Rakim is the best rapper of all time

No one ever talks about Mos Def any more, but he could have been one of the greats

He pissed a lot of people off with his no show attitude, but he was a genuinely talented guy and a true hip hop fan to boot.

@Threetrees @INTERL0PER @BFoe

Being a fan of Black Thought, I was blown away when I first heard this.
Who the fuck else would be able to spit one of Black Thoughts toughest rhymes, word for word, without skipping a lyric and doing it faster than Thought himself

Even Black Thought can't stop smiling through out, hype shit

Mos def is very underrated
One of the most thoughtful rappers, and probably the best of the conscious rappers I think

Blackstar remains a 10/10 album even today

Mos def is very underrated
One of the most thoughtful rappers, and probably the best of the conscious rappers I think

Blackstar remains a 10/10 album even today
Agree all round, Black On Both Sides is a great album too.

What happened to Talib though man, dude seemed to get lost musically, seems like he lost all notion of what good production was. He was up there with the best for a while, Reflection Eternal... Oooh boy that was awesome

I'll make a poll about this in the near future. So we can see what the numbers will look like.

I almost pressed play today. Maybe tomorrow.
Haha you definitely should. He's got it all; great flow, nice beats (all made by one woman, Nell, who's in most of his videos), intricate wordplay, and a real message. He got in to hip hop to provide a good role model for kids like him who are growing up in projects and other fucked up environments. His music is a vehicle for his message. He talks all the time about he doesn't really care about being the best rapper or anything like that.

Plus he's prolific as fuck. Often releases a new song every week.

Some of his songs are a bit soft for me, gets a bit to far in to RnB ballad land, but a lot of his songs are bangers.

Here's another, with verses from his wife (Fat, the chick with braids) and Nell (the beat maker, with the afro)...

And his NPR Tiny Desk performance, to show he can hold it down live, with the band he tours with. Gives him a vibe not unlike The Roots. His back up singers are just outrageously good...

I pressed play. I could fucks wit it. But DeLa did the look first.
If there's any De La in there, I'm sure it's a conscious reference. Give him another shot, imo.

Check my post above this for another couple tracks.

Nas is on the intercontinental level.

He is an all-timer, but dude ain't no heavyweight champ.
Nasty Nas' problem is that his first album is so great the rest of his career drops of so dramatically.

Haha you definitely should. He's got it all; great flow, nice beats (all made by one woman, Nell, who's in most of his videos), intricate wordplay, and a real message. He got in to hip hop to provide a good role model for kids like him who are growing up in projects and other fucked up environments. His music is a vehicle for his message. He talks all the time about he doesn't really care about being the best rapper or anything like that.

Plus he's prolific as fuck. Often releases a new song every week.

Some of his songs are a bit soft for me, gets a bit to far in to RnB ballad land, but a lot of his songs are bangers.

Here's another, with verses from his wife (Fat, the chick with braids) and Nell (the beat maker, with the afro)...

And his NPR Tiny Desk performance, to show he can hold it down live, with the band he tours with. Gives him a vibe not unlike The Roots. His back up singers are just outrageously good...

I finally listened and its about what I thought. I respect the skills but its not for me I've never been into conscious/thought type rap. Do your thing tho I'm not knockin it.

I finally listened and its about what I thought. I respect the skills but its not for me I've never been into conscious/thought type rap. Do your thing tho I'm not knockin it.

Hespec'

{<redford}

Back