Randy beating Chuck in the 1st fight still might be the craziest thing I have seen in MMA

it was a rocky moment, for sure. i doubt anyone was giving randy a serious chance in that fight, not at 40 yrs old. they were basically trying to give chuck another big name to add to his resume.
Tapology says he was only +170 for their first fight…..

Not trying to be that guy and correct your post because it's a good post, but Chucks win over Mezger wasn't easy. Mezger almost beat that ass.

Mezger-lidell-1.gif
Mezger almost beat a lot of ppls asses. Robbed vs Saku off top of my head. Under rated historical fighter

You know, I just realized how good Randy looks physically at his age..

Before USADA. I know people shit on PRIDEFC for having no drug testing and all...but...
It’s not unusual for a professional athlete to have a good body at 40. It’s not old to the point where you see meaningful deterioration in muscle composition.

It’s just you start slowing down and you accumulate injuries…..

That said, I’m pretty sure the natural wasn’t……

Not trying to be that guy and correct your post because it's a good post, but Chucks win over Mezger wasn't easy. Mezger almost beat that ass.

Mezger-lidell-1.gif
good catch….why did i think they fought twice?

it was tito that fought guy twice….

my bad

Lmao that fucking entrance at 8:00, jesssuussss.

Apparently Chuck barely trained for that fight, but either way that’s his fault. Look at Randys fucking back though, wtf?

It’s not unusual for a professional athlete to have a good body at 40. It’s not old to the point where you see meaningful deterioration in muscle composition.

It’s just you start slowing down and you accumulate injuries…..

That said, I’m pretty sure the natural wasn’t……

very natural...

probably

good catch….why did i think they fought twice?

it was tito that fought guy twice….

my bad

Mezger almost beat a lot of ppls asses. Robbed vs Saku off top of my head. Under rated historical fighter

Yeah, I come to the defense of Mezger as frequently as I can on here because he's a few close fights away from being considered an all time top 5 LHW. @DogsAndKisses He had controversial split losses to Arona, Lil Nog, the draw to Saku like you mentioned, and he was beating the breaks off of Wand before Wand blatantly heabutted him, which led to the TKO.

@XThe GreatestX Randy was like a superhero at the time. I remember at the time they would say in lieu of his age, he was one of the best gameplanners in the sport, had the best fight IQ. His Chuck fight was crazy as hell.

Mezger-lidell-1.gif

Really most of Chucks fights with strikers, Mezger, Pele, Vitor, Reem, etc he might have won but they were tough matches for him plus of course the loss to Rampage.

After demolishing Chuck, he then proceeded to completely embarrass Tito. Literally spanking him at one point. Talk about "sonning" someone!

Really most of Chucks fights with strikers, Mezger, Pele, Vitor, Reem, etc he might have won but they were tough matches for him plus of course the loss to Rampage.
i’m in the minority on the vitor fight. i thought chuck controlled the pace and dictated what happened in there. vitor landed some good shots but i feel chuck never lost control and landed the better ones. clean decision win imo

That's a great point. His first fight with Rampage at Final Conflict was bananas. Everyone remembers the 2nd fight because of the KO, but the first fight was a much scarier, prolonged beating. The image of the faces Chuck was making when Rampage was beating the shit out of his body on the ground are forever burned into my brain. Chuck was known for being so good at standing back up after being taken down and Rampage just held him there. Not sure if there was an injury that kept Chuck down, just makes you think about how strong prime Rampage was, even after him powerbombing a grown ass man.

i’m in the minority on the vitor fight. i thought chuck controlled the pace and dictated what happened in there. vitor landed some good shots but i feel chuck never lost control and landed the better ones. clean decision win imo

I wouldnt disagree with the decision but certainly it wasnt an easy fight for Chuck at a point were Vitor wasnt really considered one of the best LHWs.

Mezger-lidell-1.gif

Metzger was a great fighter just way too passive.

It was awesome (his return and smashing of Timmy was still my favorite).

I think you are overestimating how big of a underdog he was though. Just looked it up, only +170, which is pretty even. He was the bigger guy, crisp boxing, great takedowns, and also fought with a very smart game plan, the odds makers were not counting him out. Executed everything to perfection!

I think the song was Downfall by TrustCompany...Sherdog website back in the day had a HL vid of Couture and that was the song. That vid was bad fkn ass

Back