Question for those who are mad at Diego

If you want a basketball equivalent it'd be like having a foul at the end of a game and then refusing to take the free throws to win because you're a big tough guy and can take the foul.
That'd be insane.

Diego should have flopped to the ground. Brok Weaver isn't getting any hate, I'm sure he could have fought on if given 5 mintes to recover from getting knocked out by an illegal knee 30 mins before the Sanchez one.
So you think someone will be right to fight, five minutes after getting knocked out? This ain't the movies.

nah
He was kneed in the face and busted open. You obvi don’t train or fight yourself so talk what you know brother lol

stay in your lane
Can we please kill this do you even train shit. You dont have to have ever trained to observe what is going on in front of your eyes. Some observers watch it as meticulously as some fighters. Its cringy self promo. Congrats. You train. Don't ask me if I have. Its irrelevant

So you think someone will be right to fight, five minutes after getting knocked out? This ain't the movies.

Try reading it again, if you really think that's what I'm saying then you got it wrong.

Can we please kill this do you even train shit. You dont have to have ever trained to observe what is going on in front of your eyes. Some observers watch it as meticulously as some fighters. Its cringy self promo. Congrats. You train. Don't ask me if I have. Its irrelevant
Nah it’s very relevant. It’s a fact. And you say that because you haven’t trained baby

I thought it was cowardly (in the realm of combat sports), but I understand it and it made the whole debacle entertaining to watch.

Sucks for the other guy but it is what it is.....

Nah it’s very relevant. It’s a fact. And you say that because you haven’t trained baby
Nah fam you make that assumption as to what you think you know about a stranger as you are seeking validation for your training. You wont get it from me brudda I dont give a fuck what you do. Me I'm not here for that validation. I'm here to discuss fights. Not me. The UFC and Bellator. The next time you choose to make an assumption about me just ask. I will tell you, or just tell you get off my dick. At this point probably the latter

stop reading at the soccer reference, nobody consider diving a legit tactic, and the team/player who win a game via an unearned penalty/ red card for the opposite team, will get an insane amount of shit from the supporters, so kinda of answered your own question there
and to the point, i'm not mad at diego, perreira cost himself the victory here, but the fact is diego took the easy way out, and considering the money involved for him that's the right decision, but that's not what you expect from a fighter, simple as that, you watch fight to...you know...see people fight
only thing that bother me is that he kept on the tough guy routine when the decision was read like his "win" was somehow legit

Nah fam you make that assumption as to what you think you know about a stranger as you are seeking validation for your training. You wont get it from me brudda I dont give a fuck what you do. Me I'm not here for that validation. I'm here to discuss fights. Not me. The UFC and Bellator. The next time you choose to make an assumption about me just ask. I will tell you, or just tell you get off my dick. At this point probably the latter
So you don’t know anything about this and you’re talking out of turn baby lol

have a few fights and talk about that. Until then just be a fan and talk about conor

So you don’t know anything about this and you’re talking out of turn baby lol

have a few fights and talk about that. Until then just be a fan and talk about conor
No fam I think I would be a little more of a subject matter expert on what Black people find offensive. Being Black and all that kinda helps. So in regards to speaking out of turn I think you should do more paying attention and less typing. Thanks in advance

Manipulation of, even exploitation of, rules is part of every sport.

In basketball, players often put themselves in positions that draw certain fouls. Forcing charge calls, and 1 calls, etc.

In soccer, the infamous diving is also used as a tactic to get ahead.

List goes on.

My question is, why is what Diego did any different? As a sportsman, he found himself in a situation in which no rule was getting broken on his part and one which would result in him getting an automatic W.

He's in a serious sports competition, combat sport at that, down on score cards, and in a situation where realistically was his only chance to come out victorious.

Why the disapproval?

And for those who might feel comparing mma to these other sports isn't a fair comparison, let's compare it to recent Mma fights that had similar situations: Ben rothwell vs Stefan struve, and (the one that comes up in other topics too) Anthony Smith vs Jon Jones. It did neither guy any good to do the supposed "right thing."

There was zero incentive and zero reward after to continue. In all these cases. Why then is it so wrong what Diego did?
People are also hated in other sports for these antics you dummy. How can you write this much with so little actual thought?

Back