Rate Daniel Cormier's Performance (Jones v. Cormier)

7. He put up a good fight until he tired.

Well 5 being average, and I judge on a curve of all Jon Jones opponents I would give him a 6 as he is one of two fighters to win a round against Jon Jones

Abysmal. Lost at his own strengths and failed to deliver on any magnitude that he projected.

Outclassed, out-tooled, outworked, outstruck, outdone. Humiliated.

I called it. :D

6, fought a pretty good fight the first three rounds. But I thought he would be prepared for a grueling 5 rounder conditioning wise. Guess he wasnt

He fought great when he had energy but even then he couldnt take down Jones. I thought for SURE he was going to be able to. He lost everything he had in the last 2 rounds though. Sad.

5/10

He did ok but Jones just proved he was better

6-7

He was doing everything right but his body wasnt ready to take the punishment and push Jones for 5 rounds. Jones took over.

Tbh, I thought he'd lose 50-45 but he actually surprised me and won a round.

I love Cormier, but it sucked. You can't just gas out like that. Losing a decision against a guy who inflicts no damage.

I'll give him a 5 cause like Jones said, "Five takedowns to...zero?"

He disappointed me. I mean, he was taken down more than Gus for God's sake. I expected more from an Olympian.

He was however landing some good shots, but it wasn't enough.

6, better then average. He gassed after the 3rd, and even before that, Jones was beating him at his own game. I thought Jones would come in and use his reach advantage and keep Cormier on the outside, but he beat him in the clinch and out grappled him. He is making a case for goat, beating the best fighters at their strongest skill

The man is like 5ft9 and he actually go good shots on him. I think we need to cut him some slack. Its not easy fighting a guy a foot taller than you with more MUCH reach. Yet DC was able to land hard shots and leg kicks and did not get KO'd. I would give him a 7.5

DC fought a great fight. People just lost track of reality when they started believing he would demolish Jones, that is no easy task.

DC kept coming forward for the first 3-4 rounds, left it all in there and came up a little short. He took a LOT of strikes to his belly which I think is what took his pace down a bit towards the end, plus Jones leaned on him a lot and made DC carry his weight.

Jones used his size well to retain the belt. DC did the best he could with the very special skill set he has but it wasn't enough to overcome the HUGE size, age & reach advantages plus Jones diverse strikes, feints, head games, etc.

DC pushed Jones, that was a solid fight. Just because DC didn't live up to ridiculous and impossible expectations don't mean he didn't perform at an incredibly high level. Make no mistake about it, that was the arguably highest level of MMA competition that the world has ever seen.

7/10.

I felt he didn't rely on his wrestling enough. He gave up after the first TD attempt. He should have been trying to string them together. And his gas tank failed him, but, tbh, he kept a hellacious pace.

I don't think Herb did either of them any favors by just watching the fight.
There were probably 7x he would have been justified in separating them for inactivity.

Most of the credit goes to Jones, tho. I really don't like anything about him, but he is a damn good fighter.

Back