Q: If Fedor is the GOAT

He’s nowhere near GOAT.

His completion was laughable, he fought in an unsanctioned corrupt organization, he started looking unimpressive immediately after Pride (wonder why), etc.
Amusing...

You know the story about this guy, right?

c3fc9128d30519a97d6cd5fac2671d21.jpg

Fedor isn’t stopping those takedowns and his paper skin would get minced by elbows. He’d get fucking destroyed by Jones
It's certainly a possibility. However, it's been many many years since Jon has done that. Also, Vitor barely uses grappling yet had Jon in a world of trouble. Fedor no doubt has a better armbar.

Plus, Fedor is much smaller yet didn't duck the HW division. I used to like Jon a lot, trained at two places he trained at (way before he did though) and I'm from the same areas of upstate NY also. Unfortunately Jon is a piece of crap human being and likely a long term PED user.

Yes they did. They just got better at catching people with USADA. It was against the rules. Tim sylvia and Josh Barnett failed tests in UFC ffs.

And Jones passed all his tests too before USADA.. But someone is the GOAT who was never being tested???

So my question is:

If Fedor had the blue print why does everyone today practice wrestling and BJJ rather than Sambo and Judo?? And then how can you say the sport hasnt past him??
WGBDeky.gif

The UFC has almost nothing but American and Brazilian fighters. Of course all the fighters on the roster are going to be training wrestling and bjj... That's what you learn in those countries. If the UFC was an Armenian based organization every fighter on the roster would be a judoka.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Jones would take him out in the first round... and that's prime vs. prime.

The only guy that jones was able to stop in the 1st in his last dozen fights was a middleweight.

You can take my argument down any road you like. I’m simply pointing out that Jones has successfully completed in 16 fights and passed 16 different versions of drug tests in the UFC during his domination. Just saying. Things did change at some point. You have to talk about the different times and eras, and the specifics of rules when discussing two fighters from two different times.

See, that was all you needed to do. Simply reference what we do know for certain, the fact that he had 16 clean fights against 16 solid opponents.That's some solid stats there.
I was just pointing out the fact that you were calling into question the legitimacy of someone who has never failed a test in order to make an excuse for someone else's known actions.

Thank you, I will choose the road of not making excuses for people who do stupid shit by throwing other people under the bus when we have no proof.

He’s nowhere near GOAT.

His completion was laughable, he fought in an unsanctioned corrupt organization, he started looking unimpressive immediately after Pride (wonder why), etc.

Holy crap. I didn't think you were on here anymore. Did you just get released from prison? You should go back.

See, that was all you needed to do. Simply reference what we do know for certain, the fact that he had 16 clean fights against 16 solid opponents.That's some solid stats there.
I was just pointing out the fact that you were calling into question the legitimacy of someone who has never failed a test in order to make an excuse for someone else's known actions.

Thank you, I will choose the road of not making excuses for people who do stupid shit by throwing other people under the bus when we have no proof.

Jones career does have the Asterisk right now and he is to blame. Will he able able to come back and do more to add to his legacy? Not sure. I think so, but he may be waiting another few years. I defend him to a point. I think removing him from all the GOAT talk is unfair for a variety of reasons, some stated in this thread. But he brought a lot of heat on himself.

Jones career does have the Asterisk right now and he is to blame. Will he able able to come back and do more to add to his legacy? Not sure. I think so, but he may be waiting another few years. I defend him to a point. I think removing him from all the GOAT talk is unfair for a variety of reasons, some stated in this thread. But he brought a lot of heat on himself.

I agree, and I don't dismiss his talent or his career. I still believe that he is the superior fighter to DC at lhw also. He did break the rules, I also know talent when I see it.

Back