• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWD 289: Conor McGregor Joins WWE To Manage Becky Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is everybody's top 3 guys in the business right now?

I've got 1. Kenny Omega 2. Shinsuke Nakamura 3. Dalton Castle.

I'll take your #1 and your #2 with my #3 being Cesaro for the WWE neckbeard championship thank you very much

Last edited:
I'll take your #1 and your #2 with my #3 being Cesaro for the WWE neckwear championship thank you very much
I'm excited as hell for Ceasro's future with the current roster. He's going to be able to have a solid match with everybody. And he seems to really enjoy what he does which makes a huge difference. Brock is amazing in so many ways, but I just wish he was as passionate as he was athletic.

I've got 1. Kenny Omega 2. Shinsuke Nakamura 3. Dalton Castle.

Nakamura, Owens and Okada.

I need to see more of Omega's matches. Great talent.

Nakamura, Owens and Okada.

I need to see more of Omega's matches. Great talent.
He has in my opinion, the personality and work rate of Nakamura with the language skills to be the top dog anywhere. He has a bright future, barring injuries. Owens deserves a spot on my list, there's too many awesome wrestlers out there. I mark out every time he opens his mouth during a match.

Didn't see that ending to the SmackDown main event coming.
Damn, I meant to watch it when it aired tonight. I'm trying to support them for what they've done lately. I may be a drop in the ocean, but it's all I can do. The title scene blows wide open if we see Finn and the Club double cross AJ. They might make the Intercontinental title the title for the smarks, have all the Japanese and Indy stars fight for it and leave the main championship as is. Everyone wins, and certain guys will be bound to work both titles.

Damn, I meant to watch it when it aired tonight. I'm trying to support them for what they've done lately. I may be a drop in the ocean, but it's all I can do. The title scene blows wide open if we see Finn and the Club double cross AJ. They might make the Intercontinental title the title for the smarks, have all the Japanese and Indy stars fight for it and leave the main championship as is. Everyone wins, and certain guys will be bound to work both titles.

Worth a watch, had a decent amount of storyline progression.

Worth a watch, had a decent amount of storyline progression.
Nice, Smackdown used to be my favorite show back in the Ruthless Agression era. I have been trying to catch it since Mauro joined the show, but I forget every time lol.

Nice, Smackdown used to be my favorite show back in the Ruthless Agression era. I have been trying to catch it since Mauro joined the show, but I forget every time lol.

It also had a nice resurgence in 2009 that I really enjoyed.

Samoa Joe was probably supposed to win in Dallas tbh.
Why do you think it changed? I was really hoping for that, it was the only thing I was let down by.

Really? I wasn't watching wrestling at all at the time.

Yeah, on any given week you'd have matches that would be deemed main events for Raw just thrown on SmackDown. The core of the roster was The Undertaker, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Batista, Rey Mysterio and Edge (before his injury). Just imagine the combinations there and they would give a lot of them on a weekly basis. Also, the two of the better feuds of 2009 were on SmackDown (Hardy/Punk and Jericho/Mysterio). Good year.

Why do you think it changed? I was really hoping for that, it was the only thing I was let down by.

The blood stoppages prevented both wrestlers from putting on the performance that they wanted. And having the champion go out on a on the fly call would have a been a let down. You could see the frustration in both of them that they couldn't put on the performance they wanted. Imo.

Yeah, on any given week you'd have matches that would be deemed main events for Raw just thrown on SmackDown. The core of the roster was The Undertaker, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Batista, Rey Mysterio and Edge (before his injury). Just imagine the combinations there and they would give a lot of them on a weekly basis. Also, the two of the better feuds of 2009 were on SmackDown (Hardy/Punk and Jericho/Mysterio). Good year.
Nice, I'm guessing this was around the time Taker won the title from Edge at Wrestlemania. I'll probably end up checking them out at some point.

The blood stoppages prevented both wrestlers from putting on the performance that they wanted. And having the champion go out on a on the fly call would have a been a let down. You could see the frustration in both of them that they couldn't put on the performance they wanted. Imo.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I am happy the cut happened even if it meant Joe sacrificed the match. The energy from the crowd that night was unreal, it felt truly special which is a thing in pro wrestling nowadays.

1. Nakamura
2. Bray Wyatt
3. Kenny Omega
HM: Big E, dude cracks me tf up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back