Rate The Card: UFC 229 Khabib vs. McGregor (Las Vegas, NV)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PPV Main Card:

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor- LW Title Fight
Tony Ferguson vs. Anthony Pettis
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Dominick Reyes
Derrick Lewis vs. Alexander Volkov
Michelle Waterson vs. Felice Herrig

FS1 Prelims:

Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga
Scott Holtzman vs. Alan Patrick
Tonya Evinger vs. Aspen Ladd

Fight Pass Prelims:

Ryan LaFlare vs. Tony Martin
Lina Lansberg vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Gray Maynard vs. Nik Lentz

With 12 official fights, it looks like UFC 229 the return of Conor McGregor vs. Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is finally complete. Bout order confirmed by the UFC. What do you guys think of this card? It caught flack for it's depth at first but tbh, I don't understand it. This is a really good card. How can you complain with a Main Event like that? All the other fights on the Main Card look sure to be action packed as well. Ferguson vs. Pettis? Co-Main's don't get much better than that outside of title fights. O'Malley in the "Prelim headliner" is cool too and Lil' Pettis may secure a title shot with a win over Formiga.

If I had to rate this card, I'd give it an 8.5-9/10. What do you guys think?

Main is incredible.
Co-main is meh.
Everything else is irrelevant.

j3SOktP.gif

1 great fight, 2 good fights, rest is just meh....

8/10

too much WMMA.

Last edited:
Give OSP the night off and put Gustafsson on vs Reyes. 8.5/10 based on title fight. Could be a long wait for the main and co-main.

Main is incredible.
Co-main is meh.
Everything else is irrelevant.

1 great fight, 2 good fights, rest is just meh....
Seriously? Man, what more would it take? I don't get it. Not every card is going to be card of the year material. This is an awesome card featuring one of the most dominant MMA fighters in the modern era vs. a polarizing superstar coming off of an extended hiatus. A #1 contender fight on the Co-Main and top 10 ranked fighters in every PPV slot.

MMA fans are a bit entitled in 2018.

Seriously? Man, what more would it take? I don't get it. Not every card is going to be card of the year material. This is an awesome card featuring one of the most dominant MMA fighters in the modern era vs. a polarizing superstar coming off of an extended hiatus. A #1 contender fight on the Co-Main and top 10 ranked fighters in every PPV slot.

Spoiled brats who stream every event.

Is normal.

I hope they bump o'Malley to the main card

In all seriousness probably a 9.5. Great main and co-main plus some solid fights to fill out main card. Prelims are also pretty good. Potentially Lewis on the mic afterwards.

Conor vs Khabib is great 10/10
Pettis vs Ferguson is good 8/10
Volkov vs Lewis is good 8/10
O'Malley vs Jose is really solid 7/10
OSP vs Reyes fight is OK 6.5/10
The rest is just whatever to me. I don't really care for WMMA or 125lb guys.

Last edited:
Spoiled brats who stream every event.

Is normal.
And that's the thing about it too; most of these people who complain about the events aren't even paying for it anyway. I can understand complaining if being asked to pay for a PPV like UFC 228, but this is leaps and bounds better than that.

Thats an awesome card. I can't wait. Imagine no one pulls out? oh man

Back