Rate The Card: UFC 229 Khabib vs. McGregor (Las Vegas, NV)

I think people want to compare it to the last conor card UFC 205. Im actually hoping something happens and we get tony vs mcgregor, i just dont like khabib's style and I dont want him to be champ.

Weak 8/Strong 7

It would be better if Khabib was fighting real competition.

So at the end of the day, they did put wmma on the PPV..

<DCrying>

8/10 Solid, but not stacked, Conor could save a card with fighters with no Wikipedia pages tho, but to reach 10/10 needs a full stacked main card.

7/10 Don't care about the first 8 fights

Main event is great.
Co-main event is solid
Sergio-Formiga is somewhat relevant
Lewis-Volkov could be a barnburner or snoozefest
Rest of card is space fillers.

8/10
I like the main card.but the rest isn't great.

if the main or comain fall apart it becomes a shit card.... now looks great only for those 2

Conor vs Khabib is great 10/10
Pettis vs Ferguson is good 8/10
Volkan vs Lewis is good 8/10
O'Malley vs Jose is really solid 7/10
OSP vs Reyes fight is OK 6.5/10
The rest is just whatever to me. I don't really care for WMMA or 125lb guys.
Is Spock's son replacing Alexander against the Black Beast? I gave Volkov / Lewis a 10/10, but I knew the UFC would NEVER allow Volkov to derail a second UFC HW.

Will watch Nik Lentz vs Grey Maynard and then switch it off. That's the real main event.

Is Spock's son replacing Alexander against the Black Beast? I gave Volkov / Lewis a 10/10, but I knew the UFC would NEVER allow Volkov to derail a second UFC HW.

Good catch, I didn't even realize I'd mistyped.

Main and co main are awesome. Rest of the card kinda meh but not so bad. Too much boring WMMA. Also some potentially boring match ups or terrible match ups that will end fast.

At least I know all the people on the card so that's a plus.

7/10

8.5-9/10
The main and co main are very strong

8.5. Pretty top heavy. 194 is still by far the most stacked Conor card.

Assuming Khabib, Pettis, Ferg don't get injured it's a great card. That's a huge if though

10/10, you have the most anticipated MMA fight since McGregor/Aldo. You could put anything on the card with that fight and it would be 10/10.

So much is on the line legacy wise and the hype for this fight is crazy.

It's a surprisingly solid card all the way around. If they add Gus and move Karate Hottie, it'll be 11/10.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Volkov/Lewis is a great fight. Lewis has had 1 bad fight and that was due to back issues. The UFC flew him to Germany for extensive treatment and he himself said he hasn't felt this great in a decade. Black Beast has been delivering violent KOs for years and this is with the bad back. Imagine him now. Also now sure where you're getting this about Volkov, dude is another finisher. 23 finishes in 30 wins is a damn good percentage. His last two fights were finishes. He's a great striker. I think this fight will entertain.

OSP vs. Reyes... OSP I can understand the criticism but Reyes is an okay-ish fighter? What are you basing this off of? He's young, undefeated and a powerful LHW and likely the best prospect the division has had in years. All finishes inside of the UFC thus far and is looking to take out his first top 10 opponent. I don't see any okay-ish there. He's a legitimate threat and is taking out ranked competition a mere 10 fights into his career. Your assessment on Reyes seems pretty obscured tbh.

Lewis has said in his last 3 or 4 fights his back has never been better and that he can finally train hard and not have any problems then the fights happen and he hurts his back. I'm not putting any weight into him saying a new version of what he has been saying. While these performances aren't entirely his fault, the Ngannou fight, Nelson fight, and an exciting comeback KO after a lackluster performance he was losing vs Tybura.

Now to Volkov. 23 finishes in 30 wins isn't as impressive when nearly 20 of them are against mostly C level fighters with a few B level fighters. Obviously the Werdum KO was impressive and against a top level opponent. The Struve KO defintely shouldn't blow anyone's hair back especially when it was a competitive fight against a really overrated fighter in my opinion.

Now I think I'm thinking of somebody else. A 205 prospect lost his last fight via submission I think. And I thought it was Reyes. You said he is undefeated so maybe I'm mixing him up with somebody else.

Either way, I'm buying this one without a doubt.

Back