Rafael dos Anjos: "I KO'd Ben Henderson and I'm gonna do the same to Pettis"

Anything can happen.

I think Pettis takes this fight impressively like he has with all of his past couple of fights, but I wouldn't be surprised if RDA took it.

I'm interested to see what RDA's plan will be. I don't think he's going to stand the whole time, RDA's stand-up has become so much better than it ever was but Pettis is just too good there, too many weapons, no point in fighting fire with fire, especially when the other guy burns brighter in that aspect.

glad he's confident, but the only way he survives UFC 185 is if pettis is injured and can't fight. pettis will win this fight convincingly.

I believe in dos anjos

worth noting tough that dos anjos will not be the first brazilian to be ranked #1 at LW if he beats Pettis. Shaolin was ranked #1 for a while, as was Marus Aurelio I believe. JZ Calvan was also ranked pretty high in his prime.

I thought he said the first brazilian UFC LW champ?

i like RDA and his win over Bendo was very impressive but i doubt he is going to k.o Pettis since Pettis has one hell of a chin and well hes never been remotely close to being knocked out

that being said RDA seems to have a chin too and his striking has improved a lot what he needs to do is worry about the submissions because Gil tried that same pressure technique and we all know how that turned out

if he plans to press anthony and keep pressuring him agains the cage,he will have early success like gil,but will get finish later. he is faster than cerrone,but still not as fast as pettis. he has wrestling edge over pettis,but that is all

if he plans to press anthony and keep pressuring him agains the cage,he will have early success like gil,but will get finish later. he is faster than cerrone,but still not as fast as pettis. he has wrestling edge over pettis,but that is all

What if he's watched the gil fight and has already addressed what gil did wrong?

couldnt even get past nate diaz guard....lol jk

Very technical breakdown by RDA. :icon_lol:

Or it could go down like this

jeremy-stephens_rafael-dos-anjos.gif

The only common thing you'll have with Benson is being on Pettis's highlight reel.

Nah, I like both guys. I was favoring pettis until I saw RDA last night. 50/50 fight imo. RDA's TST and he was throwing crazy combinations yesterday, specifically for pettis.

Take a trip to Roufusport in this beautiful Wisconsin weather. Then maybe it will be 90/10 Pettis after you see Showtime train. Equal-time....it's only fair.

If Anthony Pettis has the best standup at 155 then RDA is also up there. At least top 3. This should be Anthony's toughest fight so far. RDA is dangerous I really don't think many of you are watching the fights.

Of course I'm still rooting for Pettis to end it in fashion.

yeah cause KO Bendo and Pettis is the same thing.

Take a trip to Roufusport in this beautiful Wisconsin weather. Then maybe it will be 90/10 Pettis after you see Showtime train. Equal-time....it's only fair.

I'm pretty sure anthony is better than anything i can think of in my imagination.
Best striker in MMA imo

He's still in trouble in my mind. So is dos Anjos. That's why this fight is awesome

"If I let him fight, he will throw those dangerous kicks. Anthony is very creative and I think that if I don't let him breath, keep pressuring him agains the cage, keep hitting him, it's going to intimidate him a little. I have to do my game and move forward, which is what I've been doing in my last fights"

That's what Bendo and Gil thought. Didn't work out for them. I doubt it will be any better for RDA.

I'm still thinking Pettis is going to have a Shogun like fall from grace sooner rather than later because of his knees. Maybe RDA will be the lucky guy who catches him at the start of it.

I'm not sure how you could reasonably conclude this barring a crystal ball or living in Pettis' knees.

Pettis has had what amounted to a torn pcl and a sprained lcl.

A sprained lcl is virtually nothing. He could have fought against Aldo that next month. UFC conservatively forced him out of it.

In the Bendo fight he sprained his pcl, then before it was healed tore it all the way thru in subsequent training. That's one injury, and his only major one to his knees/legs. Provided there were no complications in the surgery, and he gave his knee the proper rest (TUF may have been a blessing in disguise), he should be fine long-term. He'd have to suffer another major knee injury or two to start reasonably making predictions like Pettis will be the next Shogun. Shogun fought with a major knee injury against Forrest and had 3 knee surgeries. That sounds more like Cain. The first major knee injury/surgery typically doesn't derail a career. And before the sprained lcl a year and a half ago, Pettis said he never had a knee injury. If you think his style foretells injuries to the knee, acrobatics or vicious kicks are not how he's ever injured his knee. It was bjj and getting leg kicked himself.

Or it could go down like this

jeremy-stephens_rafael-dos-anjos.gif

Maybe, but he's a different fighter now. 8-1 in his last 9 with wins over the likes of Bendo, Cowboy, Diaz, and Dunham. Should be a stern test for Pettis.

Back