Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

To be continued indeed.

Makes me think it'll be saving the screwy-ness for the next time you need it.

Yeah it was quite puzzling. Went out to confirm it was fucked to send it in to be fixed and makes a miraculous come back to perfect. Oh well we'll see what happens. Has a lifetime warranty.

To be continued indeed.

Makes me think it'll be saving the screwy-ness for the next time you need it.

Have you heard of other scopes doing something like that? I've heard of turrets going bad(they continue to get much worse quickly) but this doesn't seem to match anything else I've read/heard when searching. He was kind of hoping it would just get worse so it could get fixed. Instead of left with confusion and questions.

Have you heard of other scopes doing something like that? I've heard of turrets going bad(they continue to get much worse quickly) but this doesn't seem to match anything else I've read/heard when searching. He was kind of hoping it would just get worse so it could get fixed. Instead of left with confusion and questions.

Scopes ive seen that do stuff like that either end up being returned or shitcanned and replaced with something else.

FIRST TIME EVER FIRING A HAND GUN TONIGHT. I picked up my ccw gun today, a SCCY CPX-1 9mm and spent time going through safe loading and unloading with snap caps today. And have been doing so with my S&W 686 .357 magnum. For the past couple months I've been reading magazines, online articles and religiously watching youtube vids on reviews, gun safety and range etiquette and went for the first time tonight.

I put 90 rounds through the 9mm. I put 50 rounds of .38 special through the revolver and about 18 rounds of .357 magnum hollow points.

@ripskater
@Gregolian
@Cubo de Sangre

TBhZoLs.jpg

hrnZk2O.jpg

Last edited:
FIRST TIME EVER FIRING A HAND GUN TONIGHT. I picked up my ccw gun today, a SCCY CPX-1 9mm and spent time going through safe loading and unloading with snap caps today. And have been doing so with my S&W 686 .357 magnum. For the past couple months I've been reading magazines, online articles and religiously watching youtube vids on reviews, gun safety and range etiquette and went for the first time tonight.

I put 90 rounds through the 9mm. I put 50 rounds of .38 special through the revolver and about 18 rounds of .357 magnum hollow points.

@ripskater
@Gregolian
@Cubo de Sangre

TBhZoLs.jpg

hrnZk2O.jpg

What did you like best?

What did you like best?

The revolver. It made up for my lack of experience in the accuracy department. Less recoil due to the size. I didn't expect the 9mm To be so loud either (I had my ears protected). It almost seemed like the 9mm was louder than the .357 magnum even tho the magnum was a hotter load.

You need to get a full size pistol like a Glock 17 or SW M&P pro or Springfield XDM

Yesterday I put 400 rounds through three different AR15's and 110 rounds through some 9mm pistols.

Here's some targets with the pistols from 15 yards. Yeah, I'm no pro shooter.

Only 2nd time shooting it. Not sure what to expect from a sub-compact. 10 rounds.

IMG_1738_zps2xbamqrj.jpg

Second time shooting this one as well. A little better than the Glock. 20 rounds.

IMG_1736_zps5ealeiuw.jpg

My first and favorite pistol. 20 rounds.

IMG_1737_zpsrwaqgwws.jpg

Pistols at 10-15. Shot a SAO P226 Legion, fucking awesome. I'm not sure what they do with those Legions but it felt like it had an action job. Trigger was probably around 4lbs.

226legionsao.jpg

AR's and SCAR's at about 130 yards, somebody blew up back half of a old motorcycle and we shot the hell out of the front half/engine lol, forgot to take a pic.

6.5 Creedmoor at 910 yards on steel and 890-979 yards on small propane tanks.

20170112_201159_zpsurtp9i4a.jpg

20170112_200833_zpsgvywofis.jpg

@ripskater
@Gregolian
@Cubo de Sangre

TBhZoLs.jpg

hrnZk2O.jpg

Were you aiming???

Definitely better than .308. About 1 foot less drift(5 mph) and 5.5' less drop.

The scope was acting fucky. The click adjustments weren't correlating to the hits. 1 click was jumping a couple feet at that distance for some reason. So I couldn't fine tune a zero for that distance. But holding a 1' high and left about 6" I was getting very consistent hits in about a 12" diameter group with many hits in a 6" chest flap. Probably could have been consistent sub moa if I didn't have to hold over.

But anyway with the scope. We were quite confused. We took it back out last week. Brought it back to the 100y zero. It was off like 2" down and 4" left. So 6 clicks(.1 mil adjustments) up and 12 right. 2 shot groups touching each other but it was an inch high and 2 to the right. Scope was level and all that. So a few more adjustments we get the thing zeroed. We mess with adjustments from there and it still is fucky but shoots tight consistent groups after the adjustments.

We decided to return it to zero and put up another shoot n c. Out of nowhere it starts matching the inputs. 6 clicks right, tight group 2" right of center. 12 clicks left, tight group 2" left of center. 6 clicks back right and 6 up, 2" high, 12 clicks down, 2" low.

Basically left really confused but it was working perfectly. To be continued I suppose.

I had a leupold vx3i with a cds turret do that to me, ended up sending it back and asking for a normal vx3i without the cds.

Was supposed to shoot grouse today but it snowed a ton. Ended up just shooting my recurve off the back porch for 15 minutes, didn't even bother to go get the arrows, I'll do that later.

Pistols at 10-15. Shot a SAO P226 Legion, fucking awesome. I'm not sure what they do with those Legions but it felt like it had an action job. Trigger was probably around 4lbs.

226legionsao.jpg

I shot a friend's DA/SA 226 in .40 smith over the weekend... that was one hell of a pistol. It definitely just jumped to the front of my to buy list. I won't be springing for a Legion, though. That's a little too much price tag for me at the moment.

I was sitting there with a USP45 Tactical as well, and the SIG was easily the better pistol. I'm not sure if the SIG was a base model or what; he said he hadn't done anything to it but it had his battalion insignia and OIF stuff engraved on it from the factory (it was part of a mass order). Don't know if anything else went into it.

Last edited:
I shot a friend's DA/SA 226 in .40 smith over the weekend... that was one hell of a pistol. It definitely just jumped to the front of my to buy list. I won't be springing for a Legion, though. That's a little too much price tag for me at the moment.

I was sitting there with a USP45 Tactical as well, and the SIG was easily the better pistol. I'm not sure if the SIG was a base model or what; he said he hadn't done anything to it but it had his battalion insignia and OIF stuff engraved on it from the factory (it was part of a mass order). Don't know if anything else went into it.

I have a p227 and have shot p220, p226 and p229's before as well. They all shoot great. The Legion is better.

Slide3-1024x576.jpg

So it does have a factory action job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back