• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PS5 announced for 2020 Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Share factory got an update today

First up is a feature our community has asked for – an increase in the number of clips for your tracks. Below is the new clip count you can expect to see for your Share Factory Studio projects:

• Track 1 clips increased from 50 to 100
  • Track 1 transitions increased from 49 to 99
  • Music tracks increased from 12 to 24
  • Track 2 clips increased from 10 to 20

We’ve also improved the overall editing experience – here’s a roundup of updates launching today for Share Factory Studio on PS5:

• A fresh new look for Track 2 with tapestry now available as well as added support for Layouts and Frames.
  • Support for HDR screenshots.
  • Improved track visualization with Track 1 and Track 2 now featuring icons indicating if your clip is in HD, 4K and/or HDR.
  • Improved Clip and Screenshot Management and integration with the Media Gallery, allowing you to sort your videos and screenshots by Favorites that you have marked.
These new updates will enhance the current features already available on the Share Factory Studio app for PS5 – for example, you can now create videos up to 4K resolution at 60fps with HDR support. such as 4K/HDR 60fps support for video clips high-quality Creator Packs, music tracks, transitions and stickers, as well as the support of Sound FX.

It has been seven years since we first introduced SHAREfactory for PS4 in April 2014, and we are so pleased to see the engagement and support from the PlayStation community for this feature. The idea for SHAREfactory came together when we first learned about the video recording feature that was launching on PS4, as well as the industry-first innovative Share button on the DualShock 4 wireless controller.

I'd guess that they are still testing drives for compatibility with the internal one.

As for Returnal RT, yeah I'd bet its a 1080p/60 or a 4k30 (cbr) for RT mode

1080p 60fps maybe, but no way it's doing 4k30. A 6700xt can't do 4k30fps raytraced in Quake 2, a 24 year old game.

1080p 60fps maybe, but no way it's doing 4k30. A 6700xt can't do 4k30fps raytraced in Quake 2, a 24 year old game.

Quake II RTX can’t really be compared to any other title though. Unlike basically every other title (other than Minecraft RTX) that features ray tracing to some degree Quake II RTX is fully path traced, meaning 100% of all lighting in the game is from ray tracing. There’s no rasterization in it whatsoever. That’s why even though the game came out in 1997 in all its low polygon blocky goodness the game is an absolute system hog and beats the shit out of GPUs.

Miles Morales is doing 4K 30 FPS with RT.

It seems to be the extent and quality at which they’re implemented but on the surface, it’s 4K/30 with RT.

I generally remain skeptical on preview buzz but I’ve seen some from people I trust and every impression has been stellar.

Would you look to buy Returnal or RE Village from a blind review?

I sold a Digital & made a GameStop gift card, PS store credit, PS Plus membership, controller, & cash.

Still not sure what the PS Plus membership’s worth to me or whether I’ll utilize it.

Would you look to buy Returnal or RE Village from a blind review?

I sold a Digital & made a GameStop gift card, PS store credit, PS Plus membership, controller, & cash.

Still not sure what the PS Plus membership’s worth to me or whether I’ll utilize it.
I’m not preordering it but I was pretty on the fence about it. Leaning much more towards a buy now.

I’m not preordering it but I was pretty on the fence about it. Leaning much more towards a buy now.

At $69.99 it’s 1 or the other for me & I’m trying to decide.

I haven’t played RE 7 but the earlier Village demo made me buy RE 4 to finish what I started in the early 2000’s.

At $69.99 it’s 1 or the other for me & I’m trying to decide.

I haven’t played RE 7 but the earlier Village demo made me buy RE 4 to finish what I started in the early 2000’s.
I’m too biased as an RE fan. Wouldn’t be a question if I had a choice between the two.

I generally remain skeptical on preview buzz but I’ve seen some from people I trust and every impression has been stellar.

Same here, I usually couldn't care less about glowing previews for AAA games, but this one seems like a game that people had written off from the start and couldn't wait to trash it.

Really curious how it turns out.

Turns out Returnal is Dynamic 4K at 60fps with ray traced lighting

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/e...n/everything-you-need-to-know-about-returnal/
Outstanding performance
Placing gameplay at the forefront of all it does, Housemarque maintains the highest standards for performance. Thanks to the incredible power of PS5, the blistering combat and brooding visuals of Returnal’s unique world are delivered at a consistent 60 frames-per-second and a dynamic 4K resolution.

Ray-traced lighting
Experience high-fidelity ambient lighting that is specifically designed to adapt in real-time to Atropos’ dynamic environment.

[\quote]

Leaning on buying this game as well. Going to wait for the reviews...

The best thing about gigabit internet is that I don't feel any need to preorder a game and preload. I can wait for reviews and still indulge my childish impulse to play something pretty much immediately (unless it's Modern Warfare).

Scored another Digital & Disc from Amazon... Early morning prowess.

Much more difficult than my 1st go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back