Randy beating Chuck in the 1st fight still might be the craziest thing I have seen in MMA

That made me a lifetime fan.
When he refused to give Tito a rematch until he stopped ducking Chuck...that made me a fan. That rematch would have been money in the bank for Randy, but he made Tito do the right thing instead.

Basically my favorite fight ever!! This was the fight that made me a MAJOR Randy & mma fan

it's one of the best fights in MMA's history due to the story that came with it. Parts 2 and 3 were also great for finishing that tale, but, the first one was epic.

Randy vs Timmeh is unreal too. This fuckin guy Handy Couture was somethin special.

Randy is one of my favorites ever, he had great wrestling and dirty boxing but his chin was shit

Randy is one of my favorites ever, he had great wrestling and dirty boxing but his chin was shit
qljM9SuPiCB-6Lenxf_Lnbjg7PLvzXFn4m9VjFJrfvp2SqAgqhw_R3VIucGFUTWc5RfZ9-fx1vb-aMTaJhtKZRFMmxrePOkYWY5h9v_sXo-KXE60pg

I wouldnt disagree with the decision but certainly it wasnt an easy fight for Chuck at a point were Vitor wasnt really considered one of the best LHWs.
ThoseRealAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

Chuck vs Vitor is a badass Fight!!<GinJuice>

it was like Conor vs Poirier but much better.

everyone was afraid of Victor, and Liddell goes there and destroys him in his specialty Striking.

Randy beating Big-Tim was even more crazy... dude is a legend.

Loved it! I hated Chuck back then. Watching Randy beat his ass was great.

I warmed up to Chuck later on, but still love that iconic fight!

To set the scene for the young ins.....Chuck at this point was coming off a quick destruction of Babalu, a beatdown of Vitor Belfort, and easy wins over Guy Mezger and Kevin Randleman ( and a tough fight vs Bustamante admittedly). Destined to face Tito for the belt, and in fact after the Randy loss would beat Overeem in 1 round in PRIDE.

Randy on the other hand, had the great run at HW but had lost to Barnett and than Ricco Rodriguez in that weird fight where his orbital got broken, and was already close to 40. He was dropping down to light heavyweight and it seemed the UFC just wanted a recognizable guy for Chuck to beat before the Tito fight.

Randy then proceeds to beat the living shit out of Chuck, both on the feet and on the ground. I am talking scary stuff as he was literally slamming Chuck over and over, and landing vicious shots from the top before they finally stopped it. Pure madness.

Timestamped at the final sequence

Vitor fight was 50-50 until the knockdown. Also, definitely not an easy win against Mezger.

To set the scene for the young ins.....Chuck at this point was coming off a quick destruction of Babalu, a beatdown of Vitor Belfort, and easy wins over Guy Mezger and Kevin Randleman ( and a tough fight vs Bustamante admittedly). Destined to face Tito for the belt, and in fact after the Randy loss would beat Overeem in 1 round in PRIDE.

Randy on the other hand, had the great run at HW but had lost to Barnett and than Ricco Rodriguez in that weird fight where his orbital got broken, and was already close to 40. He was dropping down to light heavyweight and it seemed the UFC just wanted a recognizable guy for Chuck to beat before the Tito fight.

Randy then proceeds to beat the living shit out of Chuck, both on the feet and on the ground. I am talking scary stuff as he was literally slamming Chuck over and over, and landing vicious shots from the top before they finally stopped it. Pure madness.

Timestamped at the final sequence

Some of the glory days of MMA.

Compared to now we have Conor threatening Poiriers wife and hanging with Bieber...

a sliding doors moment was in the 3rd Randy - Chuck fight (might have been the second fight, it has been 15 years) when Chuck did a blatant, non-penalized fence grab to stop a clear take down. at the time, I just viewed it as one of those things that happens in fights. but sometimes I wonder if it would have given Randy the chance to really tire Chuck out and change the course of the fight (if my memory is bad on the above, feel free to correct me)

anyway - thanks to TS for the great flashback
It's a fight, you do what you need to do and if you are penalized then so be it.
The rest is history...

Mezger almost beat a lot of ppls asses. Robbed vs Saku off top of my head. Under rated historical fighter
Underrated, sure, but no hobbery in that SAKU fight.

He had controversial split losses to Arona, Lil Nog, the draw to Saku like you mentioned, .
hmmm... ok some room for controversy in the Arona & SAKU fights, mainly due to Pride´s complex Scorin´System, but... the Lil Nog one was less controversial, technically...

Underrated, sure, but no hobbery in that SAKU fight.

hmmm... ok some room for controversy in the Arona & SAKU fights, mainly due to Pride´s complex Scorin´System, but... the Lil Nog one was less controversial, technically...
Bro PRIDE literally changed the rules mid fight to help Saku lmao

Rampage beating up Chuck, in Pride, on the ground with body shots until the corner threw the towel in was pretty bad too.

Love Randy, sucks we never got to see him vs Fedor. I know the huggers on here always act like Fedor would have beat him easy in half a round. But Randy always had the possibility to pull the upset. I remember when I thought Gonzaga was maybe unstoppable and old ass Randy super smashed him like it was nothing.

Back