Putting $300 bucks on Sandhagen by finish at +110. Here’s my argument:

All very valid reasons and would be as good as a bet as you can get in mma. All of your reasons are huge deals in fighting.

Dillashaw is live but yeah I like Sandhagen for many of the reasons you have listed.

I'll add that TJ's contemporaries are hanging onto top 15 rankings by a thread at best; Cody, Assuncao, Cruz, & Barao.

Also it's been a terrible recent run for the old guard; JDS, Reem, Pettis, Woodley, Jacare, Frankie, Cerrone, Benavidez, Tony, Weidman, Eddie, Mouse, etc. These guys are also TJ's contemporaries.

I tend to agree with you, time off plus being 35 rarely works out, but there are exceptions....
dominick-cruz-tj-dillashaw-ufc-960jpg.jpg

Cruz was only 31 here...

When he tried returning at 35 he got KO'd by Cejudo.

1. TJ is coming off a 2 year layoff which is terrible. No one comes back from a 2 year layoff and looks any good.

2. I believe he is fighting clean without PEDS this time. It will be evident. His body already looks different. I’ve seen the videos of him recently and he looks soft and deflated.

3. He had surgery on his shoulders and I believe it will effect his range of motion.

4. He is 35 and has suffered multiple KO losses. Tony Ferguson was around 36 years old when he started looking completely faded.

5. Nobody in their late 30’s wrestles much anymore, post USADA. Especially in the lower weight classes. Usada chased away the older wrestlers.

8-C8-D3485-147-F-4144-BFA2-3-B70-CA1-BC3-C4.png

I always make these prediction threads.
I'm afraid of the finish.

Sandhagen straight up might be the best bet

Cruz was only 31...

When he tried returning at 35 he got KO'd by Cejudo.
Oh I didn't even look up his age lol, I forget how long ago that fight was. Still impressive he came back and beat TJ, but yeah 31 is muuuuch different than 35. I'm trying to find a way to be excited about TJ being back lol.

Thank you for correcting me

I'm afraid of the finish.

Sandhagen straight up might be the best bet

Great Reasoning. The reason why I say finish is because TJ is Chinny and has been dropped and rocked in his last few fights.

Also it’s a 5 round fight.

I say his cardio is terrible off of EPO and he gasses and gets finished.

And Sandhagen had been flatlining guys lately.

Great Reasoning. The reason why I say finish is because TJ is Chinny and has been dropped and rocked in his last few fights.

Why do you think his cardio is bad?

I do agree someone is getting finished though

Controversial decision.

It's actually pretty funny that all of Dillashaw's losses are controversial but hardly anyone cares because he's so hated.

2 questionable split decision losses to Cruz and Assuncao and 2 early stoppage losses against Cejudo and Dodson.
Bro

Cruz beat TJ 49-46. TJ only won the 4th. Come to terms with it already. Don't let TJ throwing and missing a ton of punches away your judgement.

49-46, 48-47, 47-48: Cruz

It's not controversial.

1. TJ is coming off a 2 year layoff which is terrible. No one comes back from a 2 year layoff and looks any good.

2. I believe he is fighting clean without PEDS this time. It will be evident. His body already looks different. I’ve seen the videos of him recently and he looks soft and deflated.

3. He had surgery on his shoulders and I believe it will effect his range of motion.

4. He is 35 and has suffered multiple KO losses. Tony Ferguson was around 36 years old when he started looking completely faded.

5. Nobody in their late 30’s wrestles much anymore, post USADA. Especially in the lower weight classes. Usada chased away the older wrestlers.

8-C8-D3485-147-F-4144-BFA2-3-B70-CA1-BC3-C4.png

I always make these prediction threads.
Yeah you’ll be around $230 richer tomorrow night.

Sandhagen by stoppage might actually be the way to go. We'll see.

I was thing about hedging my bets.
$150 on Sandhagen via stoppage at +100 for $300.
$50 on TJ at +225 via stoppage for $187.

A part of me is calling myself a pussy for but just putting all on Sandhagen.

Bro

Cruz beat TJ 49-46. TJ only won the 4th. Come to terms with it already. Don't let TJ throwing and missing a ton of punches away your judgement.

49-46, 48-47, 47-48: Cruz

It's not controversial.
Bro it 100 percent is controversial because TJ arguably won 3 of those rounds if you are an impartial watcher.

100 on Cory to finish

100 on Cory to finish and yanez to win

100 on Cory to fini
Bro it 100 percent is controversial because TJ arguably won 3 of those rounds if you are an impartial watcher.

You're 100% correct sir ....i was SHOCKED when it was announced unanimous , and not for TJ.....

Not saying robbery ....but definitely controversial ...I had it for TJ and I hate TJ

I think TJ is a great fighter. I'll be honest, I don't know much about Corey other than he's a pretty young up and comer.

Some valid points but never say never. I remember betting a large amount on GSP against Bisping at +100 and him getting the finish. 4 year layoff, 36 years old, winning by submission.... Of course GSP was/is far better than Dillashaw but still... Dillashaw might look good here if he has stayed in shape like he says.

The more important issue is how big of a bet is $300 for you? If this is a moderate size bet than good luck. If this is the most money you have ever put down than you might want to rethink it.

I had the sandhagen opening money line at -110 first time around that was obv canceled. Current -200 against a fighter of TJ’s caliber is craziness. I personally wouldn’t go near that bet but best of luck

Back