Rakim is the best rapper of all time

Just look at these classics, he is the best and he will remain as the best for a very damn long time.

DMX's favourite rapper

He is a real sentence engineer

"Timeless, age dont count in the booth, when your flow submerges in the fountain of youth."
-Rakim the GOAT MC

Anybody that disagrees with this is wrong.

my favorite nas song is when he wrote the song from the POV of a gun.

big pun is in my opinion the best rapper ever up there with eminem and xzibit.

Rakim's first three albums have almost no substance to them as far as lyrical subject matter. I wouldn't put him at that level. He's the Royce Gracie of rap to me, laying the foundation for high level emcees.

Lot of good names mentioned in this thread. One of my favorites of the modern era is Phonte. Especially his grown man subject matter.

Last edited:
People have to understand rap was evolving. In the beginning, you rapped about yourself...bravado...what you could do on the mic. Could you rock a party? Run DMC were rock stars. People like Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick, were entertainers. Rakim was a flowmaster. A lot of guys mentioned in this thread are great word masters, but their delivery and voice can’t touch Rakim. Some of them try to do too much....that’s also why I loved EPMD....simple and clever as fuck, but they weren’t MCs....didn’t have the tone. Rakim had it all. Nas, Biggie and Tupac were the evolution of that. Then Eminem.

1 of them

1862993276-Big-L-rapper-image-006.png

So because of this thread i went on a bit hip hop binge (high of course) and i just wanna say Reggie Noble is the man.
and Gza is of course a genius.

Rakim's first three albums have almost no substance to them as far as lyrical subject matter. I wouldn't put him at that level. He's the Royce Gracie of rap to me, laying the foundation for high level emcees.

Lot of good names mentioned in this thread. One of my favorites of the modern era is Phonte. Especially his grown man subject matter.
Powerful Big brother

Phonte is a good call, dude is an all rounder as well

<{monica}>

G O A T

That "Sharia law on my cherie amour/ how much hypocrisy could people possibly ignore" bar is one of my favourites of the last decade.

Daylyt can be a weirdo (and I'm not claiming he's one of the best), but he's got too many quotables on this. Too many to pick up in one listen

Back