Push pull or gritty 4way competition

Only did 5 out of 7 sets for deadlifts with 465lbs.

7x5 with 315lbs on the bench feeling light tho.

Well, I recorded my maxes...Evidently I bit off more than I thought I could chew. I'm including all my lifts because I'm not planning to specialize in bench or DL over the next 6 months:

Deadlift: 475 (failed miserably on 500)

Bench: 315 (failed on 335) - I've hit 320x2 before (~5 weeks ago), so I'm happy to use that as my official entry as well

Squat: 455 (was actually close on my guess here)

OHP: 225

Well, I recorded my maxes...Evidently I bit off more than I thought I could chew. I'm including all my lifts because I'm not planning to specialize in bench or DL over the next 6 months:

Deadlift: 475 (failed miserably on 500)

Bench: 315 (failed on 335) - I've hit 320x2 before (~5 weeks ago), so I'm happy to use that as my official entry as well

Squat: 455 (was actually close on my guess here)

OHP: 225

Squat looks fine though those ladies walk by at just the wrong time

So I’ll put you down for 475 dead and 320 bench?

Do I have videos from everyone before I go and compile a list? I know Drew has his videos in another thread somewhere. Because I recall watching them

405lbs w/ straps

235lbs from 4 years ago. Talk about lack of progress.

405lbs w/ straps

235lbs from 4 years ago. Talk about lack of progress.

Question, assuming that you’re keeping the Olympic plates how are you going to get more weight on that bar? I ran into this at a CrossFit gym that I thought would work out at for a bit and all I could get was for bumper plates on the bar. So I did 405 for reps for my squat day

Question, assuming that you’re keeping the Olympic plates how are you going to get more weight on that bar? I ran into this at a CrossFit gym that I thought would work out at for a bit and all I could get was for bumper plates on the bar. So I did 405 for reps for my squat day

My gym also has non Olympic plates! I just hate using them because they’re the hexagon types that roll around funny between reps.

My gym also has non Olympic plates! I just hate using them because they’re the hexagon types that roll around funny between reps.
Ah well good luck. You should be able to fit a 35 or 25 or two where one of those goes

On the way to the hospital
Wife is going to birth our son hopefully

Jan 2 we all go to war!

On the way to the hospital
Wife is going to birth our son hopefully

Jan 2 we all go to war!

During what should be your most joyous event, you thought about us. I appreciate that.

Congratulations man! Winner of the comp gets to name him.

During what should be your most joyous event, you thought about us. I appreciate that.

Congratulations man! Winner of the comp gets to name him.
Can I propose that the winner chooses “auger38” as cincy’s Kid’s name?

Kidding aside, congrats! Hope mom and son are happy and healthy.

Guess I can add seven pounds eight ounces to my total

Somehow Smolov for bench made no improvement to my bench press at all.

Like less than nothing. I could barely get 365lbs today.

Maybe I needed to rest another couple days.

I find benching really hard to judge when you’re 100% recovered. It doesn’t have the same “i’m about to die today” feeling you get from squats and deads.

I find benching really hard to judge when you’re 100% recovered. It doesn’t have the same “i’m about to die today” feeling you get from squats and deads.
I did a Sheiko workout Friday after finishing Smolov Wednesday. Probably should have waited till Friday to test my max again.

I just feel lost without a workout to do lol it’s such an integral part of my day.

Back