Rate The Card: UFC 229 Khabib vs. McGregor (Las Vegas, NV)

Black beast knows he has step up on Conor PPV main card. I expect him come out guns blazing no back injury

Seriously? Man, what more would it take? I don't get it. Not every card is going to be card of the year material. This is an awesome card featuring one of the most dominant MMA fighters in the modern era vs. a polarizing superstar coming off of an extended hiatus. A #1 contender fight on the Co-Main and top 10 ranked fighters in every PPV slot.

MMA fans are a bit entitled in 2018.
Well yeah, Conor's return after a long lay off, is what is making this a good card. His legion of fans that Actually want to see him fight, and the haters too. Tony/Pettis should be a good scrap, we'll see where Pettis is at this point, and if Tony's back after his injury.
I'm liking Karate hottie vs Felice. Many don't care for Wmma, but good match up. I'll probably be wrong.
Don't know Reyes, too well. Don't care for OSP. Hopefully Lewis puts up a better fight, but goin for Volkov.
I'll be watching Maynard fight. Hope he can pick up a win. My fam is good friends with his.

The main makes it 10/10, but for a Conor card, it is kind of low tier. 178? 189,194,202 and 205 were more stacked. They are confident Conor can pull the card now and are using other guys they want to show off on this card, like O'Malley, Reyes and using TFerg as a possible pull out insurance plan and to build interest for the possible next contender match.
I'll agree. The UFC is banking on Conor pulling numbers, which, and as much I am rooting against him, he will. The card isn't really stacked but the main is selling it.

Its aight.. if you took off Conor/Khabib it would be closer to a FOX card than a PPV, its pretty clear Conor is pulling strings so that he doesn't share PPV revenue with anyone, so no other big names are gonna be on the card outside of Tony who is just there to be a replacement if Conor/Khabib are injured.

PPV Main Card:

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor- LW Title Fight
Tony Ferguson vs. Anthony Pettis
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Dominick Reyes
Derrick Lewis vs. Alexander Volkov
Michelle Waterson vs. Felice Herrig

FS1 Prelims:

Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga
Scott Holtzman vs. Alan Patrick
Tonya Evinger vs. Aspen Ladd

Fight Pass Prelims:

Ryan LaFlare vs. Tony Martin
Lina Lansberg vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Gray Maynard vs. Nik Lentz

With 12 official fights, it looks like UFC 229 the return of Conor McGregor vs. Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is finally complete. Bout order confirmed by the UFC. What do you guys think of this card? It caught flack for it's depth at first but tbh, I don't understand it. This is a really good card. How can you complain with a Main Event like that? All the other fights on the Main Card look sure to be action packed as well. Ferguson vs. Pettis? Co-Main's don't get much better than that outside of title fights. O'Malley in the "Prelim headliner" is cool too and Lil' Pettis may secure a title shot with a win over Formiga.

If I had to rate this card, I'd give it an 8.5-9/10. What do you guys think?
Khabib/Conor: one of the GOAT fights

Ferguson/Pettis: fantastic fight; Ferguson is must-watch every time, and he has an interesting matchup against another exciting fighter and big name in Pettis

OSP/Reyes: great fight between biggest LHW prospect and one of the best fighters in the division. OSP is a great test for Reyes

Lewis/Volkov: the highest ranked scheduled HW fight slightly ahead of Blaydes/Ngannou. Winner is near a title shot

Waterson/Herrig: two of the better women's fighters in the UFC

OMalley/Quinonez: O'Malley is one of the biggest prospects and potential stars in the org and Quinonez is a decent fighter and interesting test

Pettis/Formiga: very good flyweight fight, with winner nearing title contention

Holtzman/Patrick: just an ok LW fight. Not much stands out about it

Evinger/Ladd: Evinger is an appropriate test for prospect Ladd

LaFlare/Martin: decent WW fight

Lansberg/Kunitskaya: women's fighters who are relatively well known because they fought Cyborg. Nothing especially interesting about the fight though

Maynard/Lentz: good matchup between two vets. Gray shouldn't be fighting anymore, but as long as he is, I'll br watching

9/10 overall

I feel like Ferg v Pettis has potential to be a much better fight than most are expecting.

I've thought for a while now that Pettis just had a style that aged quick because it depended too much on thr crazy "who gives a shit" sort of approach that only works if you're still young enough that your body doesn't suffer the effects of previous fights and training. After his last fight and his explanation that his style change was a conscious choice and that he's going to go back to what he thinks made him successful, I'm ready to see another fight to test the theory.

Hahaha you talk on Sherdog and I’m a yellow belt, bc you post more you know more, what is this, karate... I call a spade a spade, yes you are a casual, Dom Reyes is not Tyson Pedro lol

And now you're trolling, goodbye

Meh. Probably won't even bother watching.

8/10.. main event and co-main event are good.

Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga should be on main card instead of Herring/Watersons

9/10 Great card all round, even fight pass is interesting. BUT I think it looks so good since we have been used to piss poor cards recently.
I watch every card whatever and bet on every fight (I got a problem) but rare I get that excited for more than 3 fights on a card these days.
Genuinely excited for a lot of these match ups.

Back