Social Punk rock band kicks out drummer because of refusal to take vaccine

- In the end they're just paid actors, like rappers. Just pretenders.
That's why i love pop-bands and romantic rock.

Once they get to the big times, almost all of them become establishment shills. It's the nature of the business.

The best bands Don't go looking for other bands to play on their undercard, and mainstream radios don't play songs they think the masses will like. Tour promoters charge undercard bands a fee for the privilege of playing on opening and mid card slots and getting exposure so only the headliner truly profits from a tour unless an undercard band can sell a lot of merch. Radio stations and award shows like the junos won't give you any sort of coverage unless you pay for the privilege, etc

The name of the game is extortion. Once you are on top, you begin putting the squeeze on young up and coming bands through your promoters.

As much as Metallica credits Ozzy and Sharon for "being kind and giving us a chance in 1986 to open for them", a little known fact is Metallica and their record company had to pay Ozzy $50000 to get that slot. Metallica then went on to do the same thing.

Fat Mike from nofx starting fat wreck chords was a break in the mold. Started his own label so he would not have to sign 7 record deals and enabled other bands to do the same. 1 record deal, no strings attached. Fat Mike was the epitome of punk and felt he can say anything offensive he felt like and fuck you if you don't like it.

The time he sang Franco un-American on Conan O'Brian and changed the words unexpectedly to some very politically incorrect dialogue for a mainstream talk show was priceless. Mike started laughing during because he didn't give a fuck and knew NBC was going to be pissed. Conan probably agreed with the lyrics, but he shook their hands stone faced with a glower because he knew the higher ups were going to be upset.

Nowadays you have some faux punk bands like Paramore's Hayley Williams trying to get spotlight by shitting on stuff fat Mike said on stage in 2005. "How dare he make comments about me and rimjobs in 2005 when I was 19. Thats not punk"
Uh hun, that's very punk.
Great post

Because the remaining band members showed themselves to be tools and a disgrace to the punk genre?
I initially read this last sentence as "...disgrace to the punk grave"

Would be accurate as well

They're woke losers

Their guitarist called Alice Cooper a transphobic bigot for saying kids shouldn't be exposed to transgender bullshit <{outtahere}>

Back