PSA: Gadelha was ROBBED against Jed

She won the fight by far I though. I'm surprised a bigger fuss wasn't made of the decision. Seemed like everyone wanted JJ to win so noone really mentioned it.

JJ got the edge in the striking, but at the same time she was nowhere near as effective with her striking as in the Penne fight. I though Claudia won via control and TD's, she didn't smoke JJ, but I thought she did enough to win.

Absolutely sure of it. It's a fact. Thanks.

TS doesn't get the fact that JJ wasn't robbed, otherwise more people would have made similar claims. In this thread alone it's not like people are rushing to his side of the argument.

TS doesn't get the fact that JJ wasn't robbed, otherwise more people would have made similar claims. In this thread alone it's not like people are rushing to his side of the argument.

the dude you are quoting just complained about this thread being made to much.

Which is is son? Tell me.

and you said you should Gadelha won...

I don't remember the fight very well, but I remember that I thought Gadelha won although I was happy she lost.

Fuck her, she pulled a Daley. JJ will fuck her up in a 5 rounder.

the dude you are quoting just complained about this thread being made to much.

Which is is son? Tell me.

and you said you should Gadelha won...

Typo. Meant Claudia.

Yeah, I know. Every time there is a close fight though, you're going to get the usual assortment of loons claiming a robbery has taken place. The problem with them is that they just don't understand that a fight that close isn't a robbery no matter which fighter wins it. They just don't agree with the decision and want to cry "ROBBERY!", when no such thing has taken place.

Fuck her, she pulled a Daley. JJ will fuck her up in a 5 rounder.

Yea she should have censured for that, surprised nothing was made of it. Maybe cause she's a woman, I think make fighter would have been dinged for it.

No, people called robbery because they are used to attempted TDs = win and it didn't go that way.

Jedi will ruin that butt if they fight again.

Yeah, I know. Every time there is a close fight though, you're going to get the usual assortment of loons claiming a robbery has taken place. The problem with them is that they just don't understand that a fight that close isn't a robbery no matter which fighter wins it. They just don't agree with the decision and want to cry "ROBBERY!", when no such thing has taken place.

Over use of the term robbery. Robbery was Pac losing to Bradley. When there is overwhelming consensus that the decision was wrong, that is to me a clear indication of a robbery.

No, people called robbery because they are used to attempted TDs = win and it didn't go that way.

Jedi will ruin that butt if they fight again.

Been awhile since i saw the fight, I remember she didn't hit all her TD's but she did hit a few. I think there was a lot of clinch work against the cage if I remember right.

TS, this is mma NOT "lay and Pray" nor is it a no gi grappling sport. Let these facts digest in your system a bit and then rewatch the match. JJ convincingly beat her in their first fight and I think she wrecks her in the rematch.

TS, this is mma NOT "lay and Pray" nor is it a no gi grappling sport. Let these facts digest in your system a bit and then rewatch the match. JJ convincingly beat her in their first fight and I think she wrecks her in the rematch.

Its scored as such usually though, unless they have announced a change in how mma bouts are scored this should've been a win for Gadelha.

grappling, takdowns and control are usually scored over striking.

Grappling, takedowns and control are scored over striking in grappling/non striking matches (like NAGA or ADCC). :rolleyes:

TS, why do you think the ref makes the fighters stand up if there is no action on the ground?

And like I said, rewatch the fight. JJ stuffed MOST of Gadelha's TDs, the very, very few TDs Gadelha was successful at JJ either got back up immediately or Gadelha tried to use the "lay and pray" tactic which judges will NOT score in favor of a fighter for this and which didn't work anyway due to JJ's grappling defense. Although Gadelha managed to get in a couple of strikes the fact remains that JJ was definitely beating her on the feet which is a key reason why Gadelha insisted on going for her haphazard TDs (the other reason being Gadelha's short gas tank while JJ is a cardio machine).

And speaking of gas tanks, let's not forget that Gadelha was gifted with a short break to check the cut on her head (which she herself caused while trying to bull rush).

I don't think you're an objective mma fan, you seem to be a biased Gadelha fan and that is causing you to see that fight for how you wish it could be instead of what it really is.

Last edited:
Back