Rampage Jackson is going back to Bellator

Good to hear they worked this out finally. Hope to see him in Bellator and RIZIN.

This was expected a contracts a contract. Just glad it's over.

Page vs Fedor, Davis, Tito or Mcgeary

All work for me

Rampage vs King Mo 2

Rampage vs Wand 4

Rampage vs Fedor

Rampage vs Davis

Rampage vs Tito

Some great fights to make.

Rampage is getting dat Twitch money now. I don't see him being too motivated for these fights. I think he will retire soon and rake in that ez money.

Bellator needs more fighters. They are going to be the rematch kings of the Millennium at this rate.

Some of you should probably be aware he's more than likely never fighting Newton. Hopefully now that Liam is champion he's interested in fighting for the title.

Rampage vs King Mo 2

Rampage vs Wand 4

Rampage vs Fedor

Rampage vs Davis

Rampage vs Tito

Some great fights to make.

I don't like to see rematches for the sake of re-matching.

King Mo matchup should happen if they are fighting for a title, otherwise I think it'll be pretty boring as the first fight. Also, King Mo is a title contender, so I don't risk him losing another bout with Rampage, as Rampage is on a short contract, most likely returning to the UFC as soon as the deal is over. Same issue applies to a bout with Phil Davis...

A bout with Davis makes sense in regards to positioning within the division, but the fight itself doesn't intrigue me. Also, if this is only a 2 fight deal, I'm not sure it makes sense to give Rampage a title shot or match-ups with contenders in the division. If he knocks out a contender and fights for the title, a good chance he leaves for the UFC as the Bellator champ. I don't think they want that.

Wand is no longer able to compete at the same level as Rampage, so that will be a one sided fight I don't want to see. They've also battled 3 times already. There are better matchups for Rampage, as well as better matchups for Wand too.

Fedor matchup in Japan, under the Rizin banner, with Bellator's approval could happen and would be a huge fight for Japan's sake. If Fedor signs with Bellator, you have to factor in a few more things. Fedor is unlikely to fight at LHW, even though there were some reports about it happening and I don't know if you want to have a premiere signing potentially lose a fight to a LHW, who again could walk for the UFC after only 2 fights. I would love to see them battle, just doesn't seem likely within Bellator, but I could see it happening in Japan.

Rampage vs Tito makes the most sense out of all the scenarios. They are both huge draws, so Bellator will get their money's worth with this match up. Secondly, they have never fought each other and so this might be one last chance for fading stars of the sport to have a go at each other. Thirdly, I think it'll be competitive, even thought I think Tito is also fading, but I think he puts up a better fight than Wand. Lastly, you don't really risk anything with the Tito bout, as you would with King Mo and Phil. The division isn't that deep to risk contenders being knocked out, as they will have to fight the same guys over and over again to work their way back up.

I know you didn't say it, but someone mentioned Kimbo Slice and I think for ratings purposes, that also makes a lot of sense. They have never fought before and are huge draws. Kimbo isn't challenging for a title, so super fights with big names is what makes sense for him at his age. Tito will pose more of a challenge, so I think going with Tito is the best bet. Kimbo will probably get knocked out in dramatic fashion, but I think he will go out guns blazing, which is what everyone wants to see.

He should fight Kimbo if Kimbo wins. I know Rampage has said years ago he'd like to have that fight. It would be a big money fight.

Some of you should probably be aware he's more than likely never fighting Newton. Hopefully now that Liam is champion he's interested in fighting for the title.
Pretty much this, it's the main reason Rampage never ended up fighting for that title in 2014.

Davis is next and Mo should get it after that so you could do a few things with Page.

Tito is an option, HW move vs Kimbo, yeah I said it, I'm ashamed to say it but thats a fight Bellator would make. Then obviously Wandy if he gets cleared by the commission.

Or he could go to Rizin and fight Wandy or Fedor.

I dont know if he's gonna be around long enough to work up to a title shot, unless King Mo goes to HW or MW for a title shot I dont see Rampage passing him up for Liam/Davis winner but who knows.
They already took away Ward's title shot, I don't think anybody will care if Phil Davis or King Mo don't get theirs. Putting Davis and King Mo against each other will eliminate a boring contender. Bellator definitely can use Rampage's tournament win as an excuse for the title fight.

Tito and Kimbo fights.....yuck, that might actually happen. As far as RIZIN goes, I prefer to live in the present and watch some relevant fights.

In the fall he said he wanted to fight in Rizin, he never said he wanted Fedor but that could've just been a sign of respect. I don't know if Rampage would take that fight.

He's got 2 new TV shows coming out on UR TV, he's doing his twitch thing, and was recently made into a comic book character, not sure how serious he is about fighting anymore.

To be fair I don't think he had a choice besides this or retire.

By the sounds of it all, he could've got out of his contract if he returned his signing bonus, I believe it was $500k.

Maldonado was the last fight I kinda wanted to see him in in the ufc. The only other options are cans he would crush, elites who would crush him, and young guns who I dont really care about. In Bellator Id love to see him fight Tito or McGeary.

His two fights should be Wand, then Fedor. Then off to the UFC again.

Why do you hate Wand? Fedor fight would be great, though.

Quite the contrary, I'm a big Wand fan. Those are just the two biggest fights for Rampage outside of the UFC, and two fights fans would love to see.

Damn, Rampage hates his employers even when he actually wants to be there.

What's the over / under on how long until we hear the first gripes? 7 weeks?

I am fine with this. The reporter also said it's for a two fight deal so I don't know that Rampage helped himself with his stunt last year.

I prefer some of the fights in Bellator to be honest. I heard all he wanted to do in the UFC was rematches with other old Pride guys and I have zero interest in that.

Why dude, you're a new fan of MMA?

Back