Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

Bad Boys for Life (2020)
Smith and Lawerence's buddy cops make an unneccesary return. As is the case with basically every single action thriller nowadays, the enemy is the Mexican cartel. It's exactly what you'd expect, there's a few laughs and it's not awful - but essentially, it's just two older cops who are "getting too old for this shit" for 2 hours.
5/10

The Corrupted (2019)

Gritty UK crime drama based in London after the 2012 Olympics. Again, it's exactly what you'd expect from one of these movies. There's the older bloke / head honcho in a business suit who has a respected job but, behind closed doors, is a ruthless killer who loves torturing and killing snitches. A lot of people get called 'kaaants'. The head honcho gets his comeuppance at the hands of the young ruffian, end of film. Bit of a non-entity of a movie. The weirdest part was fucking Cathal Pendred turning up as a henchman, forgot he existed.
5/10

The Enemies Within (2016)

iu

Documentary. All true and worth the watch. Available on Amazon.

10/10 - "A+"

Godzilla king of the monsters 6/10

Good monster battles but some silliness in the story. Actors did a decent job trying to sell it. Not memorable though and didn't feel epic although it's supposed to because monsters like Godzilla were being awakened all around the world.

Godzilla king of the monsters 6/10

Good monster battles but some silliness in the story. Actors did a decent job trying to sell it. Not memorable though and didn't feel epic although it's supposed to because monsters like Godzilla were being awakened all around the world.

Im holding out hope Godzilla vs. King Kong will be solid. Skull Island was the best of those movies I’d say.

Im holding out hope Godzilla vs. King Kong will be solid. Skull Island was the best of those movies I’d say.

I havent seen skull island but both Godzilla movies in this group were about as expected. I had a few hours to kill and nothing to do. I almost watched Dragged Across the Concrete instead but it's closer to 3 hours and I didn't want to have to pause it if my ole lady and baby got home during it. Basically I had no hype for it and it turned out average as expected.

Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan - I watched Part 8 again to see if I missed anything from years ago and I had not. While it did take a non-serious approach, Part 6 and 7 were more memorable.

I've been watching movies a lot lately.

I watched The Wailing tuesday night. Damn, what a great movie. Started off almost comedic but then took a totally different twist and the ending was the twist of twists. Definitely not what I was expecting.

<TheWire1><escalate99>

9/10. Good watch, highly recommended.

Okay, I had to watch this one a couple times to get the proper feel for it. Why? Because its secretly a great movie!

iu

STOP FUCKING LAUGHING YOU CRETINS! Let me explain. This is NOT a movie that wants to be taken seriously. It's not a movie that should be taken seriously. It's pure schlock from beginning to end. More importantly, it's pure 80's schlock. It's a move that would have been perfect in the 80s, from beginning to end. And if you watch it from that viewpoint, it's a hilariously great film.

Story: The story here is pretty standard alien invasion movie writing, but this time there is a BATTLESHIP! Not like a specially built for invasion from space ship, but a god damned WWII era 18 inch rifles american muscle battleship. It takes a bit to get to that point, but still. You WILL see some tabletop battleship scenes which are remarkably cringeworthy but hilarious all the same. And the ending sequences (along with a massively corny speech) are cut and paste from numerous movies.

Acting: Holy fuck, the acting in this movie is TRASH. Pure, unstoppable, ugly trash. All the stars phone it in, the supporting cast phones it in, NOBODY cares to put forward any effort. It's just bad. Sadly, the best actors may have been the actual Navy guys who served on the movies biggest star who have no acting experience. And they were still awful.

FX/Cinematography: You know what? This is the ONLY highpoint of this movie. The special effects were great, from the alien ships to shots of the battleship in motion. The camera shots were all solid, with one amazing shot where an alien realized that he was about to have a REALLY bad day. Not much else to say here.

Overall: I am giving this one two different scores, so bare with me.
(1/5) It's a shitty movie, where the only thing that is memorable is a few one liners and some great action sequences where you can tell they spent all the budget. You could skip this movie forever, and not miss out on anything important. Nobody that had anything to do with this movie gave a damn, and you could tell. Don't bother with it, just youtube the final scenes starting with the speech to see the only scenes worth a damn.
(5/5) It's also a GREAT 80s film. The acting is awful, the story is bad, and the special effects are the only good things. If you go into this movie expecting nothing amazing and just pure popcorn laughs of a bad movie from 30 years ago with better special effects, you are in for a wild ride. Corny lines, mediocre story, shitty acting, it's all there. It's like they took a low budget bad 80s movie and made in 2012, and it hits every mark.

All in all, I can't recommend it, nor can I not. It all depends on what you are expecting when you come into it, and how you view it. I may watch it again in the future, I may not, no idea. I have a feeling this may end up being one of those oddball cult classics that sticks around no matter what.

Okay, I had to watch this one a couple times to get the proper feel for it. Why? Because its secretly a great movie!

iu

STOP FUCKING LAUGHING YOU CRETINS! Let me explain. This is NOT a movie that wants to be taken seriously. It's not a movie that should be taken seriously. It's pure schlock from beginning to end. More importantly, it's pure 80's schlock. It's a move that would have been perfect in the 80s, from beginning to end. And if you watch it from that viewpoint, it's a hilariously great film.

Story: The story here is pretty standard alien invasion movie writing, but this time there is a BATTLESHIP! Not like a specially built for invasion from space ship, but a god damned WWII era 18 inch rifles american muscle battleship. It takes a bit to get to that point, but still. You WILL see some tabletop battleship scenes which are remarkably cringeworthy but hilarious all the same. And the ending sequences (along with a massively corny speech) are cut and paste from numerous movies.

Acting: Holy fuck, the acting in this movie is TRASH. Pure, unstoppable, ugly trash. All the stars phone it in, the supporting cast phones it in, NOBODY cares to put forward any effort. It's just bad. Sadly, the best actors may have been the actual Navy guys who served on the movies biggest star who have no acting experience. And they were still awful.

FX/Cinematography: You know what? This is the ONLY highpoint of this movie. The special effects were great, from the alien ships to shots of the battleship in motion. The camera shots were all solid, with one amazing shot where an alien realized that he was about to have a REALLY bad day. Not much else to say here.

(1/5) It's a shitty movie, where the only thing that is memorable is a few one liners and some great action sequences where you can tell they spent all the budget. You could skip this movie forever, and not miss out on anything important. Nobody that had anything to do with this movie gave a damn, and you could tell. Don't bother with it, just youtube the final scenes starting with the speech to see the only scenes worth a damn.
(5/5) It's also a GREAT 80s film. The acting is awful, the story is bad, and the special effects are the only good things. If you go into this movie expecting nothing amazing and just pure popcorn laughs of a bad movie from 30 years ago with better special effects, you are in for a wild ride. Corny lines, mediocre story, shitty acting, it's all there. It's like they took a low budget bad 80s movie and made in 2012, and it hits every mark.

All in all, I can't recommend it, nor can I not. It all depends on what you are expecting when you come into it, and how you view it. I may watch it again in the future, I may not, no idea. I have a feeling this may end up being one of those oddball cult classics that sticks around no matter what.
Worst board game turned into a film ever.

1/10 - "F-"

Masquerade Hotel (Japanese) 3/10

Shitty story, shitty characters. Decent main cast. The last scene was like why did they bother to even make that scene?

iu

I liked this movie as well.. same thing with transformers and ninja assassin. I got to see what I expected and paid for. Not some character driven melodrama that's philosophy and real world parallels left me in shock awe and profound sadness. Lol wtf with these guys on these boards thinking it was supposed to be some masterpieces.

Bloodsport (1988)

Bloodsport_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

I hadn't watched it in years. The best martial arts film of all time. There is no better martial arts villain than Bolo Yueng. Donald Gibb was the perfect comic releif. It just doesn't get any better than this (on a martial arts level).

10/10 - "A+"

Last edited:
The Lighthouse (2019)

The_Lighthouse.jpeg

Complete nonsense. Not at all worth my time. Robert Patterson is not a good actor, and the upcoming Batman film is probably going to suck.

4/10 - "D"

Silence (2016) - Two Portuguese ministers attempt to spread christian religious beliefs in feudal Japan. I learned two new words from watching this movie, apostasy and concubine. The movie's length should have been trimmed in the editing room.

Bad Boys for Life (2020)
Smith and Lawerence's buddy cops make an unneccesary return. As is the case with basically every single action thriller nowadays, the enemy is the Mexican cartel. It's exactly what you'd expect, there's a few laughs and it's not awful - but essentially, it's just two older cops who are "getting too old for this shit" for 2 hours.
5/10
It was basically this but I guess I thought the cheap laughs and thrills were more entertaining.

I’d give it a 7/10

1982's Sorceress. Roger Corman's knockoff Conan the Barbarian with 1/40 of the budget, and twin Playboy playmates in the main role. Reused soundtrack from other movie rather than make its own and all the lines were dubbed by amateurs and office workers.

It's amazingly cheesy, and the fight choreography is something else. But as far as watchability goes, it's worth it. Grab a beer and watch with your buds. Drink every time there's nudity.

Fist of Fury (aka, The Chinese Connection) (1972)

FistofFuryHongKongposter.jpg

A Bruce Lee classic redemption tale. Watching Bruce smack the shit out of a room full of assholes never gets old.

8/10 -"B"

Watched a bunch over this weekend.

Downhill (2020)
Will Ferrell in a sort-of comedy about a family that go skiing in Europe. Nothing really happens. There's a tiny controlled avalanche and Ferrell shits his pants and runs away, meaning his family think he's a coward. That's essentially about it, its not even particularly a comedy.
4/10

Buffaloed (2019)

Another sort-of comedy about a rather annoying looking girl (well, its not so much her look its her facial expressions and acting style) who gets involved in the world of debt collection. Again, its not particularly a comedy and again, fuck all happens.
4/10

The Night Clerk (2020)

A weird aspergers kid works the night shift in a small hotel and hides cameras in rooms to spy on the guests, not in a sexual way really though just a weird way. He witnesses a murder. Not an awful lot happens apart from that but the lead guy is pretty good actually, however, the story makes zero sense (why would the killer continue coming back to the exact same hotel to shag another bird whle the investigation is ongoing?).
5/10

Sea Fever (2020)

Now, this is more like it. I love a creature feature, especially a low-key one that relies on realism and isn't too OTT. This ticked my boxes. It's an indie Irish movie, a young marine biologist joins an Irish fishing trawler to do some studies. They venture into an area they shouldn't be fishing in and encounter a bizarre, cool as fuck unknown lifeform. I really enjoyed the 'monster', it was highly realistic for me - if some gigantic creature is in the depths, its more likely to be something bizarre like this than Godzilla. I loved its method of 'attack' too.
8/10

Bad Boys for Life (2020)
5/10
Bad Boys 3 was a joke.

I havent seen skull island but both Godzilla movies in this group were about as expected. I had a few hours to kill and nothing to do. I almost watched Dragged Across the Concrete instead but it's closer to 3 hours and I didn't want to have to pause it if my ole lady and baby got home during it. Basically I had no hype for it and it turned out average as expected.

I seem to be alone in quite liking Edwards Godzilla film, perhaps not what people were expecting but playing it up more as a horror/thriller I think worked well really selling the scale in a way most modern monster films don't.

Back