Social Putin or Trudeau?

Who would you rather as a leader

• Putin

• Tredeau

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll take the soft idiocratic authoritarianism of Trudeau over the conservative murderous one of Putin. And that's a tough pill to swallow as Trudeau is an absolute useless leader and human being. Putin is deserving of respect while Trudeau is not, not at all, not by any metric, whatsoever, etc, but at least he's not a gangster. Just a buffoon.
Deserving of respect? What kind of respect, precisely?

You are for sure a piece of shit if you think "leftism", which you laughingly avoid defining so you can apply it to anyone with whom you disagree, needs to be "stomped out"--note the extra-violent change to the normal term stamp out--like that would be a good thing. Why, is your breadwinner wife tired of having to work so hard to suppress all the uppity unions in this country? Fuck off traitor to democracy.

You should ask your wife for permission to post and avoid saying such heinous shit.

Archbishop Gomez: Reflections on the Church and America’s New Religions

An elite leadership class has risen in our countries that has little interest in religion and no real attachments to the nations they live in or to local traditions or cultures. This group, which is in charge in corporations, governments, universities, the media, and in the cultural and professional establishments, wants to establish what we might call a global civilization, built on a consumer economy and guided by science, technology, humanitarian values, and technocratic ideas about organizing society.

The new social movements and ideologies that we are talking about today, were being seeded and prepared for many years in our universities and cultural institutions. But with the tension and fear caused by the pandemic and social isolation, and with the killing of an unarmed black man by a white policeman and the protests that followed in our cities, these movements were fully unleashed in our society.

Today’s critical theories and ideologies are profoundly atheistic. They deny the soul, the spiritual, transcendent dimension of human nature; or they think that it is irrelevant to human happiness. They reduce what it means to be human to essentially physical qualities — the color of our skin, our sex, our notions of gender, our ethnic background, or our position in society.

In denying God, these new movements have lost the truth about the human person. This explains their extremism, and their harsh, uncompromising, and unforgiving approach to politics.

And from the standpoint of the Gospel, because these movements deny the human person, no matter how well-intentioned they are, they cannot promote authentic human flourishing. In fact, as we are witnessing in my country, these strictly secular movements are causing new forms of social division, discrimination, intolerance, and injustice.

https://www.ncregister.com/commenta...ons-on-the-church-and-america-s-new-religions

iu

The amount of propaganda the west gets of Putin is astounding. People don't question the news they receive about Putin or Russia despite them being a well known adversary to the west and Operation Mockingbird.

I'm toiling through this Trudeau nightmare and let me tell you it sucks all the ass in a sumo competition. Putin couldn't possibly be any worse.

What is a conservative going to say that Putin doesn't like? "I identify as a woman" or "Whiteness is complicit in racism" or "Muh Body, Muh Rights!" or "Diversity is Strength" or "Celebrate your abortion"?

Canada doesn't necessarily need Vladimir Putin, but we desperately need someone with thick skin who is going to step in, rule with an iron fist and put an end to the bullshit "Woke" politics and all the rest of this radical leftist nonsense that is destroying the country. Canada is going downhill fast.

How about “Putin is enriching himself off the government” or “I don’t like what Putin is doing for the economy” or “We shouldn’t have annexed Chrimea” or “Putin shouldn’t try to kill his political opponents and imprison journalists”?

Archbishop Gomez: Reflections on the Church and America’s New Religions

An elite leadership class has risen in our countries that has little interest in religion and no real attachments to the nations they live in or to local traditions or cultures. This group, which is in charge in corporations, governments, universities, the media, and in the cultural and professional establishments, wants to establish what we might call a global civilization, built on a consumer economy and guided by science, technology, humanitarian values, and technocratic ideas about organizing society.

The new social movements and ideologies that we are talking about today, were being seeded and prepared for many years in our universities and cultural institutions. But with the tension and fear caused by the pandemic and social isolation, and with the killing of an unarmed black man by a white policeman and the protests that followed in our cities, these movements were fully unleashed in our society.

Today’s critical theories and ideologies are profoundly atheistic. They deny the soul, the spiritual, transcendent dimension of human nature; or they think that it is irrelevant to human happiness. They reduce what it means to be human to essentially physical qualities — the color of our skin, our sex, our notions of gender, our ethnic background, or our position in society.

In denying God, these new movements have lost the truth about the human person. This explains their extremism, and their harsh, uncompromising, and unforgiving approach to politics.

And from the standpoint of the Gospel, because these movements deny the human person, no matter how well-intentioned they are, they cannot promote authentic human flourishing. In fact, as we are witnessing in my country, these strictly secular movements are causing new forms of social division, discrimination, intolerance, and injustice.

https://www.ncregister.com/commenta...ons-on-the-church-and-america-s-new-religions

iu

Why Michael Coren thinks Christianity needs to return to its roots

In his latest book The Rebel Christ, columnist, author and former broadcaster Michael Coren makes the case for rebranding Christianity to reflect the social justice values of Jesus Christ. Now an ordained priest in the Anglican Church of Canada, the former Catholic says the so-called "Christian Right" has distorted Christian values in the public's mind and left non-Christians with a perverse notion of the faith.

In his latest book The Rebel Christ, columnist, author and former broadcaster Michael Coren makes the case for rebranding Christianity to reflect the social justice values of Jesus Christ. Now an ordained priest in the Anglican Church of Canada, the former Catholic says the so-called "Christian Right" has distorted Christian values in the public's mind and left non-Christians with a perverse notion of the faith.

eba227a2b19c36eefaa18be7abeb1146.jpg

Buddy+Christ-11.jpg

01ca49ba061eba5cdf85a0ae98305a5afc-leo-toast-3.h473.w710.gif

Let's see, murderous dictator who seems on the verge of invading yet another sovereign territory vs. a guy people mostly hate for reasons having nothing to do with his job performance?
thinking-homer.gif

The best part is the economy.. Russia should be one of the richest countries in the world but is a 3rd world shithole because Putin and pals have plundered the shit out of Russia.. Yeah that sure seems better than Trudeau... lol..

Only 5 countries legalized marijuana, Canada, Georgia, Mexico, South Africa, and Uruguay so my answer is I rather live under Trudeau rule because despite the shitty economy and overly priced way of living, we still got legal bud which is a lot better than waiting for your dealer for like 3+hours and always saying theyll be 5m when they mean an additional 50minutes lol.

Only 5 countries legalized marijuana, Canada, Georgia, Mexico, South Africa, and Uruguay so my answer is I rather live under Trudeau rule because despite the shitty economy and overly priced way of living, we still got legal bud which is a lot better than waiting for your dealer for like 3+hours and always saying theyll be 5m when they mean an additional 50minutes lol.

Under Putin, you and your drug dealer will be bunk mates... in prison.

Seriously? Michael Coren? The guy is a pathetic joke.

<Dany07>

How about “Putin is enriching himself off the government” or “I don’t like what Putin is doing for the economy” or “We shouldn’t have annexed Chrimea” or “Putin shouldn’t try to kill his political opponents and imprison journalists”?

Journalists should be imprisoned and politicians executed when they break the law and deliberately mislead the public. It is ridiculous what most politicians and journalists get away with. Journalists and politicians should be afraid to act corrupt. Scumbags like Trudeau are far too bold and comfortable with their ethics violations and corruption.

The best part is the economy.. Russia should be one of the richest countries in the world but is a 3rd world shithole because Putin and pals have plundered the shit out of Russia.. Yeah that sure seems better than Trudeau... lol..
Yeah, I'm not getting all this shitting on the Canadian economy.

Canada Economic Snapshot
Economic Forecast Summary (December 2021)
Supply-chain disruptions have slowed but not arrested Canada’s economic recovery. With a fourth wave of infections receding, output is projected to surpass pre-pandemic levels by the end of 2021 and grow faster than trend at 3.9% in 2022 and 2.8% in 2023. Inflation is projected to moderate as production bottlenecks clear, before strengthening again as unemployment falls. More persistent supply constraints could, however, mean that inflation stays higher for longer and delay a projected acceleration in trade and consumer spending.

Canadian economy seen strengthening, but analysts wary of Omicron impact
OTTAWA, Nov 30 (Reuters) - The Canadian economy roared back in the third quarter, with growth most likely accelerating in October on a manufacturing rebound, though economists were cautious on the looming impact of the Omicron COVID-19 variant.

Canada's economy grew 5.4% in the third quarter on an annualized basis, beating analyst expectations for a gain of 3.0%, Statistics Canada data showed. A preliminary estimate for October showed a gain of 0.8%, while September's GDP was in line with expectations for a 0.1% rise.

Statscan revised down annualized second-quarter GDP to a contraction of 3.2% from a previous dip of 1.1%. But with the October gain, economic activity is now just 0.5% below pre-pandemic levels.

"The October increase was maybe more encouraging for the speed of recovery even than the third quarter numbers," said Nathan Janzen, senior economist at Royal Bank of Canada.

"There is a lot of uncertainty right now about how long this can be sustained just given ... the Omicron variant."

The third-quarter rebound was driven by one of the largest household spending sprees on record, as COVID-19 restrictions were eased and consumers bought everything from clothing to personal grooming services. Exports were also up, led by crude oil.

"We had a pretty strong showing in consumer spending. So that was nice to see after the weakness we had in the second quarter," said Jimmy Jean, chief economist at Desjardins Group.

"But now the question is what's going to happen in fourth quarter," he added, pointing to both the emergence of the Omicron variant and flooding in the western province of British Columbia that cut off a key port from the rest of Canada. "It seems the more we go into the quarter the risk has tilted to the downside."

Spring, 2020:
Not necessarily, I think. Even without a cure or vaccine, ubiquitous testing for the virus would clear healthy people, find previously undetected cases, and sort out people who have already had it and recovered. Then the non-infected and the previously infected can presumably share the same environment. Once the number of people in the healthy+recovered cohort reach a sufficiently high number in a given area, their restrictions can be relaxed while everyone else stays put until they can join them. That will help a lot, particularly when it comes to things like getting kids back in school and resumption of business and recreational activity locally.

I'm open to contradictory reasoning, but I don't think things are quite as dire as some are saying. It's obviously a terrible disaster but far from apocalyptic, IMHO.

And note, this is coming from someone whose business relies on travel and tourism. I'm proper fucked, essentially. Tourism will be the last industry to show recovery, I think. Here's hoping pent up demand makes up for it somehow. But I am pretty optimistic when I set aside my own particular situation and look at the big picture.

My theory is after the lockdown there's a lot of pent up demand for almost everything, including among people who want to fuck with other people.

Fall 2021:
What makes you think the country will nosedive? Well, to rephrase, if it weren't for fucking up the response to the 4th wave in places like Alberta and Saskatchewan--compare with Manitoba--what else would be causing the country to nosedive that would be the fault of the last 6 years of Liberal government? Can you point to anything specific?

By all accounts, and I mean all accounts, not just a selection of biased sources, the economy was set to boom as pent up demand coming out of the pandemic flooded the marketplace with cash. What evidence do you have that this prediction by pretty much every economist everywhere would be wrong (again, assuming the 4th wave COVID response were more consistent across the nation)?

Last edited:
Back