Rafael dos Anjos: "I KO'd Ben Henderson and I'm gonna do the same to Pettis"

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Combate

dosanjos2.jpg

"I'm really excited with this opportunity, it's going to be 5 fights in a little more than a year for me, I'm loving it and really motivated. I like to be the underdog, I'm used to it. That's something that motivates me even more and I know that in this fight against Pettis it's not going to be different, I'm sure I'll be the underdog. But I fight well against top level. I KO'd Ben Henderson, and with Pettis it's not going to be different, I'm gonna do the same. I want to make history, I'm gonna be the first brazilian to win the lightweight title and as the days pass by, I'm even more sure about it"

On gameplan for Pettis:
"If I let him fight, he will throw those dangerous kicks. Anthony is very creative and I think that if I don't let him breath, keep pressuring him agains the cage, keep hitting him, it's going to intimidate him a little. I have to do my game and move forward, which is what I've been doing in my last fights"

On being managed by Ali Abdelaziz (Also Khabib's manager)
"He's someone who helped me a lot. Since I've been working with him, things are going fast in my life. We already talked and if I have to face Khabib, it's not a problem. I think it is going to happen because I don't want to die with this loss. Khabib even likes my stuff on Instagram sometimes. Ali says he's cool, but I say I'll only be his friend after I beat him. Ali also says he's gonna get us a good sponsorsphip money and watch us fight from his home so we can get our stuff together inside the octagon"

He also talks about being injured in his fight against Nate Diaz, the improvements Rafael Cordeiro made in his game and the MMA Awards 2015.

Gotta give him credit, years ago nobody even thought of him as a contender now he's fighting for the title, respect. I think he has a decent chance because he's able to work his gameplan and stick to it.

That was yesterday and I was right next to him. Pretty funny

I hope he does it. Throw the whole division for a loop...be a fun little upset.

He's already in great shape and they were drilling for Pettis yesterday. He can pull it off. Pettis is the man though

Nah son. Pettis' striking is on a whole different level than Benderson's.

Nah son. Pettis' striking is on a whole different level than Benderson's.

So is Dos Anjos. A lot of people don't know, but he trained in Thailand at Yodtangs. Arguably the best Muay Thai gym in history. Samart, Dekkers, etc.

He's already in great shape and they were drilling for Pettis yesterday. He can pull it off. Pettis is the man though

I'm still thinking Pettis is going to have a Shogun like fall from grace sooner rather than later because of his knees. Maybe RDA will be the lucky guy who catches him at the start of it.

AV/Sig bet?

Nah, I like both guys. I was favoring pettis until I saw RDA last night. 50/50 fight imo. RDA's TST and he was throwing crazy combinations yesterday, specifically for pettis.

RDA could take Pettis in a drawn out fight. However, Pettis I the much more dangerous fighter. Gilbert wanted to pressure the champ against the cage as well. Pettis is a genius at finding an opening and capitalizing. RDA would need to make 0 mistakes facing him.

He's hyping the fight. He can't exactly say 'I'm gonna get my ass kicked.'

RDA might just catch Pettis sleeping here... Gus did it to Jones, Dilla did it to Barao, Forrest did it to rampage. Some guys just rise to the occasion

Nah, I like both guys. I was favoring pettis until I saw RDA last night. 50/50 fight imo. RDA's TST and he was throwing crazy combinations yesterday, specifically for pettis.

Meh, going with Pettis by destruction. The only one that can give Pettis a fight at this point is Khabib and I doubt he can last five rounds.

IM really impressed by both of these fighters and can't wait for this to happen. I think Pettis is a little more dangerous in finding the slightest openings but RDA could also win this fight. Will be an awesome match.

RDA could take Pettis in a drawn out fight. However, Pettis I the much more dangerous fighter. Gilbert wanted to pressure the champ against the cage as well. Pettis is a genius at finding an opening and capitalizing. RDA would need to make 0 mistakes facing him.

All I can say from my experience yesterday is that gilbert's "Pressure" will look nothing like RDA's.

I believe in dos anjos

worth noting tough that dos anjos will not be the first brazilian to be ranked #1 at LW if he beats Pettis. Shaolin was ranked #1 for a while, as was Marus Aurelio I believe. JZ Calvan was also ranked pretty high in his prime.

Not me I want LW to have someone on top for a while. Plus I love the way Anthony fights and if he's champ he'll constantly keep fighting the best which only seems to bring out the best in him.

Back