Rate Daniel Cormier's Performance (Jones v. Cormier)

Solid 8.

He was pretty much the 2nd person to have close fight with Jones during his title reign.

To bad that he completely lost his groove in championship rounds, and that certainly takes the points away.

I gave it an 8,he put himself in the danger zone to finally get to jones,but he got the business done when he got there. It just took its toll in the 4th and 5th,and jones took over when he tired. He tried his best.

i thought it was a great fight,and cant understand how someone couldnt like it. Yeah no shit it slowed down in the championship rounds,which happens all the time.

7. Did well in the 1st half of the fight. Got tired and looked like he gave up. Tbh, i expected that exact scenario to happen, just expected Jon to pick him apart on the feet more vs clinch and take him down.

Very deceiving poll. I voted 5 but was uncertain if 1 was lowest or highest.

I would have voted two notches "up" either 3 or 7 depending on which was "better".

For the first 3 rounds, he looked very good. He was tagging Jon flush in the pocket with big shots.

His stamina was his biggest downfall. In the 4th, he looked totally gassed, and Bones capitalized on it, big time. Had he not gassed out, this fight would have gotten VERY interesting in the championship rounds.

Very deceiving poll. I voted 5 but was uncertain if 1 was lowest or highest.

I would have voted two notches "up" either 3 or 7 depending on which was "better".

What?

The poll isn't at all deceiving.

It doesn't get more clear cut than, 'rank DC's performance [on a scale of 1-10].'

7 seems solid. Did well but couldn't keep up the pressure and was generally getting beaten to the punch to begin with.

Solid 7. I mean, his effort was probably a 10, and he hit Jones with a lot of hard shots and made him work his ass off. It's hard to give someone higher than a 8 when they clearly lost, though.

I gave him a 9. He got in range, he landed shots and tried to mix in takedowns while protecting himself for damage. That is probably the best he can do.

Gave him a 7 because all the analysts said he wouldn't even be able to touch jon jones because of the reach disparity. Wish his conditioning held up but his game plan and implementation was solid and seemed to be the best of such a dismal situation.

How many takedowns did DC secure? One?

Based on that fact alone and his talk leading up that he could take Jones down however many times he wanted, a 2/10 would be generous.

I gave him a 7. The Gus fight was a little closer, but DC made him consistently work harder than anyone else did.

I gave him a 5.

I was pretty "meh" after all the hyping he got from Sherdog.

You would think he was the 2nd coming of Christ.

3x2 points for the first 3 rounds, not too much after that

6. His choices in the final round really destroyed the bit of success he had earlier on. It's easy to throw out fight strategy from my couch, but exerting the last bit of energy he had on a moral victory TD was really disappointing to me. Would have hoped to see him risk getting finished to go for a finish. Oh well 6 isn't so bad considering the average rating of his past opponents is like a 4.

Gave him a 6. He did better than most, but did not bring the kind of fight he said he would. I couldn't believe he couldn't take Jones down. The uppercuts were cool, but his lack of control in the clinch and in the takedown department were very surprising. Props to Jones!

7/10

The first 3 rounds were a draw in my opinion

7. He put up a good fight until he tired.

yeah i was going to say 8-ish, but he definitely slowed in the 4th and 5th. and hugging jones in the waning seconds was far from a championship effort.

Just wished his cardio was better...

Back