Movies Quentin Tarantino's Final Film? The Movie Critic

He did say that he had written several episodes of Bounty Law. But while he did say that he plans to make a TV show sometime after The Movie Critic he refused to say exactly what it would be, so it remains a mystery.
Hopefully he doesn't just stop with one. He said he was gonna retire from making movies, but he said he would continue on with writing books, stage plays, and TV shows. So hopefully we get Bounty Law and a bunch of other stuff too. I see no reason why Kill Bill Vol 3 couldn't be a limited run TV show.

Hopefully he doesn't just stop with one. He said he was gonna retire from making movies, but he said he would continue on with writing books, stage plays, and TV shows. So hopefully we get Bounty Law and a bunch of other stuff too. I see no reason why Kill Bill Vol 3 couldn't be a limited run TV show.

Same...I'll take everything I can get from him.

Unfortunately, based on what he said on the final episode of Mick Garris' podcast released last December, we won't be getting The Films of Rick Dalton book which was something I was really looking forward to.

Same...I'll take everything I can get from him.

Unfortunately, based on what he said on the final episode of Mick Garris' podcast released last December, we won't be getting The Films of Rick Dalton book which was something I was really looking forward to.
Did he say why not?

Ugh

<Hendricks02>

I hate when people in showbiz think that way. It stifles creativity.
I mean he is probably right.

Not enough people would probably care about that,even though it would be cool to see.

I dont think his creativity is stifled though. QT doesnt lack for that.

I mean he is probably right.

Not enough people would probably care about that,even though it would be cool to see.

I dont think his creativity is stifled though. QT doesnt lack for that.
Yeah but imagine how many cool books we'd get from him if he just did them and didn't worry about the bottom line. But that's Hollywood as a whole. They're too worried about the bottom line. It's one of the many things they do that ends up handicapping potential.

But true, QT is probably one of the most creative people in showbiz and also one of the most "gives no fucks" artists there is.

He's almost 60 and he's a perfectionist so he probably doesn't have that many more left in him before he retires to some tropical Island somewhere sipping on some Mojitos and chilling in board shorts in the beach.

He's almost 60 and he's a perfectionist so he probably doesn't have that many more left in him before he retires to some tropical Island somewhere sipping on some Mojitos and chilling in board shorts in the beach.
And watching his own movies over and over.

True. I understand his point, but I wish he would cater to his nerd fans.

I actually recommend listening to the podcast. Tarantino goes fairly in depth on his writing/directing process and his love for the Rick Dalton character and the exhaustive research that went into creating the character.

LINK:
https://thenewbev.com/quentin-news/post-mortem-podcast-with-mick-garris/
Listened to it. Was good. The thing QT does for me that literally no one else does is get me excited for movies and filmmaking. His love of it is so infectious, it gets me super hyped.

Listened to it. Was good. The thing QT does for me that literally no one else does is get me excited for movies and filmmaking. His love of it is so infectious, it gets me super hyped.

Tarantino follows a simple recipe for his films, interesting characters, excellent dialogue, excellent score, good/great endings.

Tarantino is talented enough to make easy paychecks remaking terrible/average movies into good/great films. It's a shame he doesn't do more or want to do more but I respect the quality over quantity approach.

Same for me. Because of his numerous interviews and podcast appearances, I have come away with so many recommendations and become a fan of so many actors, directors, genres etc that I likely never would have come across otherwise.

His appearances on the Pure Cinema Podcast* are particularly great for picking up recommendations.

Someone compiled lists for two of the appearances, one was for an episode the did on Kung-Fu films:
https://letterboxd.com/lobsterjohnson/list/every-kung-fu-film-mentioned-on-quentin-tarantinos/

And another for an episode they did about final films of great directors:
https://letterboxd.com/purecinemapod/list/final-films-w-quentin-tarantino/

I think there are 6 or 7 episodes with Tarantino, they are all worth listening to.

*the podcast associated with Tarantino's New Beverly Cinema

Last edited:
Yep. His movies can go anywhere. You never fuckin know. Fuckin anything could happen. No rules.

I love how easy they dispatched Jody in Hateful 8. He was built up as such a big heavy,and for sure he turned the whole movie upside down when he revealed himself in the cellar...but its hilarious that they shoot him as soon as he pops his head out. They had no reason whatsoever not to do that,but you dont expect it to happen,not conditioned to it because of how his backstory had just been revealed and basically how most movies are made.

I have a feeling if he does "retire" after this he might just end up doing a lot of "specials" on streaming, kind of a "QT presents" on Netflix or something were you get similar kinds of stories told in a shorter form on a small scale.

Ironic thing is though I think he's actuallty become more "cinematic" in his last couple of films, Hateful 8 and Hollywood I think depended more strongly on how they looked than anything he'd made previously besides perhaps Kill Bill.

I have a feeling if he does "retire" after this he might just end up doing a lot of "specials" on streaming, kind of a "QT presents" on Netflix or something were you get similar kinds of stories told in a shorter form on a small scale.

Ironic thing is though I think he's actuallty become more "cinematic" in his last couple of films, Hateful 8 and Hollywood I think depended more strongly on how they looked than anything he'd made previously besides perhaps Kill Bill.
He def utilized some long silent/ambient shots like you'd see in 70s westerns,that most directors are afraid to do today

He def utilized some long silent/ambient shots like you'd see in 70s westerns,that most directors are afraid to do today
I'm guessing perhaps the Hateful Eight script being leaked forced him to play up more than just the dialog heavy sections.

Personally I preffered it to Django.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back