Rampage Jackson is going back to Bellator

Mikedh

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Don't call it a comeback, he's been here under contract for years.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson is returning to Bellator MMA, despite a brief pit stop inside the Octagon at UFC 186, after settling his differences with the Viacom-owned mixed martial arts (MMA) organization.

From the promotion's official statement:

Following an amicable agreement to settle the litigation between the two parties, the always entertaining and exciting Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is returning to Bellator. Bellator MMA is thrilled to have "Rampage," one of the most recognizable fighters in the history of the sport, joining a very competitive light heavyweight division featuring champion Liam McGeary, Phil Davis, King Mo, Tito Ortiz, Emanuel Newton, Linton Vassell among others.

So much for his planned retirement.

No word yet on a possible date for Jackson's next fight, or a potential opponent, but there are plenty of rematches available (like this and this), as well as the ability to scare up some challengers in Rizin.

More on this shortly.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/16/1...bellator-mma-following-amicable-agreement-mma

Hopefully they changed things up so he isn't like there as a prisoner. Excited to see him fight again.

I am fine with this. The reporter also said it's for a two fight deal so I don't know that Rampage helped himself with his stunt last year.

I prefer some of the fights in Bellator to be honest. I heard all he wanted to do in the UFC was rematches with other old Pride guys and I have zero interest in that.

Please let him fight Liam at some point, whether he beats Phil Davis or not.

He doesn't even wanna be there, should be interesting.

Wow this is weird. I would like to see him in Rizin and I'm sure that's why he's ok with This.

cool, maybe now he can fight in both rizin and bellator, the fedor vs rampage fight is at least possible now though maybe unlikely

I am fine with this. The reporter also said it's for a two fight deal so I don't know that Rampage helped himself with his stunt last year.

I prefer some of the fights in Bellator to be honest. I heard all he wanted to do in the UFC was rematches with other old Pride guys and I have zero interest in that.

Rampage vs Newton and Mcgeary would entertain.

If he is serious about MMA there are some good fights for him in Bellator: McGreary, Davis, Newton.

If he just wants to ride out his career with a few entertaining but ultimately meaningless fights: Tito Ortiz, Kimbo, etc.

Bellator really is the right place for Quinton at this time. I don't think that Rampage has the heart for the game to earn another shot at the UFC title.

This is great news.

Wanted to see the SHogun fight again in UFC but that was about it for him in UFC, the Fabio fight wasnt good.

Was stupid to for him to waste the last years of his career in court, good for UFC for not holding him up with the contract he signed with them.

If its a two fight deal then he gets paid and if he has anything left after that maybe he'll end up back in UFC.

For some reason, I kinda wanna see him get that title shot he earned back in 2014.

Liam vs Rampage
Davis vs King Mo

On the England card, that's how I would do it. "I'M A MONSTA!!!!!"

Last edited:
Davis is next and Mo should get it after that so you could do a few things with Page.

Tito is an option, HW move vs Kimbo, yeah I said it, I'm ashamed to say it but thats a fight Bellator would make. Then obviously Wandy if he gets cleared by the commission.

Or he could go to Rizin and fight Wandy or Fedor.

I dont know if he's gonna be around long enough to work up to a title shot, unless King Mo goes to HW or MW for a title shot I dont see Rampage passing him up for Liam/Davis winner but who knows.

Fedor vs Rampage would do HUGE numbers, im all for it. Make it happen!

Over/under on how many days before he starts complaining again?

They basically listed their entire LHW roster, those guys will end up fighting each other over and over.

He's got two fights: Fedor and Wand.

DO IT.

He's got two fights but who?! Houston Alexander? Virgil Zwicker? No! Chris the crippler Leben

Back