Rafael dos Anjos: "I KO'd Ben Henderson and I'm gonna do the same to Pettis"

I got Pettis in this one but not for a second doubtin RDA he definitely has the ability to put Pettis away. he's a fucken beast....

I think this is Pettis most dangerous fight so far

im rootin for dos anjos.

The improvements hes made are very noticeable.

Guy got athletic out of no were with improved stand up

RDA saying he's going to do something that's never been done before.

Who am I to doubt him.

RDA saying he's going to do something that's never been done before.

Who am I to doubt him.

In his defence, if Pettis is KOable, he is one of those who could potentially do it.

Not saying he will, but he has a decent chance.

I really think RDA has a good chance of beating Pettis. Can he finish him though ? I'm not sure.

My main question right now is who the fuck Khabib is gonna fight when he comes back in April/May ?

Rooting for RDA, but believing Pettis will finish him via head cick + follow up punches.

Pettis smashed everyone, dont see RDA doing any better than Gil or Cowboy

RDA has grown enough to take this one, both on the feet and on the ground

Khabib or cowboy rematch next followed by another Pettis fight to shut up the haters... and the new LW goat is born.

Aldo superfight follows (yes still Aldo)

Can you elaborate on this experience?

Gil really didn't do anything wrong. Gil fought the kind of fight you're supposed to fight against a guy who is a better striker. Bendo tried the same thing. Gil did it better. So what happens to RDA? He gets it better for an extra round? Plus, he's not the same caliber or grappler as Gil from what I've seen. So his odds in the grappling department are not as good. And striking, we know Pettis is better. RDA needs another strategy. Not wall and stall. I'm thinking clinching. He can win if he's willing to win ugly.

I watch his fights. He's looked a lot more impressive these days, but I don't consider him a top 3 striker.

Who was he landing these combos on? No name training partner?

Who do you have as the top strikers in at 155?

I agree with the spit who said that RDA's "pressure" probably won't look like Gil's pressure.

Gil's pressure was basically to close the distance, wing bombs and dive for Pettis's legs.

RDA, being much more technical in the standup, will likely pick his spots. I wager it'll look more like Cain vs. JDS in terms of mixing up strikes and wrestling rather than Gil vs. Pettis where it was just plow forward, wing strikes, and dive for double legs.

Who do you have as the top strikers in at 155?

I have to retract my statement. I looked at the roster and I have to be honest. RDA may not be as flashy as guys like Barboza, but he is in the top 3 for 155.

That said, he's just not on the same level as Pettis in the striking department. And, he's not on the same level of grappling as Bendo or Gil. So yeah, he got the KO victory over Benson because he's a better striker than Benson. He beat Cerrone because he was a more complete fighter. But he doesn't have the right combination of skills for Pettis despite his improved striking.

I have to retract my statement. I looked at the roster and I have to be honest. RDA may not be as flashy as guys like Barboza, but he is in the top 3 for 155.

That said, he's just not on the same level as Pettis in the striking department. And, he's not on the same level of grappling as Bendo or Gil. So yeah, he got the KO victory over Benson because he's a better striker than Benson. He beat Cerrone because he was a more complete fighter. But he doesn't have the right combination of skills for Pettis despite his improved striking.

lol What on earth makes you think he's not a better grappler than Bendo or Gil?

He easily controlled Cerrone on the ground which is no easy feat and was fending off a grappling beast like Khabib on the ground until he gassed.

lol What on earth makes you think he's not a better grappler than Bendo or Gil?

He easily controlled Cerrone on the ground which is no easy feat and was fending off a grappling beast like Khabib on the ground until he gassed.

Pedigree. Fight style. He did well against Cerrone on the ground, but his top game was jiu jitsu. His takedown off the cage was basic. Those take downs are not getting Pettis to the ground. And fending off Khabib? You mean, not getting finished?

Back