Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

Went down to the range near work on my lunch break. Single action only revolver in .22. Shot mostly cheap .22LR but did put a couple cylinders of 22 mag and 22 rat shot for funies.

Ratshot from 10 feet
Upper right target from 15 ft
Center mass a mix of 15, 25, 35 and 55 ft. Mix of two hand grip and one hand grip.
Junk at 10 ft. for lulz

91WD5AA.jpg

Was about to ask if the junk shots were intentional or not.

Gotta have some fun with the last 6 rounds before going back to work

Went down to the range near work on my lunch break. Single action only revolver in .22. Shot mostly cheap .22LR but did put a couple cylinders of 22 mag and 22 rat shot for funies.

Ratshot from 10 feet
Upper right target from 15 ft
Center mass a mix of 15, 25, 35 and 55 ft. Mix of two hand grip and one hand grip.
Junk at 10 ft. for lulz

91WD5AA.jpg

What sort of SA revolver was it? Single 6 convertible?

Shot my super Blackhawk 454 a bit (10 rounds), just working on pulling it out of the chest rig and getting it on target. That gun is one hell of a piece of steel.

Also got some quick release rings for my 375HH (in case I need the iron sights in a hurry) so I went and got it sighted in again, so like 6 rounds out of that.

Not much shooting but got to do a bunch of hiking around with guns so it's sort of like using them.

Met a guy who had just moved out to Alaska and he had a few rifles I'd never seen before other than in pictures.

A sauer 101 and a Mauser m12. Both are European rifles, i didn't shoot them but it was cool to handle them and see what they were like.

Both were incredibly smooth and well put together, I think both are in the 1500 dollar range before scoping them. The only thing I wonder about is after market support for brands like that.

Went to the range twice this weekend but didn't get to keep my targets to post. It's a free outdoor range where they put the paper up for everyone at the same time every 10-15 minutes.

We had 70 degree weather Saturday so I shot my SCCY 9mm, S&W 686 using .38 special to save a couple bucks. Sunday exclusively shot 22LR and some 22 mag through the SA just to go on the cheap (since I spent a lot the day before).

This weekend I'm putting 200 rounds through my FN Five-seveN and probably 150 through my old, seldom fired, H&K SOCOM Mk. 23.

I'm hoping to fire my buddy's SCAR too. If anyone is interested I'll share thoughts on the Five-seveN.

This weekend I'm putting 200 rounds through my FN Five-seveN and probably 150 through my old, seldom fired, H&K SOCOM Mk. 23.

I'm hoping to fire my buddy's SCAR too. If anyone is interested I'll share thoughts on the Five-seveN.

Sure, I've put like 10 rounds through a 5.7 remember really liking it.

More interested in your thoughts on the SCAR and if it's the 16 or 17.

Sure, I've put like 10 rounds through a 5.7 remember really liking it.

I put 30 through mine and didn't really give a shit. My buddy who has one thinks I'm crazy. Hate the feel of it and didn't notice the recoil being all too diminished. Was wondering today if I could parlay it into a Sig Tacops 9mm with the threaded barrel. I hate parting with things though. Especially something that's supposed to be so cool. :(:mad::(

I put 30 through mine and didn't really give a shit. My buddy who has one thinks I'm crazy. Hate the feel of it and didn't notice the recoil being all too diminished. Was wondering today if I could parlay it into a Sig Tacops 9mm with the threaded barrel. I hate parting with things though. Especially something that's supposed to be so cool. :(:mad::(

Really? Thought it had low recoil, had a unique sound and was pretty accurate.

Really? Thought it had low recoil, had a unique sound and was pretty accurate.

I forget which other handguns we took out to shoot to compare to. Maybe the gripping discomfort distracted me from the less recoil. To me it looks and feels like a cheap toy. Thought for the price and hype it would be more impressive than in the pics. Not so much. But in fairness, I prefer metal guns.

Shot some 44mag yesterday. Only about 75 rounds total out of a 4.2" ruger Redhawks and a 4.62" ruger super black hawk.

Both good guns, not sure which I really like better for woods carry. The RH is double action which is nice but the SBH is so much more compact and simplistic....like you couldn't screw it up even if you tried.

Intend to run 100 rounds through my new Glock barrel and another 100 through my new AR on Saturday.

It's the SCAR 16 and I'll let you know. He loves it.

Back