/10.

Let's ignore the biggest draw in MMA and the 2 fighters who are on 9 and 10 fight win streaks.

Volkan vs Lewis could easily be an underwhelming fight as both have had several mediocre fights in recent years.

OSP vs Reyes is interesting but it's hard to be super hyped for it when you know they are both ok-ish fighters who wouldn't beat the top 3 or top 5 of their division past or present rankings. So it's nothing people are going to go nuts for though they are both fairly entertaining fighters on a regular basis.

Waterson vs Felice could easily be a snoozefest for several different reasons.

Omalley is must see TV.

Sergio could easily just pepper Formiga to an uneventful point fighting decision or Formiga could backpack Pettis for 3 straight rounds.

Most of the other fights aren't anything to get out of your seat about.

It has potential to really suck(outside the main and co main) but it also has a chance to be bananas.

Top heavy card, 8/10 simply bc Conor, Khabib, Ferguson, OMalley, big Pettis all on the same card.
Wholeheartedly disagree.

Volkov/Lewis is a great fight. Lewis has had 1 bad fight and that was due to back issues. The UFC flew him to Germany for extensive treatment and he himself said he hasn't felt this great in a decade. Black Beast has been delivering violent KOs for years and this is with the bad back. Imagine him now. Also now sure where you're getting this about Volkov, dude is another finisher. 23 finishes in 30 wins is a damn good percentage. His last two fights were finishes. He's a great striker. I think this fight will entertain.

OSP vs. Reyes... OSP I can understand the criticism but Reyes is an okay-ish fighter? What are you basing this off of? He's young, undefeated and a powerful LHW and likely the best prospect the division has had in years. All finishes inside of the UFC thus far and is looking to take out his first top 10 opponent. I don't see any okay-ish there. He's a legitimate threat and is taking out ranked competition a mere 10 fights into his career. Your assessment on Reyes seems pretty obscured tbh.

Trash card.. however, I’m just going to go see Conor vs the Russian . Ferguson vs pettis don’t belong in this card .

I understand him being the "Prelim Headliner" even though he isn't on the PPV, just the card being marketed "Conor vs. Khabib" is going to get eyes on the prelims. If he's the future star they think he is and he shows up and gets a big KO on a McGregor undercard, he's going to draw a lot of attention and probably be on Main Cards from there on out.
Sounds right. But for me it sucks. In the Netherlands we can watch the main card for free on Fox. Prelims are not aired.

10/10 Not sure what there is to complain about. You can even start hyping the next LW title fight if ferg wins!

The main makes it 10/10, but for a Conor card, it is kind of low tier. 178? 189,194,202 and 205 were more stacked. They are confident Conor can pull the card now and are using other guys they want to show off on this card, like O'Malley, Reyes and using TFerg as a possible pull out insurance plan and to build interest for the possible next contender match.

I'll give a 8/10.

Good fights. Could have more star power in it to be the official big ass card of the year but it's a solid PPV.

Back