Rafael dos Anjos: "I KO'd Ben Henderson and I'm gonna do the same to Pettis"

I'm not sure how you could reasonably conclude this barring a crystal ball or living in Pettis' knees.

Pettis has had what amounted to a torn pcl and a sprained lcl.

A sprained lcl is virtually nothing. He could have fought against Aldo that next month. UFC conservatively forced him out of it.

In the Bendo fight he sprained his pcl, then before it was healed tore it all the way thru in subsequent training. That's one injury, and his only major one to his knees/legs. Provided there were no complications in the surgery, and he gave his knee the proper rest (TUF may have been a blessing in disguise), he should be fine long-term. He'd have to suffer another major knee injury or two to start reasonably making predictions like Pettis will be the next Shogun. Shogun fought with a major knee injury against Forrest and had 3 knee surgeries. That sounds more like Cain. The first major knee injury/surgery typically doesn't derail a career. And before the sprained lcl a year and a half ago, Pettis said he never had a knee injury. If you think his style foretells injuries to the knee, acrobatics or vicious kicks are not how he's ever injured his knee. It was bjj and getting leg kicked himself.

I don't know man...knees are funny things...then tend to have that snowball effect with injuries you know.

lol What on earth makes you think he's not a better grappler than Bendo or Gil?

He easily controlled Cerrone on the ground which is no easy feat and was fending off a grappling beast like Khabib on the ground until he gassed.

Pedigree. Fight style. He did well against Cerrone on the ground, but his top game was jiu jitsu. His takedown off the cage was basic. Those take downs are not getting Pettis to the ground. And fending off Khabib? You mean, not getting finished?

Nah, I like both guys. I was favoring pettis until I saw RDA last night. 50/50 fight imo. RDA's TST and he was throwing crazy combinations yesterday, specifically for pettis.
how do you know that?
training at Kings?

Back