Ranking the light saber duelists

Maybe Obi had irritable bowel when he fought DOO-ku. Perhaps Dooku's powers involve giving his opponents doo doo problems.

Obiwan has poor fight IQ in when he is fighting with a partner in 2 on 1 battles. It plagued him his entire fighting career. He almost always got either himself or his partner killed or fucked up in some way. Really it's his only weakness. Aside from when he threw the Vader 2 match so Luke could escape, I do not recall him losing a 1-1 battle.

And this is why we got the prequels.

If it's down to the mostht, awesomestht light sthabersth, general grievousth. He had a lot and they went thuper fatht!

And should Palps beating Maul be a big feat? I mean maul lost to kenobi much less the emp.

He lost to Maul & Savage Opress. He had Maul begging for mercy

Here we go, the official Draxton List.

1. Windu: every pics of content we have says he is the best lightsaber duelist so we have to take that at its word.

2. Yoda/Palpatine tie. In pure lightsaber combat its a tie and Yoda was only forced to retreat once force powers and flying senate chairs were used.

3. Prime Lightside Anakin. He took out Dooku the number 4 on my list. He was also said to rival Yoda and Windu in lightsaber combats.

4. Dooku: A direct student of Yoda and we saw him take out Obi-Wan twice. He beat pre Clone Wars Anakin but got WRECKED by Prime lightside Anakin.

5. Obi-Wan: His only really losses were to Dooku. He threw the Vader fight in A New Hope so Luke and company could escape. While he beat Anakin, that was after Anakin’s fall to the dark side and was no longer in his prime due to fighting too emotionally.

6. Ahsoka: Trained by some of the best Jedi to ever exist and we have seen here time and a time again hold her own, even against a post suit Vader.

6. Maul: Took our Qui-Gon who was a direct student of Dooku.

7. Rey: Hate all you want but she has a natural fighting talent and stood toe to toe with Kylo Ren when she was an amateur. She easily outshines him as she progresses.

8. Kylo Ren/Ben Solo: Hard to judge because their aren’t many lightsaber users in his timeframe, but he did go ham egg and cheese on Snokes royal guards and obliterated their Knights of Ren.

9. Luke: We saw him survive post suit Vader, BARELY, on Bespin because Vader let him live while trying to turn him. Same could be said for their fight on Death Star 2.

Some notes if you would allow me :D

Dooku is so kinda too old and was bound to lose vs one of this younger duelists but I think just a few years younger and he defeats Anakin.

Kylo defeated Rey in my book in episode 9, I feel he is the stronger duelist.. and this was with no more wound, losing blood, split by the murder of his father and trying to recruit Rey. Kylo had Rey and would have ended her if not for Leia.

Luke played around Kylo and Rey imo and he was doing great vs Kylo full on dodges even in remote form :D and vs Rey the same in fact she got so mad she pulled the saber in rage while Luke was schooling her with an antenna even took her staff away all casual like stopped when lil' Palp went all rage mode :D

Again I'm commenting only on the characters we got in the movies, I explained earlier you will see it when you read the notification.

c32beeb0da622e0e3105df58193aebe6.gif

He lost to Maul & Savage Opress. He had Maul begging for mercy

I missed that one.

So now Palps can weild two sabers?? The fuck.

Some of the cartoons just do more damage to the lore with their crap.

And maul gets the better when it’s straight sabers. Palps keeps using force powers to get the upper hand.

But maul could have too. He should have force choked the emperor when he was distracted with his brother.

Dooku is so kinda too old and was bound to lose vs one of this younger duelists but I think just a few years younger and he defeats Anakin.

Kylo defeated Rey in my book in episode 9, I feel he is the stronger duelist.. and this was with no more wound, losing blood, split by the murder of his father and trying to recruit Rey. Kylo had Rey and would have ended her if not for Leia.

Luke played around Kylo and Rey imo and he was doing great vs Kylo full on dodges even in remote form :D and vs Rey the same in fact she got so mad she pulled the saber in rage while Luke was schooling her with an antenna even took her staff away all casual like stopped when lil' Palp went all rage mode :D

Again I'm commenting only on the characters we got in the movies, I explained earlier you will see it when you read the notification.
Luke was toying with her the entire time.

Shit was about to get real when he opened back up to the force and force stopped his fall.

Luke was toying with her the entire time.

Shit was about to get real when he opened back up to the force and force stopped his fall.

I think he just didn't want to fall on his ass .. and Rey went yolo with that lightsaber vs his antenna she was frustrated but you don't swing a lightsaber like that around even if mad and disappointed, such a grandad move :D

I think people also have to consider, if we learned anything from MMA. You can be close in skill and lose to someone. Sometimes even look bad. Styles often make fights. And of course A beats B beats C beats A

Darth Vader doesn't even make the cut???

Tier 1:
Mace Windu
Yoda
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sidious
Count Dooku
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tier 2:
Kirak Infil'a
Maul
General Grievous
Ahsoka Tano
Asajj Ventress

Tier 3:
Luke Skywalker
Qui-Gon Jinn
Kit Fisto
Depa Billaba
Grand Inquisitor
Savage Opress

Tier 4:
Kanan Jarrus
Seventh Sister
Ben Solo
Ezra Bridger
Rey
I like this list, even mentioned Depa Billaba

I assume you watched Clone Wars, did you catch her and young Kanan in the new trailer?

Last edited:
Windu beat Palp straight up 1v1

He is number #1

Anakin and Obi-wan should be higher than Yoda

Yoda couldn't even beat Palpatine

Yoda failed so hard he exiled himself away

Luke beats Palpatine with a little help

Yoda is way more about force powers

Windu
Anakin
Palp
Obi-Wan
Luke
Yoda

Would probably be my list

I rank Luke low because he never really had anyone to teach him how to use it cept Yoda who was on his death bed

Obi Wan did beat Anakin however Anakin was not in the right mental state and was exploited by Obi Wan

I think its also worth mentioning that the style of dueling Obi-Wan used happened to be the perfect counter to the style Anakin used

Obi-Wan was pretty much built to beat Anakin

I’m going to give you Kylo be Rey, I forgot he was injured in their first fight. And in episode 9 Leia distracted Kylo which allowed Rey to win.

“Projected Luke” vs Kylo doesn’t count. It wasn’t a real battle.

I’m going to give you Kylo be Rey, I forgot he was injured in their first fight. And in episode 9 Leia distracted Kylo which allowed Rey to win.

“Projected Luke” vs Kylo doesn’t count. It wasn’t a real battle.

Still mimics his own ideas, interpretations you saw him move around Rey you think he wouldn't goof on Kylo too ?

I suppose I can get on board with this. The only thing I would ask is where would you put Anakin/Vader overall if you did not break out prime light side Anakin? To me that's not really fair, because switching to the dark side is more akin to switching camps than being a different person. I mean how many 1 on 1 duels with top duelists did prime lightside Anakin have? Prime light side Anakin existed for like 8 seconds.

Maybe prime light-side Anakin could have beat Obi-Wan. But they never dueled. And was it really a prime light side Anakin that defeated Dooku. He had to tap into his darker side to win that fight and he did take an unarmed Dooku's head at the end of it, which is definitely not light side.

Personally, I think you have to take the totality of Anakin/Vader to rank him properly as a duelist. And you have that cat ranked above duelists that have 5 of his limbs in trophy cases.
I’m taking each person at their best. And Anakin at his best was the one that took out Dooku.

Back