Mystro
Skinny Man
Kyza

Groups
Mud Fam
London Zoo
Double D Dagger
The IRS

I think some Grime MCs and groups are good though and I'd have a lot of them on my list
I'd have to add Rodney P and Blade as well. Hijack for one of the best groups also

Dabbla is one of the best around at the minute, dude is one hell of a wordsmith.
LDZ are dope

And Lewis Parker as an all rounder

Shit I forgot Cappo too, Heavy Bronx Experience, P Brothers!

I was always more of a Buckshot dude; he just rides the beat so damn well. Whenever people say Nas I'm like you better come on.

I can't find the "I Ain't No Joke" cover that precedes this track without all that Funkmaster Flex garbage added to it, but I kinda consider BDI Rakin's spiritual successor.

Rakim is in my top 20 favorites.

He is not in my top 20 Lyrically Greatest although he definitely has skills.

He is in my top 10 Overall Greatest because of his impact, influence and having raised the bar.

I saw him in concert recently. I tried uploading a video file but no success

Last edited:
I was always more of a Buckshot dude; he just rides the beat so damn well. Whenever people say Nas I'm like you better come on.

I can't find the "I Ain't No Joke" cover that precedes this track without all that Funkmaster Flex garbage added to it, but I kinda consider BDI Rakin's spiritual successor.

I may be biased here, I am from Queens.

I'm a Tupac fan and will continue to ride for him but a great argument can be made for Nas.

1. Notorious B.I.G.
  2. Jay Z. ...
  3. Eminem. ...
  4. Rakim. ...
  5. Nas. ...
  6. Andre 3000. ...
  7. Lauryn Hill. ... Shout out to a female
  8. Ghostface Killah.
  9. Kendrick
  10. Lil Wayne

I may be biased here, I am from Queens.
I feel like more people are on your side worldwide tho. I RARELY hear BCC lauded, so they are definitely within my bias.

I think Redman gets almost enough respect, but you know whom else I don't ever hear mentioned? Posdnuos -- witty and a pleasure to hear. De La Soul is my heart.

Just look at these classics, he is the best and he will remain as the best for a very damn long time.

DMX's favourite rapper

He is a real sentence engineer

"Timeless, age dont count in the booth, when your flow submerges in the fountain of youth."
-Rakim the GOAT MC

I think Nas, who was pretty much Rakim 2.0 was better. Tracks like I gave you power and rewind were just lyrical brilliance, and those were not even a part of his classic work of art, Illmatic. He wrote that album between the ages of 17-19... That in itself is an outstanding feat considering the complexity of his lyrics and wordplay. Nas Imo is the g.o.a.t lyricist. Nobody came up with the concepts he did or wove a picture of a city in the same fashion. Only biggie and Jay can compare, but Nas Imo weaved lyrics like no other. University professors dissect his lyrics. Nuff said.

I feel like more people are on your side worldwide tho. I RARELY hear BCC lauded, so they are definitely within my bias.

I think Redman gets almost enough respect, but you know whom else I don't ever hear mentioned? Posdnuos -- witty and a pleasure to hear. De La Soul is my heart.

I'm not connoisseur of the rap/hip hop game, not by any stretch. I'm a metalhead first & foremost, but I studied music growing up, & growing up here in NY, hip hop is a culture, along with many other music ganres. there are so many 'flavors' all around us & ingrained into us, so it's not hard to appreciate all of them.

Depends on what your going for.

Wordplay and layering multiple meanings - Lupe Fiasco
Syntax and Cipher
-Earl Sweatshirt

Just look at these classics, he is the best and he will remain as the best for a very damn long time.

DMX's favourite rapper

He is a real sentence engineer

"Timeless, age dont count in the booth, when your flow submerges in the fountain of youth."
-Rakim the GOAT MC

<{ohyeah}>

My :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back