PWD 265: In Mickey Gall We Trust

Was Yoko a "good worker"? I remember him having about as much in ring ability as Khali. Only thing as kid I can ever remember him doing were splashes and Bonzai drops.

Youtube some Yokozuna ppv matches. He was excellent, and doesn't get nearly enough credit probably because of what a fat ass he was (especially near the end). FWIW, I define a big man as someone who wrestles big man style (and is big obviously). That's why I consider Bam Bam a bit borderline. Nash, Show, Mark Henry, Bundy, Kane, Studd etc all work big man style. Hall, Luke Harper, etc do not. Taker still basically does.

Dude, people were chanting "Goldberg" at him since his debut. He was not "over as fuck", he was getting "pushed like fuck", which is where the resentment(if there was any) started to set in. He was pushed too soon.

But again though, I don't really see the "hate" for Ryback. The fans just kind of treated him like whatever, and liked his catch-phrase. I don't see where anyone is getting this "Neckbeards ruined Ryback" shit from. Seems like quite a reach.

But those idiots also started chanting "Feed Me More" right after.

On top of that, you can't really say he was "Pushed too soon", when he was literally a last minute replacement for Cena. He wasn't supposed to be in that position at that time, he was only there through circumstance.

Thirdly, when Cena has to convince Vince and creative to turn him heel when he was at his zenith, that might tell you that something was working.

That thought comes from the fact that the second the guy stepped onto the scene the tea party section of the audience just tore into the guy.

It can't be both. He couldn't have been so over that Cena had to cut him down, and he couldn't have never been over because the neckbeards didn't like him. Pick one.

Thirdly, when Cena has to convince Vince and creative to turn him heel when he was at his zenith, that might tell you that something was working.

Okay fine, but how is it the smarky fans' fault that they cut his push short?

I don't recall actually saying that they cut the push short. I'm saying that smarky fans took a dislike to the guy because of his build. Same thing happened with Rusev when he first turned up, "Here we go, another big guy who can't work, probably some failed bodybuilder".

I think your getting who your arguing with crossed I never said they caused him a depush just That people gave him shit and that I dont get why he isnt beloved .

But a huge chunk of the audience turned extremely hostile after phil quit and talked that shit and ryback fell done the card ad about the same time if that counts as evidence.

Watching WM 30. Taker's entrance with the caskets and the video/audio snippets from his other matches was awesome. Gorilla yelling "Tombstone city!" They really should have built up Tombstone City vs. Suplex City, in retrospect.

Returning to Work

After open back surgery, patients first stay in the hospital for 4-5 days. This stay is necessary because the patient is often on a high dose of painkillers, and the wound needs to be redressed carefully to prevent infection. After returning home, patients cannot return to work for 4-6 weeks, or longer if the job is physically strenuous. It may take months to as long as a year to return to full mobility. This is because the large wound and damage to the muscle and bone must heal fully to prevent further injury, and because extended time on painkillers is often necessary.

The recovery time after laser herniated disc surgery is much shorter. Patients generally return home the day of the surgery. The next day, physical therapy starts. In about a week, most patients are able to return to work; those with very physical jobs will need to wait until they have fully recovered, however. Full recovery usually occurs in about 6 weeks, and at that time patients can go about all their normal physical activities with no restrictions.

So, he's now out for 6 weeks, at the absolutely least if it's laser surgery. If it's open back, I doubt he'll ever fight.

He said it was the same surgery as Cain, and Cain said he'd be back to training at 100% in a month.

Doesn't really fit 100% into current story lines (or corporate strategy) but book it to get to:

HHH vs. Brock (Wyatt Family run in to screw Brock and muddle up the title for a few more months!)

RR vs. Ambrose (Seth Rollins guest referee)

Rusev v. the Rock (tank stealing, pie eating, rock bottom giving!)

New Day vs. Undertaker & Kane & Big Show 6 man tag retirement match (I think we know who eats the pin here)

Social outcasts vs. Some NXT guys (midcard showcase)

ADR vs. Callisto vs. Sin cara vs. Mysterio fatal four way for the US title (dat mexican market)

Miz vs. Styles vs. Jericho loser loses hair match (fix styles hair)

Divas revolution ending wet t-shirt jello wrestling elimination match (why not)

Opener - Goldust + R-Truth vs. Stardust + Ascension

Last edited:
Back