Movies Quentin Tarantino's Final Film? The Movie Critic

jonah-hill-excited.gif

Oh please be true!

I know the article says "small role or cameo" but I hope it's as much as possible within those parameters.

Can't have too many stars in tbe movie or it takes away from the movie and becomes about the stars . If anyone could pull it off tho it's QT

I wonder who he's going to get to star? It's probably not going to happen, but if he would work with Tom Cruise just once, that would be great.
tom-cruise-quentin-tarantino-attend-w-magazines-celebration-080522-d0bfd672425e493e85bfe80e242c12f1.jpg

I read Pitt but not sure if that's official or rumor.

I read Pitt but not sure if that's official or rumor.
According to QT himself the star of the film will be an actor in his mid-thirties who he's never worked with before. Paul Walter Hauser has been heavily rumored.

According to QT himself the star of the film will be an actor in his mid-thirties who he's never worked with before. Paul Walter Hauser has been heavily rumored.

Yeah, I think the announced actors are not the lead. Considering the time period, 77 in LA, Pitt could be playing Cliff Booth again.

Yeah, I think the announced actors are not the lead. Considering the time period, 77 in LA, Pitt could be playing Cliff Booth again.
Maybe, that would be ideal for me as OUATIH is my favorite movie. This is what is exciting to me, I have no idea where Tarantino is going with it. So many rumors...he may even have Joe Spinell in the movie somewhere.

That would be wild and make me very happy. I hope it's more than just a glorified cameo. Same with Cruise.

And if Cliff Booth is gonna be there, might as well have a glorified cameo of DiCaprio's Dalton.

Not pertinent to The Movie Critic, but Peter Bogdanovich started a podcast not long before his death, the episodes are just being released this month. One of the episodes he talks with Tarantino about the work of Don Siegel.

For those interested:

Cruise even in one long Tarantino film scene sounds like a can’t miss.
It's been my dream that QT would give Cruise a really meaty Magnolia-level scene to act. Something that allows Cruise to flex the full range of his acting ability and actually makes him work for it. If anyone can do it......it's QT.

I know he's 40, but I was thinking it was gonna be Adam Driver. QT has talked about if he did a First Blood reboot he would stay faithful to the book and Driver would be perfect for the role. It got me thinking.... he clearly has his eye on him. And the dude has an unusual look to him. On the surface he seems like the perfect fit for the main character of this movie. QT likes him. Is close to the right age. Has a unique look that would easily fit with the 70s. Is a pretty good actor....
<mma4>

I know he's 40, but I was thinking it was gonna be Adam Driver. QT has talked about if he did a First Blood reboot he would stay faithful to the book and Driver would be perfect for the role. It got me thinking.... he clearly has his eye on him. And the dude has an unusual look to him. On the surface he seems like the perfect fit for the main character of this movie. QT likes him. Is close to the right age. Has a unique look that would easily fit with the 70s. Is a pretty good actor....
<mma4>
Could be. Its a pity the strike caused everything to be delayed for so long, so who knows how much longer we''ll have to wait for casting to be fleshed out. The film was supposed to be ready for Cannes 2024, but last I heard principal photography is still months away. Hopefully things have sped up some.

I would love it if his tv series used some of his characters from the movies

The western?
He did say that he had written several episodes of Bounty Law. But while he did say that he plans to make a TV show sometime after The Movie Critic he refused to say exactly what it would be, so it remains a mystery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back