Rate Daniel Cormier's Performance (Jones v. Cormier)

I was surprised at how well he was able to get inside, I thought the reach would be more of a problem. he did better than I expected in the standup - but bones is just a step better than him.

6/10

Fought great in the opening rounds, but gassed. :/

He did great until Jones figured out how to prevent the dirty boxing. Then his cardio failed. I dunno, 8/10. He was ready and had all the answers to start. He just couldn't adjust and wasn't in good enough shape.

He had the right approach, he was hitting Jon and avoiding all his flashy strikes, showed good TDD then gassed and it all went downhill. 7/10

5/10

He looked old. I didn't expect him to be that much slower than Jones seeing how fast he has looked in his past fights. and I DID NOT expect Jones to out-wrestle him.

I think because the division is so far behind, he'll probably get another crack at the belt. So aybe he could make some adjustments. But man, Jones looked to be the superior fighter in that bout.

6/10

He kinda just fell apart mentally, physically, and emotionally when Jones got those takedowns in the 4th.

I gave him an 8.

He was really close to winning the belt.

Round 2 was his (though he did lose it on one card)
Round 3 was damn close (which he took on one score card)and if he gets on top after the slam he takes round #5 and gets the belt

7/10.

Great, honestly. Jones just pushed that 10 effort back to a 7 effect. Cormier tried, but couldn't exemplify the fortitude necessary for the championship push that Jones has put forth against Gus and now him. Jones deserves a lot of respect. That's mettle and toughness.

You may not like him, but Jones is a fucking warrior. People should appreciate what they're watching more. He's always giving you your money's worth.

I was surprised at how well he was able to get inside, I thought the reach would be more of a problem. he did better than I expected in the standup - but bones is just a step better than him.

Jones is a motherfucker when it comes to striking. He picks you apart with straight punches and lands alot of kicks from distance but his insane reach also transfers straight into killer elbows and knees when his opponents get close. There is no good range to strike with Jones.

8 through 3 rounds, then a 5 for rounds 5 and 5, so i averaged it to a 7

DC fought well but gassed in the 3rd.
His corner deserves a one for not driving home that he needed to finish Jones. 3+ minutes trying to go for a meaningless TD.

Won 1 round and made it tough but Jones did the one thing he claimed was impossible..

Outwrestle him..

DC fought well but gassed in the 3rd.
His corner deserves a one for not driving home that he needed to finish Jones. 3+ minutes trying to go for a meaningless TD.

Jones TDD is out of this world.. DC had his legs 7 times and Jones shrugged it off.. He also put DC on the fence with relative ease.. Who the hell saw that coming?

I think DC did better than many expected, but he would have done much better if he'd been given a tougher path to the titleshot. Not non-contenders (Cummins and Hendo). Gus would have been the perfect prep fight.

I'll give him a 4.

compared to jones last ten opponents?last five? he put up a better fight than most of them.

Back