PSA: Gadelha was ROBBED against Jed

Killme

The NoGi Bear
@Green
Reaction score
I only just watched this but that was a shocking shocking decision of the highest order, Gadelha one all 3 rounds without queston with the grappling and takedowns.

even in that first round i do not think thelate uppercut was enough to turn an entire round of Gadelha dominance. no way was she going to get stopped there either. Joannadrzejczyk did not even do much standing over the last 2 round either.

Gadelha would have been champion right now if the judges had there eyes in the right way round.

Had Jaggy as number 1, Carla Esparza was ufc champ yet in a real sense neither were the best, i like Jed and her and Gadelha and well rounded well skilled fighters who are right at the top and as much as we will see good fights between um its a shame only one of them can hold a belt.

all that said i think over 5 round, Jed wins.

she should have been banned for clearly punching after the fight

she's lucky she did not got the Daley treatment

Hugging doesn't win you fights, Joanna did more damage and rightfully won the fight.

Did they atleast fine her for punching after the bell?

That fight was judged the way fights should be judged. If I was Claudia I would be upset, but as a neutral fan I didnt get the feeling that she was the better fighter. Most wrestles want credit for taking you down for 1 second, but don't want to give their opponent any credit for getting back up and stuffing takedowns. She didn't get robbed.

I never watched the fight I think I caught the very last round or something like that. I do know Joe Rogan says he thought she won and Sherdog had her winning to. I tend to agree with Sherdog play by play most of the time.

That fight wasn't scored as they usually are and I totally understand the controversy, but the scoring criteria leave a lot of room for interpretation and I'm okay with the decision.

she should have been banned for clearly punching after the fight

she's lucky she did not got the Daley treatment

She did not hear bell nor did she see the ref in between them.

That fight wasn't scored as they usually are and I totally understand the controversy, but the scoring criteria leave a lot of room for interpretation and I'm okay with the decision.

This is actually good point, i am maybe thinking "i expected the judges to score it to gadelha" rather than think they should, but if a certain scoring system is in place then it should cover all fights under it.

I'm shocked how many people think it was so clear cut for Gadelha. She was trying to take it down always but had a very hard time and didn't have much else. The judges uses to always give the decision to the grappler and people complained. Lately it seems like they changed it a bit and now people are upset about that.

Close fight, but I thought Claudia won.

Wow. I think it's been a solid week since I saw this exact same thread. Good work TS...

People are such pussys when it comes to stuff like this... Boo hoo... she punched her. So what? Why lose a fighter or steal hard earned money for something so run of the mill in a cage.

Wow. I think it's been a solid week since I saw this exact same thread. Good work TS...

and now i have seen it wich requires a new thread to bring my thoughts to the forum.

She did not hear bell nor did she see the ref in between them.

This is actually good point, i am maybe thinking "i expected the judges to score it to gadelha" rather than think they should, but if a certain scoring system is in place then it should cover all fights under it.

Stop dude. She defiantly threw a late blow because she was getting frustrated.

People are such pussys when it comes to stuff like this... Boo hoo... she punched her. So what? Why lose a fighter or steal hard earned money for something so run of the mill in a cage.

Rules need to be enforced, or you have every other ass clown doing the same shit when they're upset.

She won the fight by far I though. I'm surprised a bigger fuss wasn't made of the decision. Seemed like everyone wanted JJ to win so noone really mentioned it.

Back