Locked Pwd 1170 RIP Gable

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

So this wyatt group is pure exploitation but making a tournament and keeping around a shit faction for Brodie Lee wasn't because?

AEW got shit on for years by the IWC for anything Dark Order related and Brodie Lee. Hell, Anna Jay just winning a match in Jacksonville at Daily's Place and being emotional about it a few months ago caused everyone to go ape shit about them "exploiting Brodie Lee" lol

I guess I expected too much from Shinsuke after years of experts telling me how he was this legendary wrestler in Japan.

Nakamura in his last few years in New Japan was phoning it a lot most of the time. He'd still show out in big matches, but he was just showing up to cash his checks most shows. He actually seemed motivated in NXT and had some great matches there, but it seemed like he started phoning it in again when he got to the main roster.

And rumor and inneundo is he didnt even call to check on his hype man, Boogs, after he tore his knee!

intro-import.jpg

Sad!

I was curious about AEW signing Okada since so many people told me he's the best wrestler in the past 10 years but as soon as I saw they stuck him with the Buckaroos I nope'd out.

I was curious about AEW signing Okada since so many people told me he's the best wrestler in the past 10 years but as soon as I saw they stuck him with the Buckaroos I nope'd out.

f9a4fed2-aa6f-440e-bfa4-05a299a322cf_text.gif

He's still having good matches, but what they're doing with him is fucking stupid. His gimmick is basically, foreign guy who doesn't speak English grabs the mic to call people "bitch" to get an ooooh from the crowd. That's it, that's all they have him doing besides just standing there while the Bucks cut a promo. It was funny the first time, now they're just gonna shove it down our throats.

All I know about Okada right now is, Tony Khan made him the highest paid guy in AEW and apparently the only wrestlers in the world that make more money than him are Roman Reigns and Randy Orton, yet Okada hasn't drawn a single dime and the ratings are in the toilet.

All I know about Okada right now is, Tony Khan made him the highest paid guy in AEW and apparently the only wrestlers in the world that make more money than him are Roman Reigns and Randy Orton, yet Okada hasn't drawn a single dime and the ratings are in the toilet.

Because Tony can't book outside of "That should be a good match".

It's that "I wanna see Daniel Bryan vs. Okada!" okay, how are we getting there, it's all well and good saying "That should be a good much", and "This guy is good at wrestling, but this other guys is good at wrestling... and they're gonna do the good wrestling at each other!"

Need to let shit marinate for a bit and make it mean something.

It's a different style of wrestling. Japanese wrestlers always got neutered in WWE. I can't think of a male one that didn't.

To be honest, I just think that he was a victim of the times.

NXT Black and Gold was incredible, but the main shows had been absolutely flat for years.

They could have introduced Jesus Christ to Monday Night Raw and he'd come out to crickets a week later.

Btw, is there a list of who the new Wyatt Family murdered?

AEW-nomics 101.

Get taken to the cleaners in contract negotiations by anyone with a name. Grossly overpay for talent that a bunch of nerds care about. Give them a big debut, and then watch them fade into obscurity, because the only thing Tony Khan knows how to do is throw money around, and the creative/booking team is the entire roster angling for their spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back