• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Development of the War Dogs:

1) I have a whole team there including 3 Pros and an assistant Coach who want me there.

2) You dont need a car to live in Oslo

3) Tax-paid University for my kids.

4) Universal health care.

5) UBI
The older I get I realize America isnt all its cracked out to be. Do you and Dadi still work together?

The older I get I realize America isnt all its cracked out to be. Do you and Dadi still work together?

Yes we still communicate regularly over messengers. I'm trying to get a Discord channel going that has access to both of us at same time.

And about America:

My Son had his Amateur debut today. Man when I moved to Vegas I never anticipated I would end up Coaching and launching my own Son's venture into boxing. When I first started posting here I didnt even have a girlfriend lol

Blue corner. I thought he did well for his first bout. He's a sensitive kid who can be unsure of himself under pressure, but you've seen some of the work we've been putting in. He handled the punches well, and didnt cry. 20 minutes after the fight he asked me 2 or 3 times when he could fight again:

Also this:

BTW, that's Sal's channel above. Feel free to subscribe, we will be posting all of his adventures in Sports being as he plays more than one.

That was awesome! I can only imagine how you've felt during the whole bout. Probably very proud but also at the verge of a heart attack lol

Was the other kid debuting, too? Both of them crazy good, the other kid just seemed a bit more calm during the exchanges.

So how do you approach the whole thing now? Just keep things flowing as it is and let him fight again believing that he having that first experience will have benefits on its own or you'll be more meticulous about the why's and how's about the result? And also, how frequent do you believe is healthy for a kid that young to get in the ring?

lol sorry for all the questions. I don't work with kids as of now, but I can see I'm doing it in the future.

That was awesome! I can only imagine how you've felt during the whole bout. Probably very proud but also at the verge of a heart attack lol

Was the other kid debuting, too? Both of them crazy good, the other kid just seemed a bit more calm during the exchanges.

So how do you approach the whole thing now? Just keep things flowing as it is and let him fight again believing that he having that first experience will have benefits on its own or you'll be more meticulous about the why's and how's about the result? And also, how frequent do you believe is healthy for a kid that young to get in the ring?

lol sorry for all the questions. I don't work with kids as of now, but I can see I'm doing it in the future.

Junior boxing is all about experience. I'm trying not to repeat mistakes of every overzealous Dad-Coach I've ever seen who are super intense and burn their kid out because "ALL WE DO IS WIN11!!"

At their age they dont really have the strength to significantly hurt each other so they can box fairly often. And by hurt I mean move each other's heads. The other kid I train his age hits very very hard FOR his age but hasnt managed to really rattle anyone. They're pretty imprecise.

From here we just refine things in the gym that should lead to victories. I wont push him to win at this point. If he WANTS to win that's where the focus will be for himself.

This is Saul. He wants to start competing in tbr Amateurs pretty soon. White gear, this was an open sparring night we had at another gym. The other guy has way more experience so he wasnt going all-out:

Hey sorry I haven't been around here in a bit. Will provide an update soon.

Right now I have 2 Norwegians in town who are in a camp with one of my local amateurs, they're sparring wirh Carlos Adames, who trains with Ismael Salas:

Its rough work, dude is really really good, sharp, quick, intelligent, and hits hard.

I didnt realize we can upload pics now:

Messenger_creation_2fe974c4-1bda-404c-9598-b950c1f0fa61.jpeg

The two Norwegians on the left, Carlos, a former student of mine who was there to spar, and my current student Angel on the furthest right.

Last edited:
Not sure you need to point out the Norwegians, coach! Haha
Dude you should see Adames in action. Its crazy. He hurt Alex Martinssen, who is a LHW, more than Robin Safar did. And Robin is a LHW who walks around at about 215lbs and is fighting Kovalev. Adames is a Middleweignt lol.

He sets up big shots with clever traps, so its never obvious what's coming aside from that he has his favored punches, but then you dont know when they're coming. It's very disarming for me because I cant help them much aside from the old "watch out ya don't get killed kid." But to his credit if he hurts them he makes the initiative gestures of finishing it, then chooses not to. Very poised and composed.

My contact for this sparring is Thomas Dulorme, who lost a barn-burner to Ugas. He told us that within 3 fights they expect Adames to push for Title unification since he has the WBC strap already

Last edited:
Here is my Son's second Amateur fight. This is an interesting story because on the Wednesday before the show he agreed to go to weigh-ins to get his passbook (he has never been handed it and we still do not have it, but that's another tale). He even said this in front of his Mom, who sometimes he tells different things than he tells me. So that Friday, he had forgotten he told me that and put it into his head that he was going to stay up late watching a movie and eating snacks. So he threw a level 10 fit when I told him he had to go to bed to be up for weigh-ins. He said "there's no point, I'm not even matched"...and said some pretty vile little kid having a fit sh*t to me. I expected my wife to intervene because sometimes she likes to save the boys from me, but she HEARD him say it.

He went to bed hating me, but I woke him up and as we drove there I just calmly explained to him: "You agreed to go, and then I gave them my word we will be there. We're not gonna be those guys to just go back on our word." He understood and weighed in. We go to eat and come back and lo-and-behold he is matched. He couldn't believe it, even though I told him before covid weigh-ins were open, they're just now starting to do that again. But he was matched.

During the first round I felt he was very off because mentally he REALLY didnt expect to fight. But much to my surprise he looked better each round. Afterwards he said "You know Dad, if I would have did what I wanted, I wouldn't have my first win."

Yup:

Back