PSA: Gadelha was ROBBED against Jed

this was blatant in the heated moment.
I cannot disagree with her for trying to save her ass though.
UFC cannot afford to lose a top contender but a fine should have taken place.

Not sure i would compare it to Daleys calculated assault though... clearly an intimidate heat of a moment decision that right away she regretted. No need to throw away a career and fun fighter for that.

I completely agree .. If a fighter successfully takes their opponent down, but the opponent successfully gets back to their feet then I think the defensive grappling displayed is as "effective", if not more effective than the offensive grappling of the TD, because the goal of the TD (control) is essentially neutralized.

It boggles my mind how some seem to value offensive grappling over defensive grappling, when the reality is that "effective grappling" is what the judges must score. Effective grappling applies to both offense and defense.

Joanna demonstrated more effective striking AND grappling in their fight. Gadelha was not able to maintain top control, advance her position, or secure any submissions, therefore her offensive grappling WAS NOT effective.

JOANNA CHAMPION WON!! And she will win again, this time in more devastating fashion. :wink:

nailed it.

this was blatant in the heated moment.
I cannot disagree with her for trying to save her ass though.
UFC cannot afford to lose a top contender but a fine should have taken place.

You watch, JJ is gonna pay her back for this too. :icon_twis

That fight wasn't scored as they usually are and I totally understand the controversy, but the scoring criteria leave a lot of room for interpretation and I'm okay with the decision.

Another fight that broke the scoring norm was Hendricks/Lawler 2. Cage hugging usually trumps physical damage but thankfully the judges decided to score that fight as if it were a fight. A step in the right direction.

I'm one of Gadelha's biggest critics but she was clearly remorseful immediately after the late punch. Pull the sticks out of your butts, it wasn't even comparable to the Daley incident.

she should have been banned for clearly punching after the fight

she's lucky she did not got the Daley treatment

this shit was all gone over ad naseum at the time. claudia apologized immediately and it was in the heat of battle and a bell rang

dailey did it way after the bell and tried to sneak up on kos and do it and did not apologize

No matter who you think should have won, Gadelha in no way shape or form won all 3 rounds.

just bcos she was remorseful, doesn't mean she should got away with it

I would have to watch it again, but I thought Ghadela's grappling was probably enough to win her the fight although JJ did way more damage. They really need to fight again.

I dont think so, close fight but good decision. This time JJ will bust her up

Hugging doesn't win you fights, Joanna did more damage and rightfully won the fight.

i agree, i was actually kind of surprised the judges gave her the fight, but I definitely thought she won it overall. I felt like they would award Gadhella the points for trying to stall, but they definitely got it right imo.

Back