Random Training Thoughts

CarnalSalvation

Trying to make a Milankey
Reaction score
This post is nothing but a collection of various ideas rolling around in my head. Blurbs of training advice. I am taking into account that many of the boards members are what I would consider novice lifters, if you

Good stuff dude.

I do best in my lifts when I'm pressed for time and pace myself alittle more.

Just found out today.

See, I'm the exact opposite. My 15 rep squat workouts take 2-2.5 hours.

Neither is better, we just have different rest periods.

As for the psyching up part, you forgot to mention listening to Rock Lobster by the B-52's.
Everyone should listen to Rock Lobster at least 3-4 times before lifting. If you have never listened to Rock Lobster, I suggest you download the song... NOW! Rock Lobster is possibly the greatest song ever. Rock Lobster.

We were at a party
His ear lobe fell in the deep
Someone reached in and grabbed it
It was a rock lobster

We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
It wasn't a rock
It was a rock lobster

Motion in the ocean
His air hose broke
Lots of trouble
Lots of bubble
He was in a jam
S'in a giant clam

Down, down

Underneath the waves
Mermaids wavin'
Wavin' to mermen
Wavin' sea fans
Sea horses sailin'
Dolphins wailin'

Red snappers snappin'
Clam shells clappin'
Muscles flexin'
Flippers flippin'

Down, down

Let rock!

Boy's in bikinis
Girls in surfboards
Everybody's rockin'
Everybody's fruggin'
Twistin' 'round the fire
Havin' fun
Bakin' potatoes
Bakin' in the sun

Put on your noseguard
Put on the Lifeguard
Pass the tanning butter

Here comes a stingray
There goes a manta-ray
In walked a jelly fish
There goes a dog-fish
Chased by a cat-fish
In flew a sea robin
Watch out for that piranha
There goes a narwhale
HERE COMES A BIKINI WHALE!

Oh, and btw... YOU'RE WELCOME.

I know lots of people don't lift to music. These people don't know what it is to be intense. Bring an mp3 player or discman to the gym with all the songs you know get you jacked or angry or just plain emotional. If you get into the music and forget about the shit going on around you, it helps a hell of a lot.

Interesting. Shows that training is so much more than just training. The mental/emotional aspects are just sooo important.
Too bad some :eek::eek::eek: is trying to fillibuster your thread with Rock Lobster lyrics. When i'm at the gym and i hear song i don't like it makes me angry and i try and channel that into my lift.

PariahCarey said:
Interesting. Shows that training is so much more than just training. The mental/emotional aspects are just sooo important.
Too bad some :eek::eek::eek: is trying to fillibuster your thread with Rock Lobster lyrics. When i'm at the gym and i hear song i don't like it makes me angry and i try and channel that into my lift.

It's The Woggle to you!!!

i agree with carnal's wise words. and also about rock lobster. lighten up carey!

i have no anger in my lifts:(

I like Rock Lobster.

If hip thing in the Carnal MP3 selection right now is ZZ Top though.

Oh and just a note, I'd ague the opposite Plum. People who are dependant on music for a psych lack mental fortitude. I can get more psyched amped on ephy and jamming to some metal than I can ragged ass tired and watching Lifetime, but ideally external factors like those matter less and less. It used to be I'd want a particular song to max out too, now I don't even care if there is music at all.

Tom Skiver said he spent a few months lifting to Journey, so that when he went to nationals he knew they wouldn't possible play anything he disliked more.

I consider music as a tool to get me pumped before the workout, but I could careless while I'm lifting cause all I'm doing is concentrating on the lift. The music doesn't affect me much during the workout.

CarnalSalvation said:
How about Depeche Mode?

Carnal, look, don't say you want me. Don't say you need me. Don't say you love me. It's understood... don't say you're happy, out there without me, I know you can't be, 'cos it's no goo-ooood... :D

PariahCarey said:
Ok. I apologize. The B-52's still suck however.

This is true. But everytime they play Rock Lobster on 100.3 JackFM, I just can't help it... I just have to wiggle my head around and tap my foot :redface: .

Back