PSA: Gadelha was ROBBED against Jed

No, she did not. JJ won that was why she cheapshot her after the fight. Should've been fired for that.

I believe Claudia won too, but I'm not mad.

That fight was judged the way fights should be judged. If I was Claudia I would be upset, but as a neutral fan I didnt get the feeling that she was the better fighter. Most wrestles want credit for taking you down for 1 second, but don't want to give their opponent any credit for getting back up and stuffing takedowns. She didn't get robbed.

I completely agree .. If a fighter successfully takes their opponent down, but the opponent successfully gets back to their feet then I think the defensive grappling displayed is as "effective", if not more effective than the offensive grappling of the TD, because the goal of the TD (control) is essentially neutralized.

It boggles my mind how some seem to value offensive grappling over defensive grappling, when the reality is that "effective grappling" is what the judges must score. Effective grappling applies to both offense and defense.

Joanna demonstrated more effective striking AND grappling in their fight. Gadelha was not able to maintain top control, advance her position, or secure any submissions, therefore her offensive grappling WAS NOT effective.

JOANNA CHAMPION WON!! And she will win again, this time in more devastating fashion. :wink:

Been awhile since i saw the fight, I remember she didn't hit all her TD's but she did hit a few. I think there was a lot of clinch work against the cage if I remember right.

iirc she spent most of the fight getting neutralized and then lit up when Joanna put her hands on her.

If Gadelha had any significant effective grappling or Octagon control it was nullified by getting put on her ass.

I completely agree .. If a fighter successfully takes their opponent down, but the opponent successfully gets back to their feet then I think the defensive grappling displayed is as "effective", if not more effective than the offensive grappling of the TD, because the goal of the TD (control) is essentially neutralized.

It boggles my mind how some seem to value offensive grappling over defensive grappling, when the reality is that "effective grappling" is what the judges must score. Effective grappling applies to both offense and defense.

Joanna demonstrated more effective striking AND grappling in their fight. Gadelha was not able to maintain top control, advance her position, or secure any submissions, therefore her offensive grappling WAS NOT effective.

JOANNA CHAMPION WON!! And she will win again, this time in more devastating fashion. :wink:

I approve this message.

4622309-0993102589-rock-.jpg

Grappling, takedowns and control are scored over striking in grappling/non striking matches (like NAGA or ADCC). :rolleyes:

TS, why do you think the ref makes the fighters stand up if there is no action on the ground?

And like I said, rewatch the fight. JJ stuffed MOST of Gadelha's TDs, the very, very few TDs Gadelha was successful at JJ either got back up immediately or Gadelha tried to use the "lay and pray" tactic which judges will NOT score in favor of a fighter for this and which didn't work anyway due to JJ's grappling defense. Although Gadelha managed to get in a couple of strikes the fact remains that JJ was definitely beating her on the feet which is a key reason why Gadelha insisted on going for her haphazard TDs (the other reason being Gadelha's short gas tank while JJ is a cardio machine).

And speaking of gas tanks, let's not forget that Gadelha was gifted with a short break to check the cut on her head (which she herself caused while trying to bull rush).

I don't think you're an objective mma fan, you seem to be a biased Gadelha fan and that is causing you to see that fight for how you wish it could be instead of what it really is.

What are you talking about now? i said in the op i think joanna wins a 5 round rematch... and i saw the fight yesterday, dont need to rewatch.

Could have been 29-28 for either fighter. I'm glad the judges scored it for JJ, but let's not act like it was a clear decision for either fighter.

What are you talking about now? i said in the op i think joanna wins a 5 round rematch... and i saw the fight yesterday, dont need to rewatch.

If you have to ask what I am talking about then there really is no reaching you. Yes, you need to rewatch the fight with the correct judging criteria in mind this time.

People are such pussys when it comes to stuff like this... Boo hoo... she punched her. So what? Why lose a fighter or steal hard earned money for something so run of the mill in a cage.

It's not run of the mill to punch someone after the bell.. There should definitely be repercussions for doing so, especially when its rooted in frustration like it was in this case.

The only reason she wasn't punished by the UFC is because they don't want to draw any negative attention to WMMA this early on..

If you have to ask what I am talking about then there really is no reaching you. Yes, you need to rewatch the fight with the correct judging criteria in mind this time.

I mean in regaurds to you saying i am a Gadelha fan and not a Joanna fan.

I disagree, I thought that JJ won the fight. But hey, they're going to fight again soon so no hard feelings. She'll have her chance to avenge that.

this was blatant in the heated moment.
I cannot disagree with her for trying to save her ass though.
UFC cannot afford to lose a top contender but a fine should have taken place.

Back